Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Noir Mafia: The Conclusion

I'll be honest and say that I never caught any of these clues, except for the ones regarding the letter (I already knew I never got a letter), and the ones on my death.

This was helpful, though, to give me an idea on what to look for when looking for clues in mafia games. :classic:

No, I told Striker that if I died, he had to kill you next since it would mean you were a traitor. :devil:

You know, I didn't really do that, but at one point he suspected that you couldn't be trusted and wanted us to use you as an infamous meat shield. :wacko:

It sounds like a pretty good idea now. :laugh:

I assumed you guys were planning something like that the whole time, so I had an oink oink piggy backup plan. :wink:

- Donna has a scared face when looking at Augustus' dead body - she is scum

- Bob the Construction Man is looking at Darth_Legois - was blocked by her that night

Evening

I laughed pretty hard when I saw myself standing next to bob almost every day, It was so obvious. :laugh::tongue:

Day 4

Morning

- The vigilante and the blocker exchange pleasentaries - they have seen each other before (Donna & Robert)

This was probable one of my favourite bits "Oh I'll just go into the next room for about as long as it takes for someone to break in and kill someone..." :laugh:

Day 1

Morning

- Donna and Shawn are late - they are both scum

Day 4

Morning

- Samel, Sal (killer), Donna (blocker), Robert (vigilante) and Shawn (converter) are not even seen at the morning meeting - all late

Evening

Shawn, Sal, Donna and Henry are main figures seen - all scum/Mob. "deaths of their friends" - Rose had only killed a member of the scum, no town members.

I can't believe everyone missed that like every morning a scum was late. :laugh:

- IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

A similar picture to the one of the mayor's death. Shawn is in the same position as the killer was

Hmmm I never noticed the similarity of the 2 pics :blush:

You know, I didn't really do that, but at one point he suspected that you couldn't be trusted and wanted us to use you as an infamous meat shield. :wacko:

I wanted to meatshield striker seeing as he was wildly voting and accusing people of toast poisoning. :laugh::wacko:

Ok, seriously dude, have you ever heard of the word "impartiality"? :hmpf: You just mentioned me 17 times in ways that I didn't have any control over, cases where you purely manipulated the scene to try to get me killed. Could it be a little more obvious that you didn't care how I played, you just wanted me dead? :laugh:

Sort of reminds me of poor Mustafa in Witch Hunt. Every day suspicion was thrown at him in the form of things he couldn't control. I've got to admit, I'm not fond of that particular method and didn't employ it my portion of Galactic Paranoia, mostly because it isn't effective (and it doesn't really seem fair). Fortunately, it didn't get me killed and I was able to manipulate it to look like other things. Heck, it didn't even get Draggy killed in WH either.

It just doesn't work, but it is fun. Sort of. :tongue:

To be fair, I only started giving out bigger clues against you when you had helped to kill JimButcher and you were trusted by the majority of the town. If the town had caught onto the clues I would've stopped, but they didn't. I also felt obliged to give the scum a bit of a handicap, because I had made them a tad too strong in the beginning (with a killer, converter, blocker and bodyguard - also the reason why I included a scum usurper). Not all of the clues were directed at you and the scum either - there were a number of red herrings throughout the game. The main ones that spring to mind were the latecomers without night actions and Quarryman being at the scene of Dragonator's death.

I personally like the idea of clues in mafia games. It stops players from always lurking and staying under the radar and forces them to defend themselves at some point. Of course, decisions should be made mainly on the behaviour of the player, but clues allow players to think on their feet and stops the game from being bogged down when players don't know what to do.

To be fair, I only started giving out bigger clues against you when you had helped to kill JimButcher and you were trusted by the majority of the town. If the town had caught onto the clues I would've stopped, but they didn't. I also felt obliged to give the scum a bit of a handicap, because I had made them a tad too strong in the beginning (with a killer, converter, blocker and bodyguard - also the reason why I included a scum usurper). Not all of the clues were directed at you and the scum either - there were a number of red herrings throughout the game. The main ones that spring to mind were the latecomers without night actions and Quarryman being at the scene of Dragonator's death.

I personally like the idea of clues in mafia games. It stops players from always lurking and staying under the radar and forces them to defend themselves at some point. Of course, decisions should be made mainly on the behaviour of the player, but clues allow players to think on their feet and stops the game from being bogged down when players don't know what to do.

