pedro

Jedi Mission Battle Pack

indexed.gif

Hey,

Here's my entry for the battlepack contest: Jedi Mission! I don't think there's anyone who doesn't like Jedi (Sith excepted) and seeing an army of them i.e. Battle of Geonosis, is awe inspiring! I've seen Jedi battle packs in other toy-lines and thought "wouldn't it be just sweet if LEGO made one?". Failing that, wouldn't it be just fine if I made one?!

Jedi Mission

From peacekeepers to soldiers, the Jedi are the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy. The swift Jedi Speeder is ready for action with flick-fire missiles and storage compartment. Meanwhile the Jedi Youngling practices using a Training Remote. Use the force! Create and customise your own Jedi army!

Set name: Jedi Mission

Set number: 2009

Theme: Star Wars

Release Date: 2009

Price: I made this!

Pieces: 61 (Speeder - 48, Accessories - 13)

Minifigs: 4

Resources: Brickshelf

Box Front

jedimission-boxfront.jpg

Box Back

jedimission-boxrear.jpg

Minifigs

The minifigs' parts can be switched to create many combinations of Jedi. Originally I had 3 humans, but I thought 2 would keep these Jedi more diverse. Besides that I thought it'd be cool to have a Rodian and Mon Cal Jedi! I thought it'd be interesting to create a Youngling too with a Training Remote accessory. There's a black hair piece included in the 'set' which I haven't pictured here.

jedimission-minifigs.jpg

Jedi Speeder Front

Originally started out as a DC0052 and ended up as this!

jedimission-speeder01.jpg

Jedi Speeder Back

Wing and engine detail. This came out a wee bit grainy so I'll probably retake it.

jedimission-speeder02.jpg

So there you have it! This is what one of my ideal battle packs would be. It's pretty much checklist of lots of things I think are cool! Hope you like it.

Click here or the resources link above to see several more pictures of the battle pack in my Brickshelf folder.

Good luck to everyone taking part in the contest!

Edited by pedro

Nice! Love the boxart you did for it.

And the Jedi youngling looks neat as well. ;]

-VBBN

You did a great job with the box art, figure selection and set design. Good luck in the contest and thank you for sharing.

Nice job! Especially with the lighting and photo editing. Which torso is the hooded jedi from? I don't recognize it.

great work pedro! I really like your jedis you have lots of diversity its good. I really like your training remote you added in there its good that the padawan is getting lots of practice. Your speeder is well done, its just the kinda thing that would be in a battle pack

Good luck in the contest!

Amazing. This is one cool entry for the contest. I like the concept, box art and execution. This will be a fantastic set if its real. I'll get it even if it is double the price of a standard BP.

1. WOW.

2. Another masterful creation from pedro.

3. Damn It! My dreams of entering (and hopefully winning) in this BP contest shattered the moment I saw this entry :cry_sad:

Really really great job on all aspects:

- great concept for a BP - who wouldn't want to build a jedi army?

- very professionally looking, full detailed box art - just like (or even better) than the real thing! :thumbup:

- cool choices of jedi minifigs - trully a good way to get Rodian & Mon Cal minifigs. Plus, customizable options (additional hairpiece, interchangeable torsos/legs)

- pretty decent speeder for a battlepack, much better than all the BP vehicles TLG released

Undoubtedly the BEST BP entry I've seen so far. As always, great great job pedro!

Edited by KielDaMan

1. WOW.

2. Another masterful creation from pedro.

3. Damn It! My dreams of entering (and hopefully winning) in this BP contest shattered the moment I saw this entry :cry_sad:

I agree completely.

My hopes of winning have decimated.

A nice job on the box art as well.

I find it pretty difficult to make a box like you have.

Well Done.

WOW!! this is really good pedro :thumbup::wub:

The box-art is fantastic! :wub:

and the actually set is even better!

the Jedi are very cool and I really like the training Remote!

I like it how you suggested making different combos with the minifigures!

The speeder is small, is well built and Sleek :wub: im abig fan of Sleekness :grin: And the controls are nicely done aswell :sweet:

Great job and hopefully I can come up with something to beat this, doubt it though :look::hmpf_bad:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Many thanks for the great comments everyone, it means a lot. I think an official Jedi battle pack would get a big thumbs up from us all!

Which torso is the hooded jedi from? I don't recognize it.

The torso is a combination the Kit Fisto minifig torso with dark bley arms. The arms suit the dark bley of the under-tunic, and in the spirit of the set it allows the Mon Cal head to be used with this torso without the brown of his hands blending into the arms.

The speeder is small, is well built and Sleek :wub: im abig fan of Sleekness :grin:

Me too! As I mentioned above this started out as a DC0052 'intergalactic' speeder, but although the parts count was low a couple of the pieces I used could easily have been considered too large - and I didn't want to chance it. So I tinkered and tweaked - at one point it had a fully enclosed cockpit - and after a couple of revisions this was the end result... and highly swooshable it is too!

Edited by pedro

Fantastic job pedro! :thumbup: I really like the speeder (which is very sleek and LEGOish) and the concept to make your own Jedi. You also have included many various Jedi torsos, which would be very appealing to lots of people. Great job, and I would get a few of these! :thumbup:

Btw, the box designs are excellent. :classic:

That looks very very good!

Just saw it on Brickshelf and needed to say that it looks good on all fronts; Minifigs, vehicle, boxart en presentation :thumbup:

Fantastic, pedro! :thumbup:

The 'create-your-own Jedi' idea is wonderful. The speeder looks great, and the training remote is a nice idea too. Perfect box art as well!

Good luck in the competition! :sweet:

That is friggin' incredible. They way the whole thing is presented propels it from being good to fantastic. I would so buy that.

Nooooo! I had this fantastic idea - mix-and-match Jedi, just thought I might make a battle pack out of it, and then I saw your entry!! And it's waaaay better than mine would have been. :cry_sad:

Best of luck to you - this is awesome! :thumbup:

Sorry if somebody has already explained this but what is the training orb made of? I cannot find that head anywhere it's driving me crazy! :wacko:

Have you ever considered that it might be custom? :tongue: (That's what I'm pretty sure it is).

Nice job, pedro, especially on the design of the speeder and the photoshopping. :thumbup: The concept doesn't exactly appeal to me as I think that Jedi are individuals, not a generic faction that you could buy multiple BPs of, but I must say that for what it is, it's very well executed. I would have included some more hair pieces for variety, but otherwise it's perfect.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Many thanks for the further comments everyone!

Sorry if somebody has already explained this but what is the training orb made of? I cannot find that head anywhere it's driving me crazy!
Have you ever considered that it might be custom? (That's what I'm pretty sure it is).

Indeed, 'tis a custom of sorts, created in photoshop.

The concept doesn't exactly appeal to me as I think that Jedi are individuals, not a generic faction that you could buy multiple BPs of, but I must say that for what it is, it's very well executed.

I see your point Oky Wan, the Jedi do tend to be given assignments as singles or pairs; however it's not uncommon to see several working together. Then there are desparate times where we see an entire army of them such as at Geonosis; or when they were forced to defend the Jedi Temple after Order 66. Still, glad you like it!

There are so many 'faceless' footsoldiers that make up the Jedi that it is almost an army of itself. There are about ten thousand that make up the Jedi Temple and tens of thousands more that are undertaking missions.