sarabob

Daily Mirror Star Wars giveaways

Well, here's the first set. Perhaps someone else can do a "full review" but there's not really too much to be said.

It's not a great set, and as far as I know, doesn't actually resemble any type of speeder from the movie or even the EU.

But it's a nice little freebie.

DSCF3091.jpg

DSCF3095.jpg

I'm already picking up a few sets for some friends though, so I don't think I'll be able to pick any up for anyone here. But like others have said, once it's over I'll see if there's anything left over and see how the mail ordering works :)

Yeah. I just picked up my Imperial Speeder Bike from Smiths. I nice little set.

Much better than I first expected :thumbup:.

Edited by Skipper 24

Is it definite that the mail-in option isn't available this time round then or are there details in today's newspaper?

Just while I consider an hour-and-a-half round trip cycle for this stormtrooper :)

Is it definite that the mail-in option isn't available this time round then or are there details in today's newspaper?

Just while I consider an hour-and-a-half round trip cycle for this stormtrooper :)

there's a post above that CONFIRMS you can do it via the post ... you need to get 5 different vouchers from the paper and then send them off with a cheque for £5.99 to an address to be provided later.

To quote myself:

I have today's Daily Mirror. It says that each set must be picked up on the day it is released. For example, I can get today's Imperial Speeder Bike today at Toys'R'Us or WHSmith, but tomorrow I can only get the Clone Walker.

However, you can send five DIFFERENT vouchers with a cheque for ?5.99 payable to 'MGN Ltd' to claim the six toys and the collector's box. The address will be printed next week. The closing date is Friday 25th September. Allow 28 days from the closing date for delivery.

Only one free LEGO item per customer.

The poster and stickers will be inside next Saturday and Sunday's papers.

Speaking of which.. WHSmith isn't open on Sundays. Does anyone know if we can pick that one up on Monday, or will we have to go to Toys R Us for that one?

I asked the woman who gave me it today and she said their branch was closed tomorrow, but others might be open. She told me I could pick up tomorrow's on Monday, but I'm not so sure. I may just go to Toys'R'Us to be certain.

Speaking of which.. WHSmith isn't open on Sundays. Does anyone know if we can pick that one up on Monday, or will we have to go to Toys R Us for that one?

The branch near me is open on a sunday. Maybe only until lunchtime or something. If not on Monday they are bound to give you the set from Sunday if you ask and they have stock.

Edited by Skipper 24

Yeah. I just picked up my Imperial Speeder Bike from Smiths. I nice little set.

Much better than I first expected :thumbup:.

I'm impressed as well, I think the control levers made from

2555.gif

and

60849.gif

are a really clever idea.

This is the first Star Wars set I have built for myself, and I can see myself being tempted if I see any of the real sets on special offer now!

I asked the woman who gave me it today and she said their branch was closed tomorrow, but others might be open. She told me I could pick up tomorrow's on Monday, but I'm not so sure. I may just go to Toys'R'Us to be certain.

It never even occured to me until now, otherwise I would have asked while I was there. But yeah, I assume they'll have all of them in stock, so I don't see why they wouldn't give you them if you just ask, otherwise they're just going to have a big pile lying around that they're not allowed to sel. Toys R Us is a bit too far out of the way for me, so I'll just have to hope they will do both on Monday.

I purchased five Stormie Speeders in the Daily Mirror from WH Smith, and they did not take any vouchers out. NOw my mum has gone to see if they give any more, so I could end up with ten! :cry_happy:

Hopefully, this process will be repeated for the STAP and Clone Walker. :thumbup:

I nipped down to my local retail park early this morning and managed to grab a few. The token specifically says one per reader, therefore however many tokens you redeem you get a set for each - great! By the time I made it down to WH Smith at about 9.30am, the shop assistant said they'd already distributed half a 60 unit box!

I took a few photos of it for everyone; almost a mini-review...

Bag

30005-00.jpg

Instructions

30005-01.jpg

Parts

30005-02.jpg

Construction

30005-03.jpg

Front

30005-04.jpg

Back

30005-05.jpg

I took a few photos of it for everyone; almost a mini-review...

Nice pictures. You can always do a miniature review out of the academy boundaries, if you want. :wink:

Hi

My dad said he wouldd buy me and my brother one each so I have it here. I can go tomorrow too and he will pay, YAY :classic:. It is however very unfortunate that my set had the brown rod on the side missing but few I had a spare in my colloection.

Well, I did indeed embark on my 20+ km round trip by bicycle to collect two of these. And an effective promotion it was for Smyth's Toys at least, for I saw that they have just got the full Lego Games range in-stock (entire aisle end-shelves) and I picked up Monsters4 for €12.99.

I decided I'm not going to do the mail-in option despite the inconvenience of getting to Smyth's, as it is €7.99 that you have to include when sending off for these. And here in Ireland the Daily Mirror costs more too - €1 for today's edition, so I really don't want to spend more than the cost of the papers.

€2 for two stormtroopers alone wouldn't be bad value but the parts are great too and its even a cute little model even if not entirely convincing.

That's a very sweet promo. Jealous Aussie here, I'd certainly stock up on a whole bunch of them while I can, soooo cute.

That said, is the Daily Mirror one of those horrible sensationalist tabloid publications we keep hearing about?

That said, is the Daily Mirror one of those horrible sensationalist tabloid publications we keep hearing about?

yes

it's not the type of newspaper that you really want to buy, unless you get free Lego

Edited by mikey

Glad i was right about the mail-order offer :classic:

I will send off for 3 full sets of them and try to pick up extra clone walkers and STAPs :grin:

I don't normally visit this forum, but for anyone that is collecting these, if you buy the paper in WH Smths, you don't have to hand over the token, you can then mail order a set as well :-)

I have had a very good lego morning :grin:

Another great little model today, containing a good selection of usefull parts. I think this promotion is MUCH better than the last City one, you could probably make an intresting Alternative model with all the pieces from this series.

I purchased five Stormie Speeders in the Daily Mirror from WH Smith, and they did not take any vouchers out. NOw my mum has gone to see if they give any more, so I could end up with ten! :cry_happy:

Hopefully, this process will be repeated for the STAP and Clone Walker. :thumbup:

The tactic worked again! Get the things from Smiths! They don't collect the vouchers, so you can go back and get some more later! :thumbup:

Oh yeh, I beat you by two Mutley. :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

By 2pm in my local WHSmiths, they had sold-out of The Mirror on Sunday. The Manager agreed to give me 6 bags for the last copy!

Edited by alsonar