Sandy

LEGO Princesses

Printed dresses  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How many of the printed dresses you own?

• All of them
    • Most of them
    • Some of them
    • Just one
    • None of them

I love how you made them all unique by giving them different hair/heads Sandy. :sweet:

As for the poll, I probably have maybe half (I'd have to check for sure later). I'm missing all the HP ones, the Orc "princess", and a couple other odd ones here and there. And as for the height thing, I think it's a bit odd that they're taller than the usual male minifig as well; I usually tend to avoid girls taller than me, but maybe minfig guys don't mind as much? :tongue:

As for the height issue, it depends on the character. If it makes sense for them to wear a dress/skirt/apron/robe, then I'll give them the big slope, but if they need to be shorter I might use a combination of plates and a plain slope bricks to achieve the effect. I tend to prefer pants for my characters, but sometimes you've got no choice.

All this talk about dresses reminded me of a custom one I painted a while back and never posted pics of. I just put it up in the Minifig Customization Forum.

I only have Queen Leonara's top, I think I lost the skirt when I was small. :hmpf_bad:

As for the old style minifig legs, they always make me think 'Mermaid' when I see them.

12 for 12.

But I wouldn't have realized how many their were and what the range was without this topic.

Thanks for posting.

-Tohst

I love how you made them all unique by giving them different hair/heads Sandy. :sweet:

Although I can't help feeling that the Ginger Hair with Fantasy Castle Maid Tan and Brown dress does not go somehow. Don't get me wrong Sandy, I would never criticise a womans dress sense (especially if she was taller than me!), but I have thought since I first saw this topic that they do not 'go' togethor. The rest look great!

but if they need to be shorter I might use a combination of plates and a plain slope bricks to achieve the effect.

But then you loose the very nice printed skirt, which is a shame, because they are such good characters!

3 out of 12 for me. Governor's daughter, Tan and brown maid and Market woman. Thanks for this thread. Wouldn't have realised there's only 12 variations at this point in time.

Great collection you have there! I have several of those, but not very many.

However, I'd like to point out that you missed the Studio Monsters actress in the dark red dress. I realize that you may have done that on purpose, since her dress doesn't have any printing on it, but it is still the old dress piece (meaning it looks like a slope, but is hollow inside). Do you not count that as a dress since it doesn't have printing? (I'm sorry if I'm sounding obnoxious here, I'm really not trying to be, I just wanted to ask you.)

However, I'd like to point out that you missed the Studio Monsters actress in the dark red dress. I realize that you may have done that on purpose, since her dress doesn't have any printing on it, but it is still the old dress piece (meaning it looks like a slope, but is hollow inside).

I do own that dress as well, but you are right, I did not count it with this group since it's not printed. Its not the only "plain dress", though.

Some of them you can see at my work "Rainbow tower" at Russian fan-forum Lego ( http://www.phantoms.su/index.php?showtopic=12774 )

What a beautiful creation! :wub: I'm a bit of a sucker for rainbows and colors, anyway. :blush:

I am looking forward to getting the new Governors daughter on Jan 1st with the new Pirate set

So am I! Having seen the close-ups, the dress is absolutely gorgeous, but the best part in it is that the backside of the torso looks like it could be used as a simple bodice as well, by switching the arms the opposite way.

And what about the Maiden from 6081? I believe she was the first Lego princess.

cas097.jpg

And what about the Maiden from 6081? I believe she was the first Lego princess.

She doesn't have a printed dress. Sandy's collection is all the printed dresses, not all the princesses :wink:

I've got them all.

Aside from the Kings Mountain Fortress princess, you can gin up a few more princesses with the non-printed slopes.

Then there is the princess keychain with the cloth dress...

Steve

Sadly I only have 3 (Marauder's Map, Skeleton Tower, Trelawney) I intend to have at least three more very soon though!!

It's really cool you've collected all these here. I have all but 1--Professor Trelawney. I really want that fig to make a fortune-teller character too, but all the rarer HP figs are so expensive on Bricklink! The height difference always bothered me as a kid, but I don't mind it so much now. I sort of wonder why they never made a piece specifically for this purpose (that attached tightly to the torso) before. The assembly can be kind of fragile.

I also like to attach the old style legs to the female torsos to make skirts. It looks really cool like that and the height difference is adjustable, though I've found that sometimes there are color variations since those style leg pieces are pretty old.

Congrats on finishing your collection. It's great that TLG is producing more female minifigs nowadays. :classic:

I have four: Skeleton Tower princess, the two maids from MMV, and the Maurderer's Map statue, although I never considered the last one to be a female dress. Hopefully I get the troll queen and human queen soon.

I know my brother owns the Marauder's Map one however after 10 years of collecting I remain dressless.

Edited by hawkyboy4