The Penguin

The Penguin's Batman Minifigures. )

Well, I suppose I've made most of my favourite. ) Now, i guess, I should switch to the good guys. ) :classic::thumbup:

Thanks a lot! ) I do recommend you to read some of the graphic novels, like Arkham Asylum: Serious place on a serious Earth. It's worth it. )

Now, ladies and gentlemen, why did you consider my Harley to be from Batman: Arkham Asylum game? ) :classic: I never stated that, plus, I didn't like her there. ) :classic:

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate it very much. ) :thumbup:

Well, I tried my best. ) The next part will hopefully come shortly. ) :classic:

Thank you! ) :classic:

I did not make AA Harley! :tongue: AA one is completely different! This is my owm imagination! (Sick fantasies :tongue: )

Well, a great idea! ) Thanks for that! I mean I may try making BTAS and TNBA ones..... Hm, I think I already know the way how to do it! ) :sweet:

Thank you for your comments and suggestions! ) :classic::thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Oh! Sorry, but you must admit, it does kinda look like AA Harley. And I still think Leia got a job as a clown. :tongue:

:blush: Oops, sorry, the bodies colours just looked kinda simular. Forgive me, good (and ever so slightly, perverted) imagenation!

Yep, a bit similar indeed. ) :classic::thumbup: Though there she had red-blue outfit. ) No, please don't be sorry, that's perfectly ok. ) I value your opinion greatly! ) :sweet:

Oh! Sorry, but you must admit, it does kinda look like AA Harley. And I still think Leia got a job as a clown. :tongue:

Yes, perhaps, a little bit. ) :laugh: Well clown Leia would be perfect sidekick for the Joker, taking into account her stunnig strangling skills! ) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank you for your comments and good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Ladies and gentlemen! ) A new portion of minifigs is here! ) :sweet::thumbup:

Not only villains this time. ) :classic: Hm, however, it depends on your point of view..... :hmpf_bad:

Killer Croc in chains. Not much of modding here, but I think he looks really good that way. ) :classic:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yum-yum! ) :classic:

3.jpg

Now, my favourite of the bunch! Arkham warden Quincy Sharp from Batman: Arkham Asylum game! ) Is he a "good guy" or the villain? ) :classic:

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Frank Boles, a guard in Arkham Asylum. Sold himself to the Joker and then was brutally killed by him. One of the most disgusting Batman; Arkham Asylum characters. :hmpf_bad:

Frank Boles in a trailer. )

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Now to change a perssimistic view to a worse one, here's Veronica Vreeland. :classic: The Penguin's ex-girlfriend, and bears a striking resemblance to my ex-girlfried! :oh: and the story was pretty much the same, with the difference that I did't tie mune in the Opera! ) :laugh:

veronicavreeland.jpg

hholyday01.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I couldn't have missed the opportunity to make to make another 60-s character! ) Olga, the Queen of Cossacks! ) :laugh: I just love how they used to portray Russians in Batman of the 60-s. ) :laugh:

I do recommend you to watch this. )

2471973326_fd7148cf41.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I hope you liked that part! ) :sweet::thumbup:

16.jpg

Thank you for your attention! ) :thumbup:

Any comments, ladies and gentlemen? ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

Great! I like chained Croc the most, but I think there should be a difference in size between the chains. The guard's good too, but I think you should get a new flesh paint. :classic:

You do a fantastic job! I like all of them but I prefer the 2 faces; it's good to see old "vilain". How you do this job? What kind of paint you used? Acrilic or gouache? I supose the second if you want to wash them after.... Good job!

Good job! I really liked Croc, why don't you try making Croc from AA? All you have to do is paint an open jacket on the Croc torso, and then paint the legs. (feet)

I feel almost ashamed I notice this thread after 10 days. :tongue:

I can see you have quite some experience with customization Penguin! Awesome! :thumbup:

Also the brick modyfying turns out nicely, and I really like face decals. They always turn out like cr*p here. :tongue:

Nice job!

Great! I like chained Croc the most, but I think there should be a difference in size between the chains. The guard's good too, but I think you should get a new flesh paint. :classic:

Thank you! )

Well, I've though of that. But longer chain looks ridiculous, as wel;l as the shorter one. however I may try it someday. ) :classic: hm, the odd thing is, that in real life it's not visible at all, while it can sometimes be seen on thbe photos.... ) :classic:

You do a fantastic job! I like all of them but I prefer the 2 faces; it's good to see old "vilain". How you do this job? What kind of paint you used? Acrilic or gouache? I supose the second if you want to wash them after.... Good job!

