Sign in to follow this  
Ras 74

Eurobricks Event 2010 in Billund.

Because Kim can't make it on the old dates, I'm fine with the new ones.

I'll just sacrifice some of my holidays, but it's for a good reason :thumbup:

Basically I can make it on whatever dates except Saturday 30th of April. So should you guys want to change again it might be handy to have this info.

Ras, I suggest you send a PM to those who have confirmed already to make sure they don't miss this info. It's in the middle of this thread and I can understand not all check it regularly.

For my reason, it doesn´t have to be the 6th-9th og may, it can be any date, I would just like that it is a date that Jan Bayer is in Billund, so he can give us something special, tour or something. If he can all-ready confirm that we will "only" see what when have allready seen in earlier events, then it might as well be 13th-16th of may. If he can show us something special, then that is the most important thing for me (I don´t care about the other eventees, the rum, the fun, the firefighter games etc).

Ras talk to Jan, and find out which dates he is in Billund, and then anounce the date! It is soo good you are out so early, it makes it so much easier for us.

Morten

I agree with Morten here.

Personally I'd prefer, if we could kick it back another week or two.

The weekend 6-9 May should suit me fine. As I haven't officially been at a Billund event before I'd like any extra behind the scenes tours on offer. At this stage the key thing for me is to fix the dates so that I can watch flight prices and ensure I've no commitments at work for that time. The later date was not a public holiday here in Ireland anyway.

David

Both weekends suits me fine but if I should choose one it would be the earlier date. :classic:

I will talk to Jan, then settle a date, and PM all that have made a confirmation so far.

For now on, it seems like 6-9 th of May then. But I will get back to you all.

I will talk to Jan, then settle a date, and PM all that have made a confirmation so far.

For now on, it seems like 6-9 th of May then. But I will get back to you all.

Ok, thanks.

Personally I'd prefer, if we could kick it back another week or two.

Same here (as long as it's not including the 30th of April). If it would be earlier there would be a bit more distance between the event and our public holidays on the 14th/15th of May (else I'll have a lot of holidays in a short time which might give some job related problems). But again, it's not a big thing and I'll make it on the other dates also.

Any news about the date?

I´d like to "block" the dates as soon as possible.

Hopefully around the 30th of April as I am to be a father on the 8th or 9th of May.

Hopefully around the 30th of April as I am to be a father on the 8th or 9th of May.

Congratulations! I didn't know that.

As long as it's not the 30th itself because that's the only date that's impossible for me (our neighbors are married for 50 years on that date and I've promised to DJ at their party).

Congrats KimT ! Now we have to be on perfect timing due to that unexpected (from our perspective) event :grin: . When does the park opens ?

I have recived nothing from Jan so far :(

Will mail him again.

Congrats to you and Mrs. Santa ;)

Does not children use to be late??

I asked Jan about the 6-9 of May, do we have changes in these dates?

Any more suggestions??

We are really running out of dates now.

/Annoyed Event Admin!!

Got a reply from Jan that the dates 6-9 will suit good for him.

Replyed back that those are the dates we got for now.

We started out in good time... now we are running out of it.

The clock is spinning like crazy here.

And there's no chance we'll go back 14 days? :cry_sad:

Having the event in the end of April would suit me much better.

If 6-9th of May is the dates, then I can't see myself participating this year.

So then it would mean the 22-25th of April. How does that sounds to all?

So then it would mean the 22-25th of April. How does that sounds to all?

Slowly I get used to almost any date. :tongue:

If we just fix one...

It is not good to me, I have plans that sunday allready, but I gues I will have to leave early, I am getting used to that! What about the weekend before: 16/4 to 18/4 would that be an option?

You have a difficult job Ras!!!

Morten

For me it's better with later than earlier on a general basis, but pretty sure I can make it 22-25th of April, probably also 15th-18th of April, but anything earlier than that and I risk work getting in the way.

I just reserved the three days in april.

First entry in our 2010 calendar at work. :grin:

Did I say yet I was looking forward to it?

Anyone planning to go to Billund next year that is in a position to visit Legoland Gunzburg between now and the end of the season (basically within the next two weeks) will be interested to hear that it is possible to acquire one of the Merlin Premium Super-duper dippity do dah all inclusive passes for only €10 if you spend more than €75 in total in most park stores. This upgraded pass will entitle you to access to Billund also. Basically spending €75 gets you a free annual pass and its €10 extra to get the premium upgrade. Those who acquired this pass at last year's event won't need a new one for the 2010 event as it will still be valid but if multiple trips later in the year are planned its possible to extend the pass to a date that is a year from the day you visit the park. For example although my pass was due to expire in May 2010, for €10 over and above my €75 (which I was spending anyway) I extended the expiration date last weekend to late October 2010, which is basically most of the 2010 season.

By the way there was an unusually large amount of old grey pieces in the sales marque PAB section at Gunzburg.

The Legoland Billund website says that...

"LEGOLAND is closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays during weeks 15, 16, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 and 43 in 2010."

am I counting really wrong or does the 15th of April (a Thursday) fall on the 16th week of the year?

No, you're right.

But what's your point?

That we can't go to the park on Thursday?

If so, then no problem, people will be arriving all day and even if we started out Thursday morning, then I am sure that the plan will be somewhat different than simply going to the park.

We've got all weekend for that and the LEGO facilities in Billund are closed during weekends.

Good point Izzy!

But just as Kim says, we will all gather this day, and there are several things to do that we won´t be needing the park for.

Even if it is your first visit in a Legoland park, you will have plenty of time to go around and see what you want to see.

We usually split up in small groups and do different stuff. Some wants to go rides, some wants to visit the mini-land and so on.

But we use to meet up every second houer or so to plan what we will do.

I am in the work of getting a program together ruffly to see what will happend each day.

There will soon be a thread about when everybody will arrive, so we can roughly get a feeling of when people will drop in.

No, you're right.

But what's your point?

Haha! Thanks KimT. Now I feel like an idiot for pointing it out! :tongue:

Hey Folks.

My family and I are planning a holiday which just happens to be right at the time of the EB event. I'm sure I've read the event is only if you're 18 or over? I'd really love to come meet some of you guys I've talked to for the last 4+ years.

Is it an option for Me and my family to come?

I'd probably only be able to stay for 1-2 days, if at all, but seeing as we're exploring options, It'd be great to know if I'm Welcome :wink:

Thanks, Legoman