Oky

Dr. Inferno's Cargo Train of DOOM!

Hello there. :classic: This was going to be my entry for the Train Tech contest, but I couldn't get it done in time. So, I took my time to finish it and post it. I was thinking if I should post it in the Train Tech forum, but since this is more an Agents MOC than anything else, I decided to post it here. Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

title.jpg

What did Dr. Inferno do when those pesky Agents busted his Volcano Base? He moved of course, and in order to carry all of his belongings with him, he built himself a Santa-Fe style cargo train.

side.jpg

But this is no ordinary train! It is packed with the latest in supervillain technology, including hidden auto-defense turrets that pop out from the side of the engine.

turret.jpg

There is one on each side and they can turn 360 degrees. Here is a front view with both of them extracted:

front_with_guns.jpg

The rear features two jet engines for extra acceleration!

rear.jpg

Now let's take a look inside, shall we? Here we can see one of Inferno's henchmen at the controls and the engine (which is powered by pure EVIL!):

cockpit_open.jpg

But what does the mysterious back part of the engine contain? Well...

cannon_1.jpg

cannon_2.jpg

cannon_3.jpg

cannon_4.jpg

cannon_5.jpg

...only a BIG EVIL LASER CANNON! :devil:

All defense systems online:

fully_armed.jpg

"Those Agents can't repel firepower of this magnitude! Victory is mine! MUAHAHAHA!"

Here you can see how the cannon is stored inside the vehicle:

cannon_inside.jpg

And here is an overview of the entire interior. Note that both walls have magnets so that they hold together better.

interior.jpg

I was going to enter the engine on its own in the second category, but after the deadline past and I wasn't building this for the contest anymore, I decided to extend it to include cargo wagon for the Inferno Mech and some extra storage space. And this is it:

carrier.jpg

Here it is without the mech. This pic also gives us a closer look at the storage crates. This is where Inferno has put all his various other belongings: tools, gadgets, death rays, valuables, explosives, and lots of things that ends with "-anator".

carrier_empty.jpg

That's it for now. For more pics, you can visit this Brickshelf folder. C&C welcome.

Farewell, and don't let those ratchet Agents get you. Evil for the win! :devil:

Amazing work, Oky! :wub:

This is a fantastic combination of a MOC and the official set. Everything looks great and the train is a sweet design too. I love the sleek nose contrasted with the rough and ready chains holding down the Robo Attack mech. The official decals blend in seamlessy and the action functions are a must-have in any Inferno set! :laugh: Black is a difficult colour to photograph but your pics are crystal clear too!

This is just great! I'm not really an Agents fan, but I do like to see a good Agents MOC, and this deffinetly one of them. The train is really well designed, and includes a Big Laser Cannon, what more could you ask from an Agents MOC!

Powered by Pure Evil? That must cut the fuel bills a little!

You have put a smile on my face on a very wet and cold morning.

Brilliant Oky! This certainly far exceeded what I thought oyu would build, and I had a pretty high margin too! Absolutely love the way you've done the black and orange colour scheme, the front of the train is fabulous, and I love the vilainous details such as the cannons and laser - which is wonderfully melodramatic touch by the by. The fact that the engine is powered by pure evil made me laugh :laugh:

The mech-carrying carriage is a great idea and you've certainly done it justice even if there isn't much actual detail on the carriage. The use of the squatting position for them ech and chains is very neat, as are the crates packed with weaponry.

My only gripe is that it feels as if the back is missing, I think it just needs a final carriage in the same vein as the front, though I can understand that you might be low on required bricks. That said an amazing and hilariously over-the-top job, I think Inferno has made a good choice with this one!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Hello!

You added a lot of concealed details in your engine, giving it a lot to discover. :classic: Let's hope there won't be a tunnel on the way which could mean the end to that wonderfully designed mecha warrior. :wink: That tiny little orange tipper waggon is my most favourite detail here. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow, that is... Really freaking awesome. Not much else to say about it really. How about a wagon just for Dr. Inferno? He could have a desk, some sort of prison... And of course an escape jet.

Wow!

Did anyone imagined this? :thumbup:

It's really a nice work~

I can feel that you had a hard work on fitting the Lazer gun into the train.

