Sign in to follow this  
gcarstensen

MOC: DD40AX

traintech1.jpg

maybe you've maybe you haven't but i thought it was worth a mention because it is the first model of the famous union pacific DdA40X's.

the DDA40X was two engines put onto a single chassis, it is the biggest and most powerful diesel ever

any ways check out this train.

brickshelf

go up to see some more cool trains too

That is huge! You did a great job there. I have no doubt it needs both 9V motors to move along. I guess you have to make quite a bit of room around the corners? Your other MOCs are great too. Keep it up!

That is huge! You did a great job there. I have no doubt it needs both 9V motors to move along. I guess you have to make quite a bit of room around the corners? Your other MOCs are great too. Keep it up!

thanks but these aren't mine :grin:

if found this on brickshelf and thought it was worth a mention

He's off to a good start--if I can ever find the old drawings I prepped and feed 'em into MLCAD, I was designing a 10-wide, 99-stud-long, four-9v-motor model of this behemoth.

Two 3000hp GP40's on a common frame, with a 10% uprating thanks to that massive radiator section. (If you were like "Huh?" when I mentioned exaggerating GP40X radiators, basically imagine this thing sawed in half.)