Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Noir Mafia: The Conclusion

Here are some of my PMs from during the game.

TinyPies:

Rose - Serial Killer No Allegiance

You are Rose. Your hobbies include ironing, baking and murder. You win the game if you are still alive at the end of the game, whether the town wins or the scum win. Every night, you are able to kill one player. PM me the name of the player you want to murder, and that player may be killed. You are married to Henry/Hinckley, who you love very much.

Escape the Fate (Day two)

So I hear your going to be gone for two weeks, so hopefully, Ill catch you before you leave, so what were you doing last night, any information would be useful, especially since you are going to be gone.
So I hear your going to be gone for two weeks, so hopefully, Ill catch you before you leave, so what were you doing last night, any information would be useful, especially since you are going to be gone.
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking....

Don't you have a night action, and if so what did you do with it.

Uh, no, I don't.

Then why did you show up late this morning when the bodies were discovered?

Uh, no, I don't.
Then why did you show up late this morning when the bodies were discovered?
I don't know. What I do know is that I don't have a night action.

Well there goes my lead. Thanks.

ImperialShadows (Day three)

As shown clearly in the day 3 discussion thread, I have discovered that JimButcher / Jerry Buscemi is the mafia scum boss. Our own police chief has also found the same information through his own sources. If I am somehow wrong, and I know I'm not, I will die tomorrow.

The town needs your vote today, it's very important that we cut off the head of this evil organization.

Please...

Vote: Jerry Buscemi / JimButcher

...today

Whitefang (Day unknown)

Hi. Rose here. Please listen to me - but don't tell anyone.

I am the loyal action blocker. Last night, I blocked who I now believe is the vigilante, though I'd rather not reveal who it is. They targeted Sal, who is Shawn's bodyguard. As they were leaving the theatre, Shawn said to Sal, "You're doing a great job of deflecting suspicion from us. We are close, only a few more townies are left". You must believe me. It is our only hope. We must get rid of Shawn tonight.

Rose, I am trying to get Shawn into the hook, but he have presented new accusations against you, and people trusted him more than I do, even I am inclined to believe in him, because I am after the renegade killer. Right now, there is 4 more votes required to drop Shawn, but trust me, there is not going to be enough, and if votes keep adding up against you, I am sorry, but to said that I will switch against you as well. Right now, everyone trust Shawn and that's the way it seems... Look here, try and find the remaining 4 to help you with this, but you must be careful of whom you approach. This is my advice for you...

Father Walter.

I am the loyal action blocker. Last night, I blocked who I now believe is the vigilante, though I'd rather not reveal who it is. They targeted Sal, who is Shawn's bodyguard. As they were leaving the theatre, Shawn said to Sal, "You're doing a great job of deflecting suspicion from us. We are close, only a few more townies are left". You must believe me. It is our only hope. We must get rid of Shawn tonight.

Rose, I am trying to get Shawn into the hook, but he have presented new accusations against you, and people trusted him more than I do, even I am inclined to believe in him, because I am after the renegade killer. Right now, there is 4 more votes required to drop Shawn, but trust me, there is not going to be enough, and if votes keep adding up against you, I am sorry, but to said that I will switch against you as well. Right now, everyone trust Shawn and that's the way it seems... Look here, try and find the remaining 4 to help you with this, but you must be careful of whom you approach. This is my advice for you...

Father Walter.

All I can say is that he is trying to set you up. I've let some other's know what I've shared with you, and I hope we can get our town back.

Make sure you get the right people.. Well, this is all part of the game of life.

Alice (Same day as above)

Bob said he is the vigilante.

Bob said he is the vigilante.
Sorry, not the vigilante, the hatchet killer.

You should probably say who it is.. maybe that is who we should target right now.

Townies are about to lose because they can't get their stories straight. Artie died because of his wicked ways of not being able to give a straight answer. You are dying because of the tangled web you are weaving. Michelle died because she adamently backed someone she had no evidence about. I think you are loyal as were they, but this is pure chaos. State things in public with some sort of evidence to back them up.

Stash2sixx (Same day as above)

We are gonna die unless we can work together. I have a source that has been giving me good information up to this point. I don't trust your husband Henry. I know Christopher/Keetong is TOWN because we had him investigated last night. I know Aida is TOWN. I think Quinn is town also, but no proof. I do not trust Zita cuz she back Jerry Buscemi way too much. I think Sal might be bad news too. Father Walters says he is good, but I know he has been talking to everyone way too much, so not sure on him, although he does look like MR.Big. Donnna/Darth Legois has been way too quiet, same with Carlo/Commander Flash. Robert told us he was the town Vigilante. Shawn was investigated on the first night by my team, came back Loyal, but he could have been turned. Almost all of my faith in Shawn has gone out the window.

Robert and Shawn have been working together with me, but lately, they have become more and more distant, therefore I trust neither of them as much as I did.

I need you to tell me who the night killer/protector is. I will come out and say that my investigator found out and we will convince everyone to go ahead and vote for that person. I will come out with it, I will not say you told me.

How does this work for you?

