Knock knock... May I come in?

00.jpg

It's my first Technic and/or Model Team model shown here.

I proudly present my model of Liebherr L 580 wheel loader

The real machnie:

580.jpg

Why I took this loader? Some time ago I was browsing the net and I found this picture:

steering.png

And I thought that it will be great to have a tipper truck (my Iveco Eurotrakker, which wasn't shown here) and a Liebherr wheel loader (colour scheme of Liebherr loaders is just beautiful)

General view:

01.jpg_thumb.jpg 08.jpg_thumb.jpg 09.jpg_thumb.jpg 10.jpg_thumb.jpg

Front/back:

11.jpg_thumb.jpg 12.jpg_thumb.jpg

Up and down...

05.jpg_thumb.jpg 06.jpg_thumb.jpg 07.jpg_thumb.jpg 13.jpg_thumb.jpg 14.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some details:

15.jpg_thumb.jpg 16.jpg_thumb.jpg 17.jpg_thumb.jpg

Fully detailed cab interior:

22.jpg_thumb.jpg 23.jpg_thumb.jpg

And here you can see how the interior of real machine looks:

interior.jpg

Pictures of all mechanisms builded inside, with proper connections to the loader chassis (except the XL motor which is used for raising the arm)

l580_full1.png_thumb.jpg l580_full2.png_thumb.jpg l580_full3.png_thumb.jpg l580_full4.png_thumb.jpg

This loader is driven by PF XL motor, with 3:1 reduction.

l580_drive1.png_thumb.jpg l580_drive2.png_thumb.jpg

The steering is achieved by a 8 studs long gear rack placed on the right side of the loader, and it's driven by a PF Medium motor through a worm gear.

l580_steering1.png_thumb.jpg l580_steering2.png_thumb.jpg

The arm is raised and lowered by a XL motor:

l580_arm1.png_thumb.jpg l580_arm2.png_thumb.jpg

PF M Motor placed in front half of the loader is used for tilting the bucket:

l580_bucket1.png_thumb.jpg l580_bucket2.png_thumb.jpg

All these motors and lights are powered from rechargeable battery:

21.jpg_thumb.jpg

Iveco Eurotrakker and Liebherr L 580 (yes, I've built this loader mainly for taking these pictures...)

18.jpg_thumb.jpg 19.jpg_thumb.jpg 20.jpg_thumb.jpg

And a movie showing how it works :classic:

Brickshelf

Flickr

MOCPages

Edited by Blakbird

I happened to see this model on Brickshelf yesterday and couldn't be more happy that you are posting it. It is absolutely gorgeous and in my opinion represents one of the very best examples of combining Model Team and Technic. I especially like the fact that you can see the differential casing and that you use central yellow wheels to represent the original. The way the cabin is reproduced is just perfect. All the details are there and it is certainly recognizable as a scale model of the L 580. Thanks so much for sharing.

I would love to build a copy of this for myself and include it in my MOC collection with a few of my other favorites.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403473

I saw this beauty this morning, too. And I was blown away with its look. And after I saw video. Wow. It looks so good, and its colors are great, too. I like the curved lines the best: the cab, the arm, the hood!

Great piece of engineering!

Great Model,

Nice Pictures,

Awesome video!

Welcome on Eurobricks.

I hope that you will share some of your amazing stuff in the near future!

Much kudos!

A couple of comments/questions:

• I love the way you hid and integrated the PF I/R receivers.
  • Why did you use an XL motor to raise the bucket? Did you really need this much power or was it simply because you had that motor available?
  • The yellow hubs seen in the tires don't seem to be the real wheels supporting the loader. What wheels are hidden behind them? How did you accomplish this?
  • The side window appears to be curved. Did you use a sticker for this?
  • Your photographs are really good. Was your background really this white or you did accomplish this in post processing?

This is a great model. The functionality is similar to 8265, but the appearance really sets it apart. I especially like the look of the cab and the windows around it.