Thank you. ) :classic: I'm not sure, I got what you mean. ) No-no, I use arill, it's far better for lEGO's plastic. ) :classic:

Good job! I really liked Croc, why don't you try making Croc from AA? All you have to do is paint an open jacket on the Croc torso, and then paint the legs. (feet)

Thanks a lot, Zapper Brick! ) :sweet:

Croc fromm AA? ) Sounds interesting..... But the hardest thing will be tomake him twice the size of the normal minifig! ) :classic:

Great work penguin!

Thank you, ???theriddler???! ) :classic: I always appreciate your opinion! ) :classic:

I feel almost ashamed I notice this thread after 10 days. :tongue:

I can see you have quite some experience with customization Penguin! Awesome! :thumbup:

Also the brick modyfying turns out nicely, and I really like face decals. They always turn out like cr*p here. :tongue:

Nice job!

Don't be. ) :classic:

Thank you, Captain Blackmoor! ) :sweet:

Well, the point is that I do not use (normally) decals at all. I rely on my painting skills only. ) :classic:

Thank you for your comments and good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

From some minifigs I can see they are painted, but if you use almost no decals... you are very good at painting!

At least better then me, not that I've ever tried it or if I have the right materials... :hmpf_bad: I think you've done a nice job. Any new upcoming minifigs? :sweet:

Wow! You are definitely the owner of the best Batman fig collection I've seen ThePenguin, you've definitely gone up a few notches in minifig customising, I'd buy some of these if given the chance! :oh:

Lets get started then:

Two-Face's fedora is fantastic, it really works. I see you've done the same thing I have too in giving him white and black gloves.

Your Dracula is ridiculously good, I really love that movie. I guess this is when he is in vampire form. Great choice of cape and torso, will you do his human form?

I love you Zsasz, espeically his tally over his mouth which looks neat. Excellent choice of torso too, even if he is normally shirtless. I concur though, I really don't like the character.

Your Talia is great, excellent choice of hair for her, though I honestly don't like the first version's torso, the second is much better I feel.

I love your Scarecrow! :wub: I didn't like the syringe look in the game since Scarecrow uses gas, but you've really made it work! Did you make that piece yourself?

Babydoll, I honestly can't say I like this one much, except for the face. I can't think of a better torso to use though.

Wonderful job on Penguin's top hat, I really did love the classic 60's looks, and you've got it down pat!

I really like your Firefly, much different to mine, but in a good way. Good use of the jetpack piece.

As I've stated before, your Black Mask is spectacular, even if he is a terrible character that only The Batman made interesting. Excellent suit choice.

As for red-haired Riddler, I do like him, but I think the Anakin red hair works better, since it doesn't stand out so much.

Your Mad Hatter is brilliant, excellent work there :wub:

Clock King is another perfection, especially his clock glasses! I think one of those rounded yellow technic axels could work as one of his gold watches too.

Ventriloquist and Scarface are simple perfection! :cry_happy: Arnold Wesker is my favourite of the two, you've captured his face perfectly.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are great, I love their boyish 60's look. I really like that you're creating figs from all eras of Batman.

I don't like the Great White Shark that much, as I own the comic and he really isn't that white and his missing nose doesn't translate well (or at all) to Lego.

Lockup is perfect, even better than the blue BTAS version, brilliant choice of face there.

Humpty Dumpty! He's also in Living Hell, one of my favourite obscure characters! Great job!

Two-Face's classic look is great, especially the green half of his face, though even more I'd have loved to see the even more classic purple/orange suit.

Poison Ivy's new hair is far better than the original, I love it! Now I'm sad I didn't get the set with it :cry_sad:

As for Harley's new look, you've done a superb job on it, but I cannot comment much since I hated her look in the game.

Your Clayface is fantastic though, I love the way you've styled him, great useo f the Rock Monster face.

And finally, your Egghead is brilliant, though the picture is too bright. His face is the best part.

Absolutely stunning round ThePenguin, if you ever start selling some designs, I'll definitely be your first customer! :thumbup:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I always giggle when I see these because they are so darn cool! Awesome job creating a handful of the lesser known bat-villains. Great job, Penguin!

