I have just been playing around with the 'Dozer and I noticed that the rear "fork" implement shakes slightly when you begin to lower it from its upper position, is this normal?

It doesn't appear to be stuck on anything, or have anything catching, but it just shakes and vibrates a bit when you start to lower it, and when you raise it back up it shakes just before it reaches back to its upper position.

Does yours do this?

cheers :)

I have just been playing around with the 'Dozer and I noticed that the rear "fork" implement shakes slightly when you begin to lower it from its upper position, is this normal?

It doesn't appear to be stuck on anything, or have anything catching, but it just shakes and vibrates a bit when you start to lower it, and when you raise it back up it shakes just before it reaches back to its upper position.

Does yours do this?

cheers :)

Hmmm, mine does not shake..., check this video I have selected for you just to be sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbdorktmUQo...feature=related

Hope it is visible!

That implement is called a "ripper". Yes, this is normal. Remember that a worm gear moves in a transverse direction across its mating gear. In this case, when the driving worm gear starts spinning, the sideways friction combined with the inertia of starting the gear train in motion causes this sideways oscillation. Since the whole assembly is cantilevered off the back of the chassis and is not very stiff, this motion is quite noticeable.

No problem. On the other hand, with any Technic model it is always a good idea to make sure that none of the axles have too much friction and can spin freely. Bushings should not be squeezed tight across liftarms, for example.

Could someone provide dimensions of the A model in plan view? I'm trying to figure out if it fits into one of my glass cases at home (not that it would stop me from purchasing it :tongue: )

Could someone provide dimensions of the A model in plan view? I'm trying to figure out if it fits into one of my glass cases at home (not that it would stop me from purchasing it :tongue: )

something around 25x50x20cm

I actually found this one in a shop today, just had to buy it. Too bad they hadn't put down the price :P Oh well, I had to have it and it's a blast to build. Loving the good, old studs.

hi,

i hope this is the right topic..

i have rebuilt the 8275 in studless mode and used the digger motor for a compressor/autovalve.. hope you like it !

I've been wanting such dozer for a while now ... got it yesterday, and spent the whole evening assembling it. Waow, what a beauty such machine is? It is a very good mix of studded/not technic, and in contrast with the recent lego sets (ie 42000), the construction is rather solid/dense/full ... Not full of empty 'air'.

I am glad I got this at last, ... the complexity/style is somewhere in between the 8043 excavator and 8480 shuttle.

If you do not have it, go get yours as prices are not coming down. (at least based on my monitoring on eBay for the past 4-5 months)

Yeah, 8275 is a must get for me too, but it is very pricey and hard to get. Congrats for getting yours tho. May you be so kind to post a photo of it beside 8043 for comparison ? Thanks in advance !

Glad to hear you got what you wanted and love it. Some of the older construction sets are some of the best ever from what i'm hearing here and seen for myself. Sadly I don't own any of them.

H

I've got the 8275 for a reasonable price and I like it very much. Until now I didn't have to disassemble it to get parts for another projects, but it will arrive the day that I need parts of it to build Hans' Snowgroomer....

Greetings

Alex

Don't buy it secondhanded, instead assemble it through Bricklink. That's what I did. It's a cool set, but IMO not worth paying a very high premium for. Only problem is that the pneumatic brackets might be expensive (they weren't yet when I bought them).

Edited by jantjeuh

Bought a 2nd hand in germany 2 yrs ago for 130euro, guess is a good price...

I just payed 200 euro for 8043 (although almost perfect condition with box, instructions, spare parts), so 130 for 8275 sounds like a sweet deal. Bricklinking might save some money but adds a bit of extra work. And I'm kind of lazy. Also, it's easier to sell later if it's complete with box etc. Downside is a storage room full of lego boxes. :)

Got mine for 170 euros + shipping (which was reasonable, especially to US). It was complete, very clean (I think it was built/displayed once), with instructions and spare parts, but no box.

Yeah, 8275 is a must get for me too, but it is very pricey and hard to get. Congrats for getting yours tho. May you be so kind to post a photo of it beside 8043 for comparison ? Thanks in advance !

Thank you. Here are the pics, I added other 'iconic' sets as well.

8043-8275

Edited by DrJB

I got my first one for 150€,2 hand perfect condition.

With box and instructions and i thougt IT was a sweat deal until a couple months ago i bought a second one ,also perfect condition box and instructions for 55€!!.

And i also agree its a must have set.

its the only original set i have on display.

I got my first one for 150€,2 hand perfect condition.

With box and instructions and i thougt IT was a sweat deal until a couple months ago i bought a second one ,also perfect condition box and instructions for 55€!!.

And i also agree its a must have set.

its the only original set i have on display.

Where did you get it for 55 euro?! An auction?

What do you all consider being a "reasonable" price for 8275?

I've got it for 150€. In perfect condition, with instructions.

Greetings

Alex

Hope you get as much enjoyment from yours as I have mine.

I love my 8275, it's awesome. It was a difficult build but SO worth it! It's a beautifully designed set.

IMAGE_24AD40C1-DA11-4CA2-A979-875DAFB42314.JPG