Trexxen

Lego Rock Band...Confirmed!

Interesting articles on the game

Notable mentions

- Rock band instruments compatible

- Relapse date 11/2/09 (US)

- Price $49.99 (US)

230597brp.jpg

Speculation has been buzzing for weeks about whether Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and its subsidiary TT Games would lend their oddball Lego touch to MTV Games and Harmonix's popular rhythm game franchise Rock Band. Today, that scenario became a reality, as the quartet of companies officially announced that Lego Rock Band for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Nintendo DS will be available this holiday season.

Complete with rock star chest hair.

The console editions of Lego Rock Band are being developed by TT Games in partnership with Harmonix and will be published by WBIE. Billed as a family-oriented experience, Lego Rock Band will offer a similar play style to that found in Harmonix's flagship titles but will also include Lego-themed levels as well as character customization options reliant on the versatile building blocks. Lego Rock Band will also support all previously released Rock Band instruments, as well as other compatible controllers.

Like the upcoming Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP, Lego Rock Band on the DS will be codeveloped by Backbone Entertainment. WBIE did not indicate whether the DS version would include an input peripheral in the vein of Activision's Guitar Hero On Tour. An MTV Games representative declined to comment on the company's plans for the DS game.

As is customary with rhythm-game announcements, WBIE also teased out a handful of tracks that will be playable in the game. While the publisher did not indicate the total number of playable tracks available, it did call out Blur's "Song 2," Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting," Europe's "The Final Countdown," and Pink's "So What." WBIE made a point of noting that all songs will be "suitable for younger audiences."

Players will become rockers as they embark on a journey to stardom that the whole family can enjoy as they work their way through local venues, stadiums and fantasy locations on Earth and beyond that mimic the imaginative settings that the LEGO world offers. Also continuing the LEGO “build-and-play” gaming experience, players will be able to create their own LEGO Rock Band style as they customize their minifigure avatars, band and entourage, including roadies, managers and crew. LEGO Rock Band supports Rock Band instruments, as well as other music game controllers.

and one more :grin:

The game, which will allow families, tweens and teens to experience a wild journey to rock stardom where they can “Build a Band and Rock the Universe,” will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ home videogame console. LEGO Rock Band for Nintendo DS™ will be developed by TT Games in partnership with Backbone Entertainment, a Foundation 9 Entertainment studio. All versions are scheduled for release holiday 2009.

LEGO Rock Band combines the multiplayer music experience of Rock Band® with the fun, customization and humor of the LEGO videogame franchise packed with brilliant chart-topping songs and classic favorites suitable for younger audiences, including:

Blur: “Song 2”

Carl Douglas: “Kung Fu Fighting”

Europe: “The Final Countdown”

Good Charlotte: “Boys and Girls”

Pink: “So What”

* Forget becoming the biggest Rock Band in the world… become the biggest Rock Band in the universe! LEGO style and humor take Rock Band to an all-new level; experience fun for the whole family on a wild journey to rock stardom culminating in the ultimate rock gig that will take you out of this world!

o Songs You Know and Love – rock out to everything from current radio hits to past favorites the whole family will enjoy.

o LEGO Themed Rock Challenges – play killer riffs to destroy a giant robot, summon a storm and demolish a skyscraper using the power of rock!

o Enhanced Customizer – don’t stop with your avatar, customize your whole entourage! Design the band, roadies, and manager just the way you want!

o Build fame LEGO style – Collect LEGO bricks after each song to build cooler vehicles and move to new venues.

o LEGO Rock Den – buy furniture, decorate the walls and customize your band’s hang-out as you climb the ladder to rock success.

o An easier skill set option for budding musicians.

(Source)

Enjoy :wink: and rock the cazba :tongue:

:hmpf: This has already been posted somewhere and anyway I think it's going to be a big failure.

You just don't get it, do you? :hmpf: Just because something is new to you doesn't mean that there isn't already a thread about it here.

Besides, Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable source to link to.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

You just don't get it, do you? :hmpf: Just because something is new to you doesn't mean that there isn't already a thread about it here.

Besides, Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable source to link to.

Sorry.I'll stop.

*thinking to self*I've got to get get off brickshelf.

Edited by sologuy369

Gee guys, sologuy369 was only trying to share with us some interesting news, there's no need to be so grumpy.

I even tried searching EB before posting!

I even tried searching EB before posting!

EB shearch isn't all that great, sorry if I upset you. I tried to be nice unkile some others. It doesn't bother me that much but I hate to see members get banned for stuff like this. Here's a link if you want to disscus it. :wink:Link.

