Sign in to follow this  
Darth Legolas

Black Friday 2009 discussion thread

With the Lego Store deal you get the card at checkout. :hmpf: If I'm trying to get a DS I'm only taking 50% off If I would win 50% off I should be allowed to buy more things and if I don't win much I should be able to take things out or buy nothing. I'll probably show up at mine. Hoping to get alot of SW! :wub:

Notice that on Black Friday, there will be a scratch card to get 10%, 20%, or 50% off, and you can also have a chance to win a $10, $100, or $500 USD gift card.

Thanks for posting this! That BF card is a good deal, though I see you get it at checkout, so you don't know your discount amount until the very end -- might get stuck with $10 off a $500 purchase, or 50% off a $15 purchase. Guess that's what returns are for. :tongue:

Unfortunately when I told my mom about this, she just said "NO!" and told me that there's going to be hundreds of people lining up to get into the store. :hmpf_bad:

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

There's no real way to predict, but Black Friday tends to mean crazy lines everywhere.

Sounds like the strategy is to buy 3 DS's and ring them up seperate and keep scratching till you get 50% off and then return the rest. LOL. Bet that will piss off the staff. SOunds like a strategy for me to get some big technics sets cheap. LOL

That almost makes it worth the trip.

Lines are not always predictable, but more moms are wrong and think they're right than you could imagine. :hmpf: They can be worse than two-year-olds as far as thinkig they are 100% right and 100% of the time.

Actually, my dad is worse. Two years ago when my brother and his friend were making Turkish delight for a project in school, my dad said "No, you're doing it wrong" when he doesn't know how to cook. :wacko:

Thanks for the info though!

Pi, the earlier you go, the better! My local LEGO store was open at 6am, and the mall actually had Macys open at 4am, so there was a decent crowd walking around. The store had a line at 6, but very small compared to what you are fearing. I walked in at a few minutes after 6, maybe 6:05, and it was just like a normal busy day in the LEGO store. Ask the manager at your store how last year was, I'm sure they can give you some insight.
Okay, thanks for the info! I'm not sure if my mom would want to wake up at 6 AM, though. And also, I am about 20 minutes away from the LEGO Store (which my mom says is too far already), so I can only go once every month (which means that I won't be able to go there to ask the manager). Would calling their store's phone number work?
With the Lego Store deal you get the card at checkout. :hmpf: If I'm trying to get a DS I'm only taking 50% off If I would win 50% off I should be allowed to buy more things and if I don't win much I should be able to take things out or buy nothing. I'll probably show up at mine. Hoping to get alot of SW! :wub:
Ahh, that's pretty sucky. They probably do that to make sure that you don't keep going back in line until you get 50% or something.
Thanks for posting this! That BF card is a good deal, though I see you get it at checkout, so you don't know your discount amount until the very end -- might get stuck with $10 off a $500 purchase, or 50% off a $15 purchase. Guess that's what returns are for. :tongue:

There's no real way to predict, but Black Friday tends to mean crazy lines everywhere.

No problem. :classic:

But does anyone else know what the lines were like last year at say, the afternoon? And how many sets were left?

Sounds like the strategy is to buy 3 DS's and ring them up seperate and keep scratching till you get 50% off and then return the rest. LOL. Bet that will piss off the staff. SOunds like a strategy for me to get some big technics sets cheap. LOL
:laugh:

Thanks for helping, everyone! :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

I have never went shoping in black friday, but if you check the stores after christmas your bound to find deals that are almost the same, i got the kings caslte seige for $50 :thumbup:

According to the internet Black Friday will be the 27th of november. Not being an American I was unaware of the date but it must be speaking for itself when living in USA...

When things go as planned I will be in Tucson Arizona the 27th of november, half way through my USA-train-trip-tour. Only thing: there is no Legostore there so I am going for the regular shops (if any).

Pi, the earlier you go, the better! My local LEGO store was open at 6am, and the mall actually had Macys open at 4am, so there was a decent crowd walking around. The store had a line at 6, but very small compared to what you are fearing. I walked in at a few minutes after 6, maybe 6:05, and it was just like a normal busy day in the LEGO store. Ask the manager at your store how last year was, I'm sure they can give you some insight.

That's encouraging, thanks! The only problem for me is that the closest Lego store is about an hour away, and I'm sure the crowds vary from place to place.

I was thinking about that, too. I'm not going to risk spending $400 on the DS, depending on getting the 50% off, and not the 10%. But I suppose it's only fair this way, otherwise people might not buy anything if they knew how much they would get a discount on. If I was going, I would spend money on what I was normally going to get, and then hope for a high discount.

Where I live all Kmarts closed. :cry_sad: Last thing I bought from there was 1 of the artic sets and 1 Life on Mars set when the store closed.

Same here... no K Marts close by... Oh, well...

Thanks for posting this! I don't see anything on the page about a buy 2 get 1 free sale, though. :look:

I won't be going there because I have no idea where the closest Kmart is. :grin:

There doesn't seem to be much stuff, too, according to the Kmart site...

I also think that this belongs in the Black Friday discussion thread. :wink:

3 Endor set's here I come.

I hope they are well stocked.

Good luck. Does K-Mart even carry that set? I don't think I have ever seen that one at my local K-Mart.

Good luck. Does K-Mart even carry that set? I don't think I have ever seen that one at my local K-Mart.

They do carry that set. They carry the full range of lego. Its just their selection isn't that great so seeing big sets in kmart stores are rare.

I agree with IlikePi, this does belong in the 2009 Black Friday discussion thread. So, I'm merging them.

I would really love to see the originator of this thread update the first post so that everyone can see the important info at first glance....hint, hint....

I'm planning to go to Lego store for a Death Star ( :wub: ) and maybe some other things too. I have one question- is it possible to get 0% off? Or is 10% guaranteed? I would really hate to wake up at 6 AM to get a Death for full retail price. :hmpf:

I'm planning to go to Lego store for a Death Star ( :wub: ) and maybe some other things too. I have one question- is it possible to get 0% off? Or is 10% guaranteed? I would really hate to wake up at 6 AM to get a Death for full retail price. :hmpf:

One of the options listed in this year's ad is a $10 gift card, which wouldn't even cover the sales tax on the Death Star. I would imagine the 10% off will be more common than the $10 gift card though.

One of the options listed in this year's ad is a $10 gift card, which wouldn't even cover the sales tax on the Death Star. I would imagine the 10% off will be more common than the $10 gift card though.

So in other words, I'm guaranteed $10 off, but it's likely I'll get at least 10%?

Anyone have any clue what the big deal will be at Target this year. Last year was the SD and Walmart had the king castle. I am interested to know what this years will be?

XBox 360 Arcade Console + a $100 Walmart Gift Card For $199.

Read about it in our Black Friday news.

Thats according to Blackfriday.info, but if this is just for black friday for LEGO then i apoligize.

Anyone have any clue what the big deal will be at Target this year. Last year was the SD and Walmart had the king castle. I am interested to know what this years will be?

I was at my local Target store yesterday and all I saw was mountain upon mountain of the pink, green, blue tubs. No sign of which set will be this year's Black Friday lego set. For those of you who're close by Target, middle of next week is the time to start checking...

So in other words, I'm guaranteed $10 off, but it's likely I'll get at least 10%?
Yes, I think that you will get at least 10% off no matter what. I think that the gift cards are just a bonus if you actually get one. :wink:

Good luck on getting the Death Star! It's probably every LEGO Star Wars fan's dream (including mine). :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

I was just looking online at some Black Friday ads; Target is having the Troll Warship and Temple of the Crystal Skull on sale for $49.99 on black friday.

Sign in to follow this