SlyOwl

Pillage the Village II: The Calm After the Storm

Matthew, could you please create a new topic for your entry in the Pirates MOC Subforum with the following format:

Topic Title: What Men Love

Topic Description: PTV2 Contest Entry - Medium

Post a judging image in that thread by deeplinking your Flickr images and link to your Flickr stream.

Thanks very much. :pir-classic:

awesome!! ive got a great idea! One question... my idea involves me RECREATING a different LEGO model, released by LEGO. i dont want to be TOO speciffic, but its a city RELATED set. If i find instructions on how LEGO built it, can i do something very similar to it?

to be more speciffic, heres an example:

trying to copy a rock building technique.

will this be allowed? i hope i didnt confuse anyone :pir-laugh:

Copying a rock technique is fine, but I would suggest you don't copy anything else. A city MOC won't get you very far in this contest. :pir-wink:

Hi there!

I am currently building a french 80 gun ship of the line in 1:52 scale (gundeck length 116cm). Since i made good progress, i assume that the hull will be done until the end of october/beginning of november. Rigging will take an awful amount of time, so i had the idea to put a roof on the hull and present it as a ship "in ordinary" for the PtVII contest in the large category. :pir-classic:

This symbolizes the calm before the storm quite good in my opinion.

Well, I also have to say that I am really happy, that a forum like this exists. :pir-cry_happy:

Btw, what do you have to do to become a "MOC expert"?

Edited by Perfectionist

I think you have to be one... :pir_laugh2:

(it's all up to the staff's discretion, as everything is around here, but they're pretty fair generally :pir-wink: )

I'm really looking forward to your ship. I hope you get to enter it in time for the competition.

Edited by Rick

A MOC expert is someone who has demonstrated that they have a special talent with LEGO. The best way to become one is not to ask to be one, demonstrate that you are one, and wait until the staff pick up on it. :pir-wink:

And I look foward to your MOC. :pir-sweet:

You know i've actually found it easier to make a non-violent pirate moc than a violent gory one where someones getting put head first into a cannon.

I'm finding this contest is better than last years because it really challenges some of us more blood thirsty pirates to be peaceful :pir-classic:

Hi, I am back after having a baby and would like some advise as talkin to Zorro when i first created my account i am at a loose end. My partner Defel Cadarn and i use the same computer, i know we cant both vote but can we both submit moc entries for the competition, He has already submitted his in the large but i also have 1 to submit into the large. Is this a problem?

Yup, that's fine :thumbup:

Just build it all yourself :wink:

Yup, that's fine :thumbup:

Just build it all yourself :wink:

Thanks! No chance of him helpin me selfish git lol, Hes way beta than me anyway but then ive only done a few (Still learning) :pir-blush:

Thanks! No chance of him helpin me selfish git lol, Hes way beta than me anyway but then ive only done a few (Still learning) :pir-blush:

Well, practice is the way to get better, I look foward to seeing your creation. :pir-wink:

how do i upload my photo's on this site?

thanks peepz :pir-classic:

You can't

You have to create a user on for example photobucket.com

When you've uploaded the pictures to your photobucket album in the correct size (800x600 pixel maximum)

you post your pictures in your thread hereon eurobricks.

find your picture's link adress and place these two brackets around the adress:

>and then at the end of the adress

Edited by Lorentzen

Good luck mate! But there's no need to speed things up, you've got a whole month to go. :pir-wink:

On a side note, I should start with my small devision... :pir-hmpf:

Good luck mate! But there's no need to speed things up, you've got a whole month to go. :pir-wink:

I can't believe that the contest is going to run for 2 months, that's a long time.

I have to finish taking pics of my large entry and I am yet to build my small entry, I'v got a couple of ideas though, I also need to resize my medium division pics.

2 months is a long time indeed, but some people might need that time to order bricks to build something large. I'm sure some people are doing that. :pir-wink:

2 months is a long time indeed, but some people might need that time to order bricks to build something large. I'm sure some people are doing that. :pir-wink:

I'm sure those people are cooking something really cool... Those people must really want to surprise us! :pir_laugh2:

I should hurry building my entries. November is going to be a busy month for me and I don't know how much time I have. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Perhaps I have the chance to present you guys something though. :pir_laugh2:

Like Teddy told me on Legoworld:

You have always time to build with LEGO, but LEGO hasn't always priority.

if an entry is 14 x 30 is it med or large? i saw there was some leeway written in the rules or can i just post it and a moderator can formally decide?

If an entry is 14 x 30 is it med or large? I saw there was some leeway written in the rules or can I just post it and a moderator can formally decide?

It would fall under the large division, but that's just what I think so I'm not sure. I wouldn't post it until they tell you which will probably be sometime today.

Edited by Ratshot