Alywin

More new products from Shop@Home (2009 later half)

Well, we have known about these for a while, but they are really cool! :sweet:

They're on S@H, too, right?

I also hope this means we'll be getting some 4x4 bricks soon!

Well, we have known about these for a while, but they are really cool! :sweet:
D´oh, I knew it :cry_sad:! Please show me the thread and I´ll fix my mistake.

Does anyone have these? Can they be used like normal bricks or are the magnets permanently glued onto them?

I don't really understand. LEGO said that they are going to make much less chromed things (like lightsabers :cry_sad: ), but then make things like the chrome silver stormtrooper, the chrome gold minifig keychain, and these chrome gold magnet bricks. :wacko:

But anyways, these look awesome, and I'll definitely get one pack the next time I go to the LEGO Store! :sweet:

Does anyone have these? Can they be used like normal bricks or are the magnets permanently glued onto them?

I don't have any, but, my suspicion is that they will not have 'anti-studs'. Like the Fridge Magnet 2 x 4 brick. So you can build on top, but not connect underneath. I would like to be proved wrong though because then they would very usefull. They are nice to look at though.

Hm, the Pirates battlepack is 15 usd for 4 minifigs and 2 weapons. terrible for a "battle" pack. but its great for the soldier officer.

Hm, the Pirates battlepack is 15 usd for 4 minifigs and 2 weapons. terrible for a "battle" pack. but its great for the soldier officer.

I agree. For just $5 usd more, you can get 10 figures, and a useful baseplate in the Tictactoe set. I would defiantely but this over the "battlepack"

-darthperson

I don't have any, but, my suspicion is that they will not have 'anti-studs'. Like the Fridge Magnet 2 x 4 brick. So you can build on top, but not connect underneath. I would like to be proved wrong though because then they would very usefull. They are nice to look at though.

I have some fridge magnet 2x4s, they are just normal bricks with tiny magnets inside the hollow tube-type parts underneath http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=851009-1

I have some fridge magnet 2x4s, they are just normal bricks with tiny magnets inside the hollow tube-type parts underneath http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=851009-1

They sound really good. I was talking about the:

74188.jpg

I bought some to try to add weight to a MOC, it turned out they would not have added enough weight anyway. So now they are on my fridge!

would it be safe to assume that future castle/pirate lines will have battlepacks and chess(and other board games I guess) sets? If so, I might just save my money and buy only those sets for minifigs then pick a brick for bricks.

Edited by lego40k

Who knows?

Pirates are to be discontinued and will only be available within the first half of 2010 (unless stocks run out earlier)

We're not even sure there will be a 2010 Castle sets wave.

On the other hand, considering there have been 4 Castle chess sets (Vikings, KKII, Fantasy era and the giant 300 bucks FE), this could be a trend.

well I hope they continue the trend. They are cheap sources of minifigs. And unfortunately I missed out on the fantasy era chess and tic tac toe sets. =(. I hope they continue so I can get tons more in the future.