Remember the days when EB mafia players didn't know the basic roles and someone claiming to be an investigator actually seemed crazy? :laugh: Oink oink oink! :tongue:

You know, in the initial avatars, Artie was meant to have a fedora as well. I held on to that bit of info just in case someone got too pushy about fedora=mob, since in reality it would have just been normal clothing for the period. At least that would have been my story.

If the town had caught onto the clues I would've stopped, but they didn't.

That's sort of my point, actually. If they don't catch on it's their problem, but feeding them more and more eventually feels like trying to help them a little too much. I like a certain amount of clues, but I really like to rely on the players and their own words. I realise it's a tough balance and I probably lean too much towards the other end. It isn't like anyone got my clues in Galactic Paranoia. :sceptic:

Oddly enough, the more obvious the clue, the more people ignore it, assuming it's a red herring. Fibercon and a chef's hat, anyone? :devil:

I personally like the idea of clues in mafia games. It stops players from always lurking and staying under the radar and forces them to defend themselves at some point.

I spent the whole game defending myself from things I didn't say or do directly, just things attributed to my character in the narration. That gets very annoying eventually. On the other hand, Striker was a raving lunatic who I needed to keep alive for his night killing ability, so it was probably best that the attention stayed on me. :wink:

Anyone like some poisoned toast? :wacko:

Remember the days when EB mafia players didn't know the basic roles and someone claiming to be an investigator actually seemed crazy? :laugh: Oink oink oink! :tongue:

Now some dork can claim to be an FBI agent with all sorts of random abilities and knowledge and nobody even blinks that much, despite obvious and direct evidence against him. :grin:

We really have come a long way. :wink:

On the other hand, Striker was a raving lunatic who I needed to keep alive for his night killing ability, so it was probably best that the attention stayed on me. :wink:

Anyone like some poisoned toast? :wacko:

Hey, at least I gave you a challenge. :tongue:

And I appreciate your use of my excuse in MOTEE. :laugh:

I just read through evereything and I have a few responses to my friends. :laugh:

No, I told Striker that if I died, he had to kill you next since it would mean you were a traitor. :devil:

I told you so! :hmpf::grin:

I assumed you guys were planning something like that the whole time, so I had an oink oink piggy backup plan. :wink:

I was planning to kill Shawn so I could reign free without his constant abuse... But I didn't, because I figured if he tried to pull a fast one, I had my machine gun, and the soul know-how of TinyPiesRUs that he would let me kill you. :tongue:

But if I had killed Shadows first, Hinck didn't have a kill action, so I would have had nothing to worry about, except that he could rat me out. And I could have handled myself perfectly fine, thank you very much. :wink:

EDIT: Okay, I admit, I also probably would've accidentally expose myself and Hinck if I had killed you, Shadows. :tongue:

Edited by Striker

I was planning to kill Shawn so I could reign free without his constant abuse... But I didn't, because I figured if he tried to pull a fast one, I had my machine gun, and the soul know-how of TinyPiesRUs that he would let me kill you. :tongue:

But if I had killed Shadows first, Hinck didn't have a kill action, so I would have had nothing to worry about, except that he could rat me out. And I could have handled myself perfectly fine, thank you very much. :wink:

Me and Hinck probable would've meat shielded you. And if you survived I would've blocked you every night until you died. :tongue:

Me and Hinck probable would've meat shielded you. And if you survived I would've blocked you every night until you died. :tongue:

I began plotting after you were dead, I knew you could block people. And I knew you would probably block Shadows from night killers.

A lot goes on behind closed doors... Especially when you're plotting the death of your boss. :laugh:

I began plotting after you were dead, I knew you could block people. And I knew you would probably block Shadows from night killers.

A lot goes on behind closed doors... Especially when you're plotting the death of your boss. :laugh:

In these games, it only matters what you plot if you can and do actually carry it out.

I could, the question was if I would. :laugh:

Wasn't too sure if I had the guts to kill him or not. :grin:

You should have killed him. :tongue: But then again, maybe it wasn't best, you would probably get exposed.

I could, the question was if I would. :laugh:

Wasn't too sure if I had the guts to kill him or not. :grin:

I think you should've. Using what your mentor has taught you to overpower them is a good way to show you understand what they've been going on about! :laugh:

Edited by Ricecracker

Sign in to follow this