SlyOwl

Pillaging Port Royal

th_thindexedgif.gif 96b

To be honest, I don't get it. I spent many weeks on Aslan's How, yet I spent a couple of days on this one, and it's bigger! :pir_laugh2:

Just a classic invasion scene.

portroyal01.jpg

portroyal02.jpg

portroyal03.jpg

portroyal04.jpg

portroyal05.jpg

portroyal06.jpg

portroyal07.jpg

portroyal08.jpg

portroyal09.jpg

portroyal10.jpg

portroyal11.jpg

:pir-skull:

This is stunning work again. I really like the shark chasing that poor guy in a chest :pir_laugh2:

The use of skeletons reminds me of PotC, although this is a common motive in horror storys.

To their victims, plundering and pillaging pirates certainly were seen as such.

Really impressive, I'm thinking about doing something landbased for PTVII now that my ship won't be finished in time and this MOC surely is a great inspiration :pir-cry_happy:

Best Regards

Perfectionist

Edited by Perfectionist

Fighting? Check.

Undead Pirates? Check.

People dumping barrels of poo? ( :pir_laugh2: ) Check.

Looks like everything's in order. What an interesting and inventive MOC. Good work. :thumbup:

:pir-cry_happy: Amazing work! If I would name all the nice details of this MOC I would spent hours making this post, so I keep it short :pir-classic: For example I really like the shooting cannons, the shark :shark: , the fire, the skeletons, the buildings and ofcourse the overall look. :thumbup:

And I also see what the redcoats did wrong. They hanged a skeleton pirate, That's asking for trouble ofcourse! :pir_laugh2:

One question: How did you put the skeleton arm in the normal torso?

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Already commented on Flickr !

I just notice the use of old yellowish white brick for the wall on the left !

Great Moc full of action.

I must keep this MOC in mind for future reference...

Treasure chest lids for roofs! Excellent idea there. Its always handy to make use of pieces that never seem to have much use. Lots going on and some great techniques as always. Another all round great build from you! :pir-classic:

Awesome work! The gate area is wonderful, and I love how the fire seems to be caught in a breeze. You are a true master!

Treasure chest lids for roofs! Excellent idea there.

I didn't catch that till I read your post.I love your MOC, the cannon, people screaming, and utter confusion just adds to the scene.

Why is a guy trying to put out a fire in the middle of a battle scared of the pirates is he. :pir_laugh2:

Brillant.

The fire is my favorite, so much detail!!

There is so much action, I love it!

I'm not a fan of all the violence, but luckily there's plenty of good building in this scene. My favorite is the city wall.

Oooh, seeing all this violence amidst the Peace proclamations of PTV II just makes me wanna cry... :pir_bawling:

That aside though - your building style is stunning as ever, SlyOwl. My favourite detail? The trails behind / around vessels in the water! That is so typically you - such neat details add so much to your MOCs!

This is a brilliant piece of work. You have captured the essence of a pillage perfectly, but added your own twist (undead pirates, etc :pir_laugh2:). As usual, there is always an endless amount of things going on, which means every picture shows some thing new.

The use of treasure chest lids as roofing pieces is a very inventive technique - looks fantastic too.

Stunning, incredible creation! :thumbup:

So! realy nice Moc..... there are a lot of things that i love to "steal" for my own stuff.

Wow!

I spent few minutes carefully observing this MOC.

Very innovative!

Details are fantastic.

I like the five parts the most interesting:

1. the cannon on the roof.

2. the cannon on the ground

3. fire on the right building

4. pirate running away in a chest followed by the shark

5. the wall is greatly built

Wonderful job again SlyOwl! I love this one!

The action and details are very nice. I really like the broken window!

And that guy in the crate chased by the shark is great as well. :pir_laugh2:

I also see a great roofing technique again, very creative!

How have you made the poles on the sides of the dock, with the ropes? That looks very interesting!

Great work SlyOwl! :thumbup:

Those canons look nice, but I can't seem to figure out the parts used to build those... any close up pics of the canons?

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone :pir-wub:

One question: How did you put the skeleton arm in the normal torso?

The old style arm fits into the socket in the torso nicely. For the new style arm, I used a viking horn/barb piece, which wedges into the socket (the torso must be the old style for this to work).

Treasure chest lids for roofs! Excellent idea there. Its always handy to make use of pieces that never seem to have much use. Lots going on and some great techniques as always. Another all round great build from you! :pir-classic:

Ah, you yourself inspired me to start this, with your epic port dios :thumbup:

Oooh, seeing all this violence amidst the Peace proclamations of PTV II just makes me wanna cry... :pir_bawling:

Aw... :pir-grin:

How have you made the poles on the sides of the dock, with the ropes? That looks very interesting!

Technic brick with a loop of string through it, pulled tight over the bar. Lots of knitting!

Those canons look nice, but I can't seem to figure out the parts used to build those... any close up pics of the canons?

They're similar to this, which I made last year; I adjusted the back bit to make it heavier.

It looks like a mini-Port Royal from POTC but you should of took the pics in a dark environment if this is night-time :pir-classic:

They're similar to this, which I made last year; I adjusted the back bit to make it heavier.

Thanks! That's a nice cannon design. From the photos I somehow thought the barrels were not smooth: must have be the lighting.