382nd Legionnaire

Motorized Walking AT-TE?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I just found this on Youtube. Not my video btw. It looks pretty legit to be motorized function but there are doubts. I've bought 2 motorized functions from the new AT-AT and couldn't have gotten it to move. Is this video stop motion or what? If this video is indeed the real thing, then maybe the AT-TE can be more playable.

That is most definitely a motorized AT-TE. There's no way that someone could make a stop-motion animation that is that good. :wink:

Thanks for sharing that video, too!

I've deeplinked it for quicker viewing:

That thing just raced across that sheet didn't it :wink:

It's a pretty cool mod to the set and it seems to really walk ,not shuffle. If it had a more powerful motor would it go faster ?

Awesome, thanks for posting. The walking mechanism is very elegant especially compared to LEGO's own AT-AT.

It's pretty hard to search for "AT-TE", has anyone found pictures of this?

Wow good find! :thumbup:

That makes it look so real, so alive! :cry_happy:

I wish I'd had bought that set now :sad:

Oh well, i'll just keep watching this vid :laugh:

CommanderFox

That thing just raced across that sheet didn't it :wink:

It's a pretty cool mod to the set and it seems to really walk ,not shuffle. If it had a more powerful motor would it go faster ?

It looks great, and is a marvellous bit of engineering, but I get the feeling that the video has been slowed down for a more dramatic effect...

Its a common practice in movie making - want something to look bigger and more impressive? Slow it down :)

Just my thoughts

Kaitan

Wow thats really cool. I really love how it walks it looks really authentic.

Thanks for the video

Woo, waht a mod !! :cry_happy:

The walking mechanism is very elegant especially compared to LEGO's own AT-AT.

That's normal. AT-TE is a 6 leg walker whereas AT-AT is only a 4 leg walker.

As a consequence, it is easier to have smooth moves, since you always have at least 3 legs on the ground. ;)

Really nice mod - it's great to see the AT-TE in action! Putting power function into anything makes it that bit more awesome :wink:

As a consequence, it is easier to have smooth moves, since you always have at least 3 legs on the ground. ;)

By the looks of it the middle legs aren't motorised so provide a handy function as stabilisers.

It looks great, and is a marvellous bit of engineering, but I get the feeling that the video has been slowed down for a more dramatic effect...

Its a common practice in movie making - want something to look bigger and more impressive? Slow it down :)

It works a treat in the movies! However based on the lumbering speed of the motorised AT-AT I think this is moving at actual speed. Anything quicker and it might shake apart!

I'll go for what everyone else have said; it's motorized.

It must have required a lot of work and thinking, as the legs of an AT-TE are angled.

That is very cool, it's definetaly real. Someone took some time and figured it out. I bet there is significantly less room inside though. :tongue:

That is something diffent cool video, i like someone to do that with a ATAT or the smaller one in starwars, i wonder how long it took to build AT TE?

That is real, and very authentic. If you play Battlefront 2 you'll see that the AT-TEs actually move that slow. :thumbup:

I feel scared looking at that thing move! The movement is realistic and I like the pace of it. I must know how this is done, even though i'm a CIS builder. I may have to get an AT-TE because of this, thanks!

I better MOD my MTT's now! Maybe even the AAT :wacko:

I was just searching the web for "walking AT-TE" and came across this thread. Very elegant and cool!

I run engineering workshops in Silicon Valley, and we're currently half-way through making our own mechanized AT-TE based on the LEGO set, and should have it walking before Christmas. We are motorizing each joint individually, and using software control to create smooth motions.

If anyone's interested, we're posting photos and video daily to our Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Campbell-CA/...31093066?ref=ts

Our webpage is here:

http://myprojectssv.com/myProjects/Workshops.php

Michael

post-8486-1260118232.jpg

Wow.

That looks awesome.

By all means keep up posted on your progress.