Chief Stevens

Quarryman (Same day)

So, you're saying you know who the hatchet killer is, and that you blocked him/her last night. And if you look at the votes you'll see that you're dead, there's 7 votes against you now. But if you really are loyal I'd hate to lose you, so please, tell us who the hatchet killer is, or just tell me, it could save your life.

So, you're saying you know who the hatchet killer is, and that you blocked him/her last night. And if you look at the votes you'll see that you're dead, there's 7 votes against you now. But if you really are loyal I'd hate to lose you, so please, tell us who the hatchet killer is, or just tell me, it could save your life.

I'm pretty sure Zita is the Hatchet Killer, Though it's probably too late .

Can't say that makes sense, what do you base this suspicion on?

ImperialShadows (Same day as above)

If you're actually the hatchet killer, as I suspected and now you've confessed, I really could have saved you. I even said as much previously, and you still didn't write. You've been incredibly misled by the people you've listened to, mostly because they don't understand the win requirement for a character like you.

On the other hand, if your confession is a trick, it isn't going to do you any good, but revealing the real hatchet killer might have.

Either way, you really miscalculated.

Nut why should I have believed you? Like I asked in the game, why didn't you contact me? Also, what made you think that I was the hatchet killer?

At the time that I made the offer to the hatchet killer, I didn't have any idea who it was. I had actually been misled into thinking it was someone, but my investigation turned up nothing, then they were killed the next night.

The majority of the reason I thought it was you was explained in the thread today, part of it came from how much you seemed opposed to me, when I'm the only one who has given the town any kind of useful information, and part was a combination of a tip from someone I now seriously consider as potential scum and some investigation results. What I've come to learn is that this town was loaded with screwball investigators who are being misinformed of things or have really limited powers, much like the way it went in Witch Hunt.

At the time that I accused you, I believed I was right, I began to doubt it during the day but whenever someone does the "I know who it is but I'm not telling" routine, I automatically don't trust them, so that locked it in. Even now, I think I'm as confused as Henry as to whether or not you're being serious in your confession.

Bottom line, this has been one confusing game of life. But fun, you've got to admit that.

I. Hate. You. Shawn.

And why did you all have to kill me on my birthday?

Just remember: Because someone plays something in one game, it doesn't mean they're doing it again in the next, nor does it mean that they will use the same techniques. The tricky player you kill off early might have just been the one who could have saved you if you hadn't. Seriously.

Oh, the nerve you have! :laugh:

Every Mafia game ends up with people swearing they will never trust you again, and here you are, playing your mind games even after the game has ended. The saddest part is that people will fall for your words in the next game as well, without a doubt. :wink:

I'm proud to say that I did not trust you for one second during this game, though. :tongue:

I. Hate. You. Shawn.

You gave yourself away the day you specifically said that the hatchet killer must have been blocked the night before, without even acting like you were sad that a townie had been killed. It's important to remember that you might not specifically have an alignment, but you still need to act loyal to increase your odds of survival.

You know, if you had contacted me when I made my first public appeal to the hatchet killer, I would have found out the requirement for you to win and we could have worked together to kill off the townies quicker, probably knocking a couple of game days off. You would have been a valuable asset and ended up being a winner as well.

See? It always pays to cooperate with old Uncle Shiester Shadows. :wink:

Oh, and despite how it looked, Sal was never my protector (I mostly relied on townies for that :grin:), but I do give you credit for making up that story about us talking while coming out of the theatre. Still, it's kind of weird being framed with false evidence when you're already guilty. :look::laugh:

Nice try, though! :thumbup:

Every Mafia game ends up with people swearing they will never trust you again

In any game you win, that will happen (though it didn't happen in Baritones I, for example). Really, even losing can lead to that. The point is that you can't judge future games by past ones, it's all too random. Sure, sometimes people will resort to the same method over and over, and that you can spot, but in the end it's guesswork until you have evidence, and no loyal side can afford to randomly vote people off until they get lucky.

At the same time, not voting can be just as bad, so you have to rely on what people say as a clue to their alignment.

The biggest enemy of the loyal side are the loyal players themselves. If the people who acted guilty but weren't in this game hadn't brought suspicion on themselves, I would have been dead by day 4. :grin:

, and here you are, playing your mind games even after the game has ended. The saddest part is that people will fall for your words in the next game as well, without a doubt. :wink:

Statistically, I'll probably be loyal in my next game. How's that for using past performance as an indicator? :laugh:

I'm proud to say that I did not trust you for one second during this game, though. :tongue:

I didn't trust you either, and I knew you were loyal. :wink:

I told you Shawn was Scum! Man, that game was fun, special thanks to Tinyp and IS.

Striker! I suspected you after you turned on me, that really was fun. Thanks to Sandy, too, it was exciting! I hope to get in MC II, when will it start, Dragonator?

Striker! I suspected you after you turned on me, that really was fun. Thanks to Sandy, too, it was exciting! I hope to get in MC II, when will it start, Dragonator?

