Sign in to follow this  
AgentRick

TTCE: German Freight Shunting

ENTERED

After weeks of waiting, I got the parts for my entry in. the sad thing was my printer broke a few days before, so no decals for me. :cry_sad: Anyway, here's my entry. I got the idea based on the 80's 12V starter sets (7735 comes to mind), but with a more modern and adult styled train with few studs visible and various techniques that are rarely used (Plate-built Boxcar doors, for example).

photo_24.jpg

The engine, based on a small German Shunter, has doors which open to reveal the engine compartments on the sides.

photo_35.jpg

The gondola had opening doors as well, and features a coal releasing gimmick comparable to the coal car from the RC Cargo Train.

photo_37.jpg

The Refrigerator Car is my favorite part of the set, as the corrugated sides and opening doors pop out, bringing a nice texture to the car.

photo_38.jpg

This tanker car contains the motor, which can lead the train to go rather fast due to its low weight. It was originally going to have a set of Esso stickers on the sides, but said to say, my printer broke.

photo_40.jpg

A picture of the whole group together, heading out from the Depot to load off on the next stop.

photo_36.jpg

This was a fun build to work on, and this contest has led to a lot of interesting entries to come about. Good luck for whoever wins the contest!

Edited by TheBrickster

photo_34.jpg

A picture of the whole group together, heading out from the Depot to load off on the next stop.

:sceptic: I think this is the wrong text for the picture, or the other way around afcourse.

Anyhow, nice MOC, good combination of a complete freight train. The Refrigerator car but also the Gondola are looking very well. The small details like the opening doors give it the finishing touch :thumbup:

Some small advice would be to make some new pictures in daylight. Your pictures are very dark and blurry, which disallows us to have a detailed look. I think the whole combination would look even better if you make some shots during daytime.

You fixed the pics, great job :thumbup:

Now we can see all the details of your MOC's

Still like the gondola most. Refridgerator car looks a bit heavy with the thick black roof.

Like what you did with the tanker and built in the motor, I didn't even notice the first time. Well done