Edited by JCC1004

I tried to be nice unkile some others.

I guess I'm meant by that. :sceptic: Sorry that I sounded so "grumpy", I guess I overreacted a little. :blush: It's just that there have been so many pointless topics lately...

Anyway, I'm sorry. :classic:

Now that I've played LEGO Rock Band a little (it was at Comic Con) I want it even more than I did before. Before anyone grips about LEGO going out of their "comfort zone" try the game yourself. Its fun, family friendly, and yes LEGO is jumping on the Band Wagon (pun intended).

My only grip is that I'll have to buy a new game system -- PS3 or Wii -- to play the game. But I was planning on doing that anyway.

I guess I'm meant by that. :sceptic: Sorry that I sounded so "grumpy", I guess I overreacted a little. :blush: It's just that there have been so many pointless topics lately...

Anyway, I'm sorry. :classic:

I'm pretty sure you were thinking about another member,

go cubs go.

They have alot of closed topics Mr. Solo has barely any. ,

I wasn't saying that sologuy created all those topics, I just said that there were a lot of them.

But yeah, Cubs created a fair share of them.

Now somebody please close this topic before I say something stupid again. :blush:

I wasn't saying that sologuy created all those topics, I just said that there were a lot of them.

But yeah, Cubs created a fair share of them.

Now somebody please close this topic before I say something stupid again. :blush:

:laugh: Mods? Hello?*echos*By the way I like your BTTF banner and I see you fixed the Toy Story date.

Edited by JCC1004

By the way I like your BTTF banner and I see you fixed the Toy Story date.[/color][/b]

Thanks. You know it's a link, right?

Yeah, Raven Brickroft pointed out to me that the date was wrong. How embarrassing. :blush: The thing is that I'm expecting the first sets to pop up around Christmas already. :wink:

This is getting really off topic now, so yeah... Any time now mods. :grin:

Click here for the details

Topic is merged. Please use the search function, and have the time to browse through the searched results before posting...

As for the rest, I appericate the link and friendly advice, BUT I appericate even more that off topic stuff should be kept offsite.

Thanks.

Topic is merged. Please use the search function, and have the time to browse through the searched results before posting...

As for the rest, I appericate the link and friendly advice, BUT I appericate even more that off topic stuff should be kept offsite.

Thanks.

Thank you. (3 months later)

Sorry for being off topic. There hasn't been much news since SDCC.

But now there is!

Lego Rock Band is now in the Best Buy ad. On gamestop.com... well I'll let you guys see for your self :wink: .

Wii release date: 11/17/09*

release date(everything else): 11/10/09

link

Is the keychain a one-of-a-kind?(only with this game?)

* wonder why?

Edit: Wii release date

Edited by sologuy369

I hope they make a concert set! This would be a great new line of sets! :thumbup:
It would be, and it seems they are at least making an effort here by offerring a Rock Band themed product, the keychain.

Wow, an exclusive keychain that comes with the game?

LegoRB_bonusLG.jpg

Not really that hard to make, but the LEGO Rock Band tile seems to be exclusive. :oh:

I don't really see how this game will be that much different than the other Rock Band games, though (other than the pictures of LEGO minifigs singing).

Unless some special LEGO drums, guitars and microphones are released. :laugh:

Not really that hard to make, but the LEGO Rock Band tile seems to be exclusive. :oh:
True.

And note that you can see, at the ends, that that is actually two tiles, so I wonder if it is printed (on both tiles)...?

True.

And note that you can see, at the ends, that that is actually two tiles, so I wonder if it is printed (on both tiles)...?

I saw it at my local Gamestop. It's not printed, its a sticker. :pir-hmpf:

I saw it at my local Gamestop. It's not printed, its a sticker. :pir-hmpf:
Bah, what a rip-off. Not much of a point in pre-ordering, if you ask me (unless really, really want the game). :sceptic:

And booger, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't look closely enough to see that.

Many links to some pictures and information you might enjoy:

Blur in Lego Rock Band (article): here

Iggy Pop: here

Bowie (!!!!): here

Source: rollingstone.com (very reliable!!)

You're welcome. :wink:

LegoRB_bonusLG.jpg

Stickers, fairly familer pieces...

I wanted to share the NEW( :cry_happy: ) news so quickly that I didn't take a good look. One thing that I notice: white sticker on black piece. I will think about pre-ordering it or not...