I would be interested to learn what you did with the wheel hubs too, and how sturdy they are in practice.

I would love to build a copy of this for myself and include it in my MOC collection with a few of my other favorites.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403473

It will require instructions, right? I don't know how to make them :laugh:

Making step by step instructions needs huge amount of time, and I don't have it.

But I will try to take some pictures when it will be taken apart :classic:

A couple of comments/questions:

• I love the way you hid and integrated the PF I/R receivers.
  • Why did you use an XL motor to raise the bucket? Did you really need this much power or was it simply because you had that motor available?
  • The yellow hubs seen in the tires don't seem to be the real wheels supporting the loader. What wheels are hidden behind them? How did you accomplish this?
  • The side window appears to be curved. Did you use a sticker for this?
  • Your photographs are really good. Was your background really this white or you did accomplish this in post processing?

- I'm glad that you like it.

- I used XL motor because M motor was too weak. And XL doesn't need gearing down :wink:

- Because they doesn't support it. They are normal wheels from 8297, but with black center, and those yellow hubs are just attached on the same axle :classic:

- Yes, but only on the left side. It was the only way to have openable door and a curved window.

- It's a effect of post processing. I take my pictures in the sunlight, on white piece of paper. Before editing they usually look like this one:

dsc07152.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is an amazing work of art. :oh:

Congratulations.

Regrads

PS:

... when it will be taken apart

This should be punished by law. :tongue:

Edited by Mortymore

Taking it apart would be shamefull, but with all pictures, video's and all other stuff, others can rebuild it.

That's is what LEGO is all about.

"I put together"

and

"I take apart!"

At the very first glance I thought it's "just" a redesigned 8265 which alone would be impressive, because it looks really really nice. The details are spot on and I don't think it could be done much better.

But seeing all the functionality behind the looks just makes it so much better. Incredible what functions you implemented and hided in this model.

This definitely is one of my favourite MOCs.

Big thumbs up for that!

Edited by Musikfreak

Wow! Nicely done I must say!

I especially like the 'bulky' rear, that is so close to it's 1:1 scale brother... The details are so good, even in a different colorscheme it would still be recognizable as a Liebherr. :classic:

AMAZING M_longer :wub: thats huge!

It's excactly the same scale for the minifigure as the real ones are to us :thumbup:

The Iveco Eurotrakker is Amazing aswell!

I love how the whole Liebherr L 580 is powered and can move, thats a great feature!

Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future :thumbup::sweet:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Saw this thing on Brickshelf and it really makes the official 8265 set look like a mediocre play model. Your model is really a work of art; ideal combination of good functionality and a great model. Like on real models, you don't actually see the internal workings, but they're still there doing their jobs. Just like the real thing. Superb MOC!

Heavenly God! I felt down from my chair, when I saw next marvellous MOC made by LUGPol member. Thumbs up, my northern neighbor :thumbup:

WOW! Your Liebherr is great. I think your way to steering in articulated vehicles is very realistic but if there are two racks at the other sides it could be more. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/M-longer...rr-L-580/11.jpg this is my favorite photo-it looks like real. And pictures with Iveco-it's amazing to have two brilliant MOCs at the same time.

PS: Why don't your post it on KMFL? My English is not very good so i would prefer to say it in Polsh :classic:

Sorry to revive this very old topic, but there is some new news. At long last (and after much pleading from me) M-longer has created an LDD of this wonderful MOC. I then took that LDD, replaced all the missing parts, added all the synthesized parts, and completed an LDraw file. When I finished, I made some renders as you can see here.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Personally, I would really like to build this model. The problem is that files converted from LDD have no building steps or submodels, so reproducing them can be very difficult. Usually I do this kind of work myself, but at the moment I find that I have far too many competing projects. So I am looking for a volunteer who is good with MLCAD who would be willing to take the file and add some sensible building steps and submodels. At that point, I'll post the file publicly so anyone can build this model. Any volunteers?