Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

For Whom The Bell Tolls!

I remember when I first saw your large entry for the PTVII contest; I loved everthing about it, except your use of all those round 1x1 bricks for the house walls.

At some point I must have changed my mind, because I actually really really like how it makes the church in this MOC look even more realistic than what we're used to. The entire MOC is incredible. I love to browse through all the pictures

Ah, I can not believe what I am looking at right now.

Why I did not come to pirate section earlier?

This is fantastic church, man. Awesome details, awesome walls, awesome green and rocke ground. The master piece!

Your creations are all lovely. What I like most is the way you position them in the landscape.

:thumbup:

Thanks for all the great comments! Yes i try to keep most of my models assembled, usually the best ones make it to the coastline. I had to destroy my ptv2 entry to make this one, even tho i would of liked to use it in my coastline. And yes, the model was named after a metallica song, even tho it has nothing to do with what the songs about, but i thought it suited the moc and was listening to it at the time :pir-classic:

All that detail in the church is really amazing. The landscaping is great as usual. The only thing i'm not really digging is at the top of the cliff, the church graveyard especially, the ground looks a tad flat. Other than that, excellent MOC. ~LW 8~

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I love the texture you've built into the church, as well as the windows and little (spires? The things on the corners).

What you did with the water was also neat, and I really like the way you have little veins of greenery running down the rocks. :thumbup:

For Whom The Bell Tolls!

Time marches on? :pir-tongue:

Fantastic creation, such texture and attention to detail. Perhaps you could show us some tips in creating a brick-built base like the one pictured?

I'll save your fingers from typing 20 pages of criticism, although I don't think there is much to be improved. :pir-tongue:

This is not Derfel Cardarn's entry, he has made already one a while ago. An excellent MOC as well.

Is this in the contest? Because I really need to know before I lose an hour or TWO of my life critic-ing this.

Why? Derfel's stuff is quite simply top-notch... idea pitching won't work with him, because he does come up with the coolest of concepts in his head all the time :]

although I don't think there is much to be improved. :pir-tongue:

Well no joke, but to list everything I think is cool would take some time.