Can you make the Lazer gun more detail for me? :classic:

Thank you~

This is excellent work Oky

To star I love the thought of Inferno riding a train with a big megablox gun in the *word for first part of train* (srry I don't know hardly anything about trains) it's just such an epic thought. and if Inferno were to have a locomotive (I think that's a synonim for train) I think it would look just like this. I can't get ove the very front of the first car; it looks so nice and futuristic. What I realy like is your use of those old magnet peices that only ever apeared in about 5 themes. I :wub: all of the overthe top details ( turbo boosters, guns and equiptment all ending with anator :tongue: )

Speaking of over the top, the way you incomperated the Mech is *Perfect* .

I too feel that you shoul add a third car to the end, perhaps for his minions or a robeot control deck or something else EVIL

(because evil is just more fun :devil: )

Thanks for the kind comments, guys. :classic: I'm glad you like it so much.

Yes, the front came out very good, but to be fair, I must say that its design is based on the official Santa-Fe. It's not the same, but similar.

As for a passenger wagon: I was thinking about that, and I agree that it would enhance the train a lot, but I'm a little busy right now. Maybe I'll make one during Christmas break. :thumbup:

Can you make the Lazer gun more detail for me? :classic:

What do you mean? :look: If you want more detailed pictures of the laser cannon, check out the Brickshelf folder I linked to in the first post.

Wow Oky when you told me about this over PM I didn't expect something like this! :sweet: This has exceeded my expectations by %100 stunning work! Be sure to add pics on flickr so I can favorite them.

After seeing this creation I feel like I really need Robo attack now. :laugh:

"Those Agents can't repel firepower of this magnitude! Victory is mine! MUAHAHAHA!"

Lol. :laugh: Watching robot are we?

Edited by computerbug

This is perfect, I never imagined anything like this for and Agent MOC but you made it work. I love all the play features you included and how doesn't like laser cannons?

Somehow I managed to miss this beautiful MOC.

Oh man!

I love this!

I do not why, but I just starred at it for a minute or so, and thats not so often!

Great!

OMG too bad this didn't make it in time. This is awesome, not asa much a scary train as a cool Agents style train but it's awesome non the less. I really dig the robot on the train chained down, adn that blaster that comes out of the train is great, it was a nice surprise when scrolling down through the pcis.

Great work!

Hang on a second, I've just got to get this out of the way first.

*ahem*

Muahahahahahaha! AAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ahh... Gotta love the evil laugh -- don't knock it 'till you've tried it, folks.

Right then, the MOC.

To put it simply, this is brilliant. All of it.

The beautiful color scheme, the jets, the details (nice use of the display sticker from Robo Attack in the control panel), not to mention the freakin' lazer beams!

The shape of the locomotive's nose is perfect, much smoother than the Santa Fe you based your design on, and your use of the printed "T" tile is great.

From a functional standpoint, I can see that with the weapons systems deployed, clearances might be a bit of an issue.

Fools! They'll never catch me now. Divert power to main engines!

Wait, what's that up ahead? No! Quickly, retract the weapons, before it's too---

*CRUNCH*

Nooooooooo!!!

Why?... :cry_sad:

Edited by -The Hyphen-

I can't believe I missed this? I've got to get out of that Trains & Town forum more often. Excellent Oky Wan!

On behalf of Train Tech, on this day of November 11, 2009, I hereby grant to you an honorary train tag for this most unique and creative train.

Love that Santa Fe-style engine. Overall, a very original design. :thumbup:

Wow! Thanks, The Brickster, I'm truly honored! :cry_happy: Thanks for frontpaging it too. I hope this MOC will get more attention now. :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone else as well! I'm glad you all like it so much and I will consider your suggestions when I update the train. :classic:

Love that Santa Fe-style engine. Overall, a very original design. :thumbup:

Thanks. I thought the Santa Fe style would fit the retro-style of Inferno's mech and Volcano base. :wink:

Guess he uses the laser beam to make bigger tunnels for the robot to fit through. :grin:

Uhm, sure, let's go with that. :tongue:

Lol. :laugh: Watching robot are we?

More like Star Wars + Invader Zim. :grin:

The unvealing of the giant laser and the title made me laugh :laugh:

Nice work, the train looks very sleek, and the colour scheme works well. :sweet:

TT

More like Star Wars + Invader Zim. :grin:

I thought you were qouting the admiral ackbar cerial commercial.

here.

Awesome! I would've voted for this just to let you know. I love all the hidden features. The engine seems very fuel efficient :tongue::thumbup:

Haha, this is an awesome MOC! "Powered by EVIL" and the massive laser cannon inevitably hidden in the rear of the train made me laugh out loud.

Nice work :thumbup: