Peppermint_M

Cross Safely

indexed.gif

3920998090_aa7a64d183.jpg

Photo is also a link to flickr

So I finally joined flickr, and uploaded some of my latest MOCs. This one was made just this afternoon. Enjoy, comment and such.

(and Star Wars MOCs are rare for me. So this is a BlueMoon sort of thing.)

Cookie for anyone who gets the three threads of the joke.

Very good, PeppermintM. :thumbup: It isn't often we see you round these parts.

Those little children look cute crossing the road, but I have my doubts about that Lollipop Man. I think I'd cross a bit further up the road. :tongue:

Well done.

Cute! Nice reference to The Green-Cross-Code Man too :laugh:

I'd worry about young Anakin standing close to that lil' Tusken lad so near a road though - we know how much he dislikes 'em - never know what he might do!

I guess I'm neither nerdy or British, because I only got it after seeing pedro's comment and

:wacko:

Heh, I just had to build this.

It's a little joke for my friend, plus I wanted to see how a lollipop sign decal would look. (I wasn't wasting work software on my toys, nosir.) As I have been aving issues with scaling of decals. I am rather proud of the photo too, the best MOC photo I have taken apart from a a few flukes a while back.

Heh, I just had to build this.

It's a little joke for my friend, plus I wanted to see how a lollipop sign decal would look. (I wasn't wasting work software on my toys, nosir.) As I have been aving issues with scaling of decals. I am rather proud of the photo too, the best MOC photo I have taken apart from a a few flukes a while back.

Indeed it's a great decal. Very accurate and realstic. A very good photo too. :thumbup:

I'd worry about young Anakin standing close to that lil' Tusken lad so near a road though - we know how much he dislikes 'em - never know what he might do!

I'm more worried by the fact he's standing next to the very person he'll become in several years time :tongue: !

Time paradoxes aside, great moc! P.s Is it actually little Ani and Han we can see there?

I guess work at the Death Star doesn't pay very well since Darth Vader has a second job. :grin:

Thank you for sharing a very creative, funny and original moc.

1. It is merely a Jedi Youngling not young Anakin (but ginger hair worked best with the brown torso)

2. It's a little rebel child.

Thanks for the comments guys. My friend also thought it was funny so looks like it was a mission accomplished :tongue:. It was annoyingly hard to find lots of unstickered bley in my unsorted Lego.

Nice work, Peppermint!

Cookie for anyone who gets the three threads of the joke.

I got the David Prowse reference straight away. Something about crossing to the other (Dark) side? You'll have to help me out here, been staring at it for 20 mins!

Rufus

Not my first attempt at a Star Wars MOC, just the first I bothered posting here. I don't build Star Wars often, I think I have made a total of three that I posted online... (a podracer, a vig for a competition and this one here...).

The three threads are as follows: 1. Darth Vader as a lollipopman is pretty funny in itself. 2. David Prowse was The Green Cross Code Man and Darth Vader. 3. He's helping a Jedi Youngling, A Sandraider child and a little rebel cross the road...

I don't think I will be making huge amounts of Star Wars MOCs, as it is well known I prefer other themes. However every now and then I do enjoy building some joke scenes to tease my friend, so I might post a few more in the future :thumbup:

Nice work. Lucky I'm British and nerdy and so forth understand the joke :tongue:.

I like how you've done the pavement and road section. Very smooth.

Edited by Skipper 24

I may not be from the UK, but I cans till appreciate this. That's a perfect job transition. Ruling the universe to crossing gaurd. I guess in both instances, he's in charge.

Well, when I first made it and posted it, only those who know super large amounts of trivia about star wars would really get the joke. Or of you are british and of a certain vintage (vis: My mother thought it very funny because she remembered the Green Cross Code ads from her childhood and the actor's other roles). Which people know huge amounts of trivia related to Star Wars? The nerdy!

Until I explained it/others pointed out that they "got" it, if you didn't know heaps of trivia related to Star Wars or recalled the ad campaign for road safety, then you wouldn't get the joke..

Ho hum.

Wow... I didn't even get the other half of this joke. I get the whole Green Cross Code guy thing and I get the whole "helping his little enemies," but what the heck is a lollipop man?

Shows how ignorant I am. Book me a flight to Europe, maybe I can pick up some of those Mirror promotions while I'm there! :tongue: (Don't tell me the promo is done, I was joking!)

Great MOC!

A lollipopman is a crossing guard. They stand on a common route to school for grade school age children (translated for those across the pond) to help them cross the road safely. They are known as a Lollipopman/lady because of the round sign on a stick looks like a lollipop. There are often more than one about the place, as they stand by busy main roads with schools on/along. We have two in my villiage as there are two school sites and two busy roads that most children have to walk on.

this 100% percent fitting my kindd of humor! GREAT - and extremly funny!