From some minifigs I can see they are painted, but if you use almost no decals... you are very good at painting!

At least better then me, not that I've ever tried it or if I have the right materials... :hmpf_bad: I think you've done a nice job. Any new upcoming minifigs? :sweet:

Thank you, Captain Blackmoor! ) :classic::thumbup:

Well, I should say, that no decals were used in any of my custom minifigures. I rely only on my painting skills. ) :classic:

Yep, pretty soon. ) :wink:

Wow! You are definitely the owner of the best Batman fig collection I've seen ThePenguin, you've definitely gone up a few notches in minifig customising, I'd buy some of these if given the chance! :oh:

Thank you, Batbrick! ) :classic::thumbup: Well, perhaps I should indeed start my own business in this field since it's not the first time, EB members tell me about it! ) :laugh:

Lets get started then:

Two-Face's fedora is fantastic, it really works. I see you've done the same thing I have too in giving him white and black gloves.

Your Dracula is ridiculously good, I really love that movie. I guess this is when he is in vampire form. Great choice of cape and torso, will you do his human form?

I love you Zsasz, espeically his tally over his mouth which looks neat. Excellent choice of torso too, even if he is normally shirtless. I concur though, I really don't like the character.

Thank you. ) I thing a mob boss, such as Two-Face does need one. ) geat minds go together! ) :classic::thumbup:

Yep, it's his vampiric form. Thank you. ) Hm, interesting. I might try that...... Thank you for a tip! ) :thumbup:

Neither do I. ) Though, he's one of the most populr characters now, so i couldn't have missed the opportunity to make him. ) :classic:

Your Talia is great, excellent choice of hair for her, though I honestly don't like the first version's torso, the second is much better I feel.

I love your Scarecrow! :wub: I didn't like the syringe look in the game since Scarecrow uses gas, but you've really made it work! Did you make that piece yourself?

Babydoll, I honestly can't say I like this one much, except for the face. I can't think of a better torso to use though.

Yep, I also like Talia. ) She turned out really nice. ) Thank you. ) :classic:

Well, his AA look is indeed quite unusual, but again, I' couldn't have missed the chance to make one. ) Yes, everything I show here is 100% my work. ) :classic: Thank you very much. ) :classic:

Yes, she was a hard one. I hope TLC'll give us some pretty nice torso soon tha will inspire me. ) :classic:

Wonderful job on Penguin's top hat, I really did love the classic 60's looks, and you've got it down pat!

I really like your Firefly, much different to mine, but in a good way. Good use of the jetpack piece.

As I've stated before, your Black Mask is spectacular, even if he is a terrible character that only The Batman made interesting. Excellent suit choice.

Thank you! ) I'm really in for 60-s characters now! ) :laugh: And I've done what should've been done by TLC, gave him a sigarette-holder! ) :grin:

Thank you very much. ) Could you, please, remind me of yours? ) :classic:

Thank you. ) Indeed, I hate that character too, but again, he's among the main in Batman universe, so.... ) :classic:

As for red-haired Riddler, I do like him, but I think the Anakin red hair works better, since it doesn't stand out so much.

Your Mad Hatter is brilliant, excellent work there :wub:

Clock King is another perfection, especially his clock glasses! I think one of those rounded yellow technic axels could work as one of his gold watches too.

Interesting, Idea, I must say. ) I'll try it. ) :classic:

Oh, I just love that figure myself! ) :wub::blush:

Thank you. ) Again I'll take your advice into account! ) :classic:

Ventriloquist and Scarface are simple perfection! :cry_happy: Arnold Wesker is my favourite of the two, you've captured his face perfectly.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are great, I love their boyish 60's look. I really like that you're creating figs from all eras of Batman.

I don't like the Great White Shark that much, as I own the comic and he really isn't that white and his missing nose doesn't translate well (or at all) to Lego.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. ) I think such character was worth making a LEGO model for him. ) :classic:

Yes, though I never liked the couple, but I thought that it would be quite challenging to make thaem! ) :classic:

Yep, I kind of agree here. I'm not very exited by him either. Well, I tried making him, based on AA image though. )

Lockup is perfect, even better than the blue BTAS version, brilliant choice of face there.

Humpty Dumpty! He's also in Living Hell, one of my favourite obscure characters! Great job!

