Sign in to follow this  
Rocketbilly

TIE Fighters

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi everyone.

I would like to make a small quantity of basic TIE fighters out of common and readily available parts, hopefully using the cockpit from the recent Vader's TIE set as a starting point.

Can anyone reccomend a nice, simple TIE design to use? I'm hoping to make something similar to the original TIE ship TLC released back in the late Nineties, but I don't want to use their design as I feel it's a little too fragile for my purposes.

Thanks in advance, regards

Will/Rocketbilly

Do you want them the same size as an actual set or are you looking for a custom smaller one?

You can get the instructions for any of the models from the LEGO website.

Do you want them the same size as an actual set or are you looking for a custom smaller one?

You can get the instructions for any of the models from the LEGO website.

Sorry, I should have clarified - yes, I want them to be the same size as an actual set.

Is there any particular official set you suggest I look at?

Thanks, Will/Rocketbilly

Download the instructions for set 7146 from the Lego website - that'll help you build a basic TIE fighter.

The link below will take you to the correct page :

Lego 7146

Dr. D.

Download the instructions for set 7146 from the Lego website - that'll help you build a basic TIE fighter.

Lego 7146

Dr. D.

Superb!

Thanks, Dr. D, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll take the basic structure and reinforce it with some more pieces.

A blank TIE canvas :thumbup:

Regards,

Will/Rocketbilly

Wow, thata nice little craft, Palin Jax! :thumbup:

And what an impressive fleet you have.

I only have Vader's TIE and I just finished work on one of my own design too.

Thanks for the inspiration :classic:

Will/Rocketbilly

If you're looking for something a little bigger, I can recommend Anio's fantastic UCS TIE MOC - it even comes with instructions, and I can vouch for their accuracy because I built my own copy !

Anio's UCS TIE MOC

Cheers,

Dr. D.

If you're looking for something a little bigger, I can recommend Anio's fantastic UCS TIE MOC - it even comes with instructions, and I can vouch for their accuracy because I built my own copy !

Anio's UCS TIE MOC

Cheers,

Dr. D.

Wow. That thing's beautiful. And imagine it would take up a good chunk of my collection too :tongue:

I've often admired these UCS sets and MOCs, and the detail on those wing panels is lovely.

Thanks, Dr. D!

Will/Rocketbilly

Lego 7146

Dr. D.

Good work Dr., that's what I was going to suggest, once I found out what he wanted :thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind help everyone, if it wasn't for all of your suggestions I'd still be scouring MOCpages and Flickr tryig to decide on a suitable design.

I'll add my own twist to one of them, and hopefully make my first MOC post here.

Thanks again everyone :thumbup:

Will/Rocketbilly

Thanks for all the kind help everyone, if it wasn't for all of your suggestions I'd still be scouring MOCpages and Flickr tryig to decide on a suitable design.

I'll add my own twist to one of them, and hopefully make my first MOC post here.

Thanks again everyone :thumbup:

Will/Rocketbilly

Looking forward to see that! Good luck.

I have tried to make a TIE myself, a few times actually. I couldn't finish any of them because of a lack of pieces...

Looking forward to see that! Good luck.

I have tried to make a TIE myself, a few times actually. I couldn't finish any of them because of a lack of pieces...

Yeah. I don't have any specialty TIE parts apart from the ones onmy Vader's TIE, and I don't want to salvage it.

So I'm using an old bubble cockpit thing, but with the elongated look of the craft, I think it works okay, and besides, in my "story", my own expanded universe, if you will, it's my main character's ship, which he stole from the EMpire and had modified by Gungans. Random, but there you go.

I'l post it soon, just waiting on a few transparent blue or red pieces, then I'll be done.

Will/Rocketbilly