BaronSat

WWII Landing Craft : Higgins boat

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello military fans,

Here is a new model I made very recenlty: a Landing Craft of World War II also called "Higgins boat". Someone ask me to build one and it has been a real pleasure because I wanted to make such a model for a long time.

I hope you'll enjoy it too.

Landing-Craft-00.jpg

Landing-Craft-02.jpg

Landing-Craft-05.jpg

As usually, more photos on my website.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This is outstanding work BaronSat. You should do more WW2 vehicles like the Tiger tank and some others.

We only just saw your Batmobile and then you present us with another outstanding MOC! I particularly like you machine gun near the rear of the craft and the fact that a minifig can man them. Nice work :thumbup:.

This is outstanding work BaronSat. You should do more WW2 vehicles like the Tiger tank and some others.

Thanks. Yes WW2 tanks are model I hope to build soon.

We only just saw your Batmobile and then you present us with another outstanding MOC! I particularly like you machine gun near the rear of the craft and the fact that a minifig can man them. Nice work :thumbup:.

And you missed my 2 Mechas : the Valkyrie & Alpha Fighter from Macross/Robotech in the SciF-Ci forum sub-theme?

Sorry I couldn't resist... :tongue: ... it just that I'm late in posting my MOCs so that a lot of them at the same time.

Very nice Ive made one of these also here.

May I ask where did you get that M1 pot helmet? What store?

Thanks.

Your model is cute but seems unfinished! Is it me or do you prefer building pirate's ships ??? :wink:

The helmet comes from a 1/18 scale US soldier by 21th Century Toys because as you know it's no more possible to buy them from brickarms :cry_sad:

But I'm still trying to get some Oxford ones and may succeed soon...

Thanks. Yes WW2 tanks are model I hope to build soon.

And you missed my 2 Mechas : the Valkyrie & Alpha Fighter from Macross/Robotech in the SciF-Ci forum sub-theme?

Sorry I couldn't resist... :tongue: ... it just that I'm late in posting my MOCs so that a lot of them at the same time.

Yeah, I loved those. BaronSat, you are just too good! :laugh: Although I liked the whole ship, may I just say my absolute favorite part is that amazing Jeep? Not to mention those great crates! :wub:

Edited by Darth Legolas

The helmet comes from a 1/18 scale US soldier by 21th Century Toys because as you know it's no more possible to buy them from brickarms

But I'm still trying to get some Oxford ones and may succeed soon...

Thanks! I should try that which soldier though? I too need the Oxford helmets.

Your model is cute but seems unfinished! Is it me or do you prefer building pirate's ships ??? :wink:

The reason I never finished is because I never got those helmets :sadnew:

Edited by General Armendariz

Yeah, I loved those. BaronSat, you are just too good! :laugh: Although I liked the whole ship, may I just say my absolute favorite part is that amazing Jeep? Not to mention those great crates! :wub:

The crates are just a stylistic composition, the kind of things you build when bored :laugh: and then I found a good use for them. As many people I'm facinated by very simple objects made with Lego parts like barrels, containers etc... and I really don't know why? Maybe because TLC don't produce enough accessories for maniacs like us?

Thanks! I should try that which soldier though? I too need the Oxford helmets.

The reason I never finished is because I never got those helmets :sadnew:

I'm still figuring a way to get more Oxford helmets, if that became possible I'll post a message in the sale forum.

Very Nice MOC!

I would very much like to see a bunch of soldiers in here, mabye the door opening and then charging? I just wanted to see how many men could fit.

Also, If we get enough people who want to buy the American Helmets, mabye we could make a giant petition to bring back the M1 Helmet, And if they don't we will strike never to buy from brickarms! But it will never work. :grin:

BaronSat,

That's a beautiful Higgins boat! Lately I've become very much interested in WW II vehicles, and this one really is something else! I know Dan Siskind has a really nice Higgins boat on his MOC page, and I am a fan of his models, but I dare say yours is better.

I'm still figuring a way to get more Oxford helmets, if that became possible I'll post a message in the sale forum.
Have you had any ideas, aside from ordering directly from Oxford?

This is a very nice boat, and I must agree on the crates and jeep; they are excellent. :thumbup:

The jeep does look at tad modernized, but then it would have to be a Humvee to be modern I guess. :laugh:

That is very realistic. Great work. I have an obession with crates, barrels, and sacks. You already know what I'm thinking about those crates. :wub: You should do some more WWII mocs. Nice jeep BTW. :thumbup:

Edited by JCC1004

Very Nice MOC!

I would very much like to see a bunch of soldiers in here, mabye the door opening and then charging? I just wanted to see how many men could fit.

I filled the boat with minifigures and found that 22 can fir in. The real boat can accept 36 soldiers but you know our dear Lego minifigures are a bit ... chubby :laugh:

Here's the photo :

3870215601_74da962c64_o.jpg

I put a blank version of this photo on Flickr so you can write your own text if you want?!

Link to my Flickr photo

Great MOC, but just to let you know, I made that picture my background.

Nice!

Make a Sherman and you can have 2 cookies.

Hmmmm, cookies... er I mean that would be cool but a Sherman need the larger version of the landing craft the : Landing Craft, Mechanized (Mark 3) — LCM 3.