Two-Face's classic look is great, especially the green half of his face, though even more I'd have loved to see the even more classic purple/orange suit.

Thank you very much! Though in fact he's dark blue, but it's not visible clearly on the pic. ) :classic:

Yes, he's quite unusual, isn't he? ) :sceptic:

Purple-orange? Hm..... ) Could you privide a picture for him, please? )

Poison Ivy's new hair is far better than the original, I love it! Now I'm sad I didn't get the set with it :cry_sad:

As for Harley's new look, you've done a superb job on it, but I cannot comment much since I hated her look in the game.

Your Clayface is fantastic though, I love the way you've styled him, great useo f the Rock Monster face.

Yes, I just love thatnew hairpiece! ) Very useful in all LEGO themes. )

Thank you. ) Though, originally she's not based on AA, but perhaps indeed it influenced me a lot. ) :classic:

At least someone likes him! ) :laugh::thumbup:

And finally, your Egghead is brilliant, though the picture is too bright. His face is the best part.

Absolutely stunning round ThePenguin, if you ever start selling some designs, I'll definitely be your first customer! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! ) I really like him too. ) Eggcellent! ) :laugh:

Oh, you're too kind, friend. ) I'm honored and pleased that you liked them! You know, how I always value your opinion! ) :classic::thumbup:

What do you think of other characters, posted? Say, Quincy Sharp, or Olga? ) :laugh:

I always giggle when I see these because they are so darn cool! Awesome job creating a handful of the lesser known bat-villains. Great job, Penguin!

Thank you very much, Jebediahs! ) :classic:

I'm pleased that you like them. ) *Ps-s-st, Castle characters are on their way to this morum. Some orcs among them too!* :laugh:

Great work Penguin! You have been a busy busy bee, I mean bird. I love the fact that you're lavishing attention on both classic 60s Batman, and my personal favourite, the animated series (although Batman: the Brave and the Bold is surprisingly decent). I love Harlequin's new outfit, very saucy, and the Ventriloquist is a hoot. My only reservation is Clayface, but he has to be one of the hardest characters to represent in Lego form, especially at that scale. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great work Penguin! You have been a busy busy bee, I mean bird. I love the fact that you're lavishing attention on both classic 60s Batman, and my personal favourite, the animated series (although Batman: the Brave and the Bold is surprisingly decent). I love Harlequin's new outfit, very saucy, and the Ventriloquist is a hoot. My only reservation is Clayface, but he has to be one of the hardest characters to represent in Lego form, especially at that scale. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you, milady! ) I'm honored and pleased that you liked them. ) :sweet:

A busy bird, indeed! ) :grin:

Well, I'm glad that there're still Bat-fans around, we should stay united, comrades! ) :classic::thumbup:

Edited by The Penguin

"Holy time machine, Batman! 60-s villains attack!" :laugh:

Ladies and gentlemen! ) I'm proud to present you my new Batman minifigures wave, inspired by the great Batman series of 1960-s. ) I've receivem a lot of positive feedback, and I thank you for it. ) :classic: But some ask me to provide more information on the characters I make. So, he's a link to the video I strongly suggest you should see:

You can alsoo see some of the characters I've already made and those I'll prtesent today. :classic:

I hope you'll like them. ) :classic:

First comes, The Bookworm, one of the wackiest characters in Batman universe! ) :classic:

bookworm.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Then comes King Tut! ) Oh, how i love that character! ) :laugh: (I do recommend you to watch the video!)

KingTut_Original250.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Classic Catwoman here! Someone, just should've made that purple dress for her! ) :classic::thumbup:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Now, here comes one of my most favourite charactes of the bunch! Lord Ffogg (Phogg)! ) :laugh:

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

And now the best one here! The Black Widow. That's that rare occasion when I just love my minifig! ) :wub: Note her purse also, please. ) :blush:

blackwidow.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

I hope you liked that part, ladies and gentlement! ) :sweet:

17.jpg

Thank you for your attention! Comments are always very welcome. ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

Wonderful work! :thumbup:

Although they were all unknown to me, except Catwoman of course, they all look perfect compared to the references you provided. The painting is extraordinary! Some good uses for the lever parts there.

You've called him Bookwork, by the way. :grin:

Very well done! :sweet:

Wonderful work! :thumbup:

Although they were all unknown to me, except Catwoman of course, they all look perfect compared to the references you provided. The painting is extraordinary! Some good uses for the lever parts there.

