Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

I just updated the index (my PM messenger was on fire today), and I have also included a link to the new video tutorial which covers the basics needed to add GIFs and XMLs to BlueBrick. You can watch it here. Make sure you watch it in HQ format. It is still a work in progress. Please ignore spelling mistakes etc. It took much longer to make than I had thought so I didn't have time to polish hit off, but I wanted to get it out there so you can all see how easy it is to do. A final version should be available next weekend, and I might do an advanced version at some point (but first I need to become advanced myself :wink: )

And is those XML file necessary?

And I miss decoupling set 7862. I'm learning how the use this program, so I don't know yet how to make gif-pic's :blush: .

Hi Panda, perhaps my BlueBrick video tutorials can help . I just finished the basic tutorial for GIFs and XMLs. Let us know if you need more support.

Edited by missouri_bb63

Thx for the help. Working on it, with watching the youtube. I like it already :sweet: .

Good to read, it will be a nice extension for bluebrick.

I also worked on something, and probably not a lot of people will know about this set, because it has only been available in holland as a promotional set.

GIF XML : 1590 ANWB promotional set

The xml makes sure the roads connect to other roads automatically :)

1590.set.gif

I think there was a Swiss version of this set too, but with another number (I think it was 1589).

Hello all,

a few days have gone by and I just wanted to check if there is any more feedback concerning the video tutorials?

Thanks for the contribution Aawsum. That is a seriously rare set, and it would be interesting to compare it to the one Richie mentioned. I see you added vehicles again. So far there has only been positive or neutral feedback concerning these additions so I think we can make it a general rule that we will add vehicles and minifigs. we just have to agree that we add them to the sets we have already created before BlueBrick 1.5 is launched.

Edited by missouri_bb63

I think there was a Swiss version of this set too, but with another number (I think it was 1589).

oops, you are right, same set, but slightly different name

1589-2.jpg

Update: 1620 Chocomel Factory

1620.set.gif

< XML >

Just got back from vacation and i had to do this one.

Edited by FreeBee

Update: 1620 Chocomel Factory

1620.set.gif

< XML >

Just got back from vacation and i had to do this one.

Chocomel! Now that brings back memories from childhood. I will have to buy a crate of the stuff when I am in Brussels over Christmas. :sweet: Never realized they had a promotional set. Thanks for that contribution!

Here is a new GIF for you guys, I hope you like it. I won't be making anymore for a while as I will now spend some time putting vehicles and minifigs in the GIFs I have made so far. I will also be improving the image quality of the GIFs and try to get the colors more uniform.

7823.set.gif

GIF XML : 7823 Container Loading Crane

Here is my first attempt at a re-worked GIF. Let me know what you think.

6394.set.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

I will also be improving the image quality of the GIFs and try to get the colors more uniform.

How do you do that?

Here is my first attempt at a re-worked GIF. Let me know what you think.

It's great , it brings the sets alive. Keep on going.

Here i also have some additions :

146 Level Crossing :

0146.set.gif

148 Central Station :

0148.set.gif

149 Fuel Refinery:

0149.set.gif

165 Cargo Station:

0165.set.gif

343 Ferry Boat:

0343.set.gif

xml's will follow.

Edited by FreeBee

Wow, now those are some real classics! :thumbup: I was looking at those on peeron the other day while responding to the "favorite train station" thread. Send me a PM listing of any future sets that you are planning on doing so I can add them to the "under construction" category in the index. I will add your GIFs to the index in a minute. :classic:

I will be using Photoshop CS3 to sharpen the images and correct the coloring but you can also use the gimp which is similar (and free). I think that is what Aawsum uses. Thanks for your feedback on my re-worked GIF! I think the imporant thing is that we try to get the baseplates a similar tone of gray or green as the ones that are already in BlueBrick.

Looking forward to seeing more classics from you soon!

Edited by missouri_bb63

146 Level Crossing :

148 Central Station :

149 Fuel Refinery:

165 Cargo Station:

343 Ferry Boat:

xml's will follow.

Wow, good work, if you need any help or feedback on the xml's, just let us know.

.. but you can also use the gimp which is similar (and free). I think that is what Aawsum uses. ...

Exactly, I use GIMP to create the GIFs, I normally do not do any sharpening or other edits. The gimp is very usefull for making transparent parts and make sure the gif is properly cut and sized.

Hi,

That's a lot of great new sets. I would like to precise that for the 4.5V and 12V track, since the sleepers are shared between 2 parts, I usually cut the sleeper in the midlle. So in BlueBrick, the sleepers of the extremity of the set are 1x8 plates instead of 2x8.

Else when you connect two rails, the blue rail goes under the white sleeper of the next rail. But this is just a detail.

Also, I'm very amazed by all your work. I would be pleased if someone is interested to recreate all the set of Track Designer (they are all in the set folder of BlueBrick) because the gif are very ugly, and I need them in order to have a full compatibility with Track Designer.

Thanks in advance.

Next on my todo list was the 4954 House + garage

I decided to make 2 gifs of the main model, so the garage can be placed on each side of the house

GIF XML : 4954 House

4954.set.house.gif

GIF XML : 4954 House - Garage

4954.set.garage.gif

Hi,

I would like to precise that for the 4.5V and 12V track, since the sleepers are shared between 2 parts, I usually cut the sleeper in the midlle. So in BlueBrick, the sleepers of the extremity of the set are 1x8 plates instead of 2x8.

That's a good point, I just noticed that. As long as the margins are correct the connection works fine, but track does end up on top of each other. I see FreeBee has already started to modify his. I will try to do mine tomorrow.

Nice work on your new GIFs Aawsum! I have updated the Index.

I would be pleased if someone is interested to recreate all the set of Track Designer (they are all in the set folder of BlueBrick) because the gif are very ugly, and I need them in order to have a full compatibility with Track Designer.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a list of the sets Alban needs:

- 153 Done

- 4532 Done

- 4539 Done

- 4555 Done

- 4565 Done

- 6399a

- 6399b

- 6399c

I'll try to do the others this week.

Edited by FreeBee

- 6399a

- 6399b

- 6399c

With these, you mean the track layout? The terminals and supports are already available in Bluebrick.

With these, you mean the track layout? The terminals and supports are already available in Bluebrick.

Yes he means the terminals etc. Like Alban mentioned, he would like those old Track Designer GIFs re-doing as well. I already have half finished CADs for that one lying around from way back so I will finish those off. I sent a PM to Freebee last night. Not to sure about the track pieces. Perhaps those can be improved too?

Update to do list for Alban:

- 153 Done

- 2150 will be done by FreeBee (and also the 4554)

- 4532 Done

- 4539 Done

- 4555 Done

- 4565 Done

- 6399a will be done by missouri

- 6399b will be done by missouri

- 6399c will be done by missouri

Oops, I missed that. :blush:

Lol, it can happen :tongue:

Here are the stations:

2150 Train Station:

2150.set.gif