You've called him Bookwork, by the way. :grin:

Thank you, ADHO15! ) :classic:

I'm glad you liked those. )

I must confess that some of those were relatively new even for me. ) :classic:

Ye, and I've corrected the name, thanks! ) :laugh:

Thank you again. ) :classic:

I REALLY like Lord Ffog. :laugh: Black Widow's purse is good too. And sorry, but I had to steal that "face on the apple" trick from Poison Ivy! I painted the apple brown, then put a skull face on it and used it as a bag of fear gas for Scarecrow. :skull:

Edited by YG-49

Great job! Except of course, that wasn't Catwoman's 60s look. Ffogg was hilarious, Black Widow was good (can't say much for the character though).

I love your 60's and catwoman figs, awesome work! Can't wait for the next one.

Here is Harvey Bullock original disign for the game, unused:

SDC16719DesktopResolutie.jpg

Sorry for the blurryness, i did it 10 times over but this was the best pic.

Edited by ???theriddler???

I REALLY like Lord Ffog. :laugh: Black Widow's purse is good too. And sorry, but I had to steal that "face on the apple" trick from Poison Ivy! I painted the apple brown, then put a skull face on it and used it as a bag of fear gas for Scarecrow. :skull:

Thank you! ) He's nice-looking, indeeed, isn't he? ) :classic:

Why you little!!!! :angry:

homer%20bart.jpg

:laugh: Just joking! Of course, you're free to use my ideas and I'm glad that I was of some help. ) And thank's for giving me credit. Some, unfortunately, don't. ) :hmpf_bad:

Great job! Except of course, that wasn't Catwoman's 60s look. Ffogg was hilarious, Black Widow was good (can't say much for the character though).

Well, yes you are right here. It's not her 60-s look. But you never know, 60-s Catwoman may be lurking somewhere around..... ) :classic:

Well, I strongly recommend you to watch the videos with Black Widow I gave the links to. ) Tallulah Bankhead did a great job, playing her. One of the best bat-villains she is. ) :wub:

I love your 60's and catoman figs, awesome work! Can't wait for the next one.

Here is Harvey Bullock original disign for the game, unused:

Sorry for the blurryness, i did it 10 times over but this was the best pic.

Thank you! ) :classic: You're too kind as usual! ) :sweet::thumbup:

Cat-o-man? ) :laugh::tongue:

And my special thanks for Bullock. I can't see the face clearly, but I got the idea! ) I'll start making him soon, I guess. ) :classic:

The next wave is close, really close. ) :classic:

Thank you and good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

It's been a long night for me, ladies and gentlemen! ) But I've managed to make some of my most favourite Batman 60-s characters! Yay! ) :laugh:

As always, I remind you of the mostly useful

, that will show you the villains, I'm making. ) I highly recommend it. :classic::thumbup:

Let's start then:

Marsha, Queen of Diamonds here! ) Diamonds are a girls best friends, indeed! ) :laugh:

(I couldn't find her proper picture, so here's a video:

. :classic: )

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Now comes one of the most beautiful women, I've ever seen! :wub: Lee Meriwether as Catwoman! ) :cry_happy:

lee4.jpg

leemeriwether_catwoman.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

"Pur-r-r-r-rfect!" :wub:

6.jpg

Now one of the best figures of all my 60-s villains, The Clock King! ) :classic:

clock-king.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And here's one of the funniest characters in the 60-s: Colonel Gumm, the Mad Stampman! ) :laugh:

colonelgumm.png

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

And now, perhaps, the best of the bunch! The Puzzler! ) :wub:

I think I've managed to capture him pretty well. See for yourself: 0.04! ) :wub:

13.jpg

14.jpg

The Puzzler: Who the heck are you!?

The Riddler: Who the heck are you!? :laugh:

15.jpg

I hope you liked that part! ) :classic:

16.jpg

Thank you for your attention! ) :classic:

Any comments, ladies and gentlemen? ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

Liked it very much! Clock is indeed a very good character you made. Also i like catwoman. Are you gonna make all the 60's characters? Maby the heroes/allies?

Great job, can't wait for more!

Amazing! The Clock King is my favoutrite from this batch. He looks so accurate! :thumbup:

The others are perfect too, as always.