Sorry, Zapper. :grin:

This game was fun! I can't wait for the next one, special thanks to TinyPies for creating a fun game, and to Shadows for being my guide and putting up with me. :sweet:

Well, everything about the game was awesome, the night scenes, the day scenes, the cocnlusion, the characters, everything! TinyPies, I think this is my favorite game of your's, and not just because I played in it. :wink:

Everyone, it was fun playing the game with you all. I hope to see some of you guys in the next game. :classic:

That wasn't me with him... I wore the funny hat. :laugh: At first I thought it was Hinckley, but now I learned it was Flash. Shadows, why didn't you tell me you were being protected? You didn't even need me, except to protect you from the voters. Still, we survived. But with losses of course...

Darth Legois: It was great having you be a scumbag. (Don't know what smiley to put here...)

AwesomeStar: Even though you didn't live past night 1, I think it was great that you had a role.

ImperialShadows: You are awesome. There. I said it. Now give me my fifty dollars.

JimButcher: You were a great player while you lasted. Sorry we had to kill you.

Hinckley: You were clever... You through attention from yourself by pinning it on me. :grin: Well played, good sir.

I'll post again in a little bit.

Edited by Striker

Sorry, Zapper. :grin:

This game was fun! I can't wait for the next one, special thanks to TinyPies for creating a fun game, and to Shadows for being my guide and putting up with me. :sweet:

Well, everything about the game was awesome, the night scenes, the day scenes, the cocnlusion, the characters, everything! TinyPies, I think this is my favorite game of your's, and not just because I played in it. :wink:

Everyone, it was fun playing the game with you all. I hope to see some of you guys in the next game. :classic:

That wasn't me with him... I wore the funny hat. :laugh: At first I thought it was Hinckley, but now I learned it was Flash. Shadows, why didn't you tell me you were being protected? You didn't even need me, except to protect you from the voters. Still, we survived. But with two losses of course...

Darth Legois: It was great having you be a scumbag. (Don't know what smiley to put here...)

AwesomeStar: Even though you didn't live past night 1, I think it was great that you had a role.

ImperialShadows: You are awesome. There. I said it. Now give me my fifty dollars.

JimButcher: You were a great player while you lasted. Sorry we had to kill you.

Hinckley: You were clever... You through attention from yourself by pinning it on me. :grin: Well played, good sir.

I'll post again in a little bit.

Annoying Scumbag. :grin: Really, you being a first player, you had me completely duped! :thumbup:

And IS, you really spiced the game, it was fun. You idiot gullible town. :tongue: I told you he was doing it again. Hey IS, when you get to hell, I'll UTTERLY decimate you! MuHaHaHa! :vader: Take that Scum.....Scum! :laugh: So, Striker, maybe we accually WILL be on the same side next game.

My first mistake was trusting ANYONE. I trusted Sandy because I didn't trust IS, I trusted you because....I had noone else TO trust. I never completely belived you. :grin:

So, Striker, maybe we accually WILL be on the same side next game.

Hopefully. :classic: And about that position you were going to give me on your game... :wink:

My first mistake was trusting ANYONE. I trusted Sandy because I didn't trust IS, I trusted you because....I had noone else TO trust. I never completely belived you. :grin:

What tipped you off? :grin:

That wasn't me with him... I wore the funny hat. :laugh: At first I thought it was Hinckley, but now I learned it was Flash. Shadows, why didn't you tell me you were being protected? You didn't even need me, except to protect you from the voters. Still, we survived. But with two losses of course...

Oh, I know. I made that bit up to get votes off of me, and because I thought you two were scum :wink:.

Speechless. I have no idea where to begin. Lemme sleep on this one tonight and give some feedback tomorrow.

I hate so many of you right now.

Err... Awkward... Just to let you know, Stash, what I told you when you investigated me was all Shadows. :grin:

I wouldn't have known what to say... Luckily, I got's me a nice clever guy on my side. :sweet:

No hard feelings, Stash? Sorry we had to use you... :look:

Edited by Striker

Hopefully. :classic: And about that position you were going to give me on your game... :wink:

What tipped you off? :grin:

Your toast Joey poisoned. And then voting me. And a few people I trusted suspected you, so I knew it!

Yeah, about that position...... :tongue:

The most obvious move on Sal's part was sincerely accusing Quinn of poisoning his toast. I can't believe nobody else picked up on that. Striker, did you really think people would believe that? :laugh:

It wasn't more like trying to get Quarry voted off, but more of trying to throw suspicion of of Shadows, and pin it on me.

... Okay, I'm a dirty liar, too. :laugh:

Your toast Joey poisoned. And then voting me. And a few people I trusted suspected you, so I knew it!

Yeah, about that position...... :tongue:

I see... Well, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to act like I trusted you, while you only partly trusted me.

Let's talk about that through PM. :grin:

Edited by Striker

It wasn't more like trying to get Quarry voted off, but more of trying to throw suspicion of of Shadows, and pin it on me.

... Okay, I'm a dirty liar, too. :laugh:

I see... Well, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to act like I trusted you, while you only partly trusted me.

Let's talk about that through PM. :grin:

Yeah, you're a dirty lier. :grin:

Drag, if MC II signup isn't today, I'll fry you head, and then cut it off! :laugh:

Oh, it was a good idea to act like that, you had me pretty duped until near the end.

I just realized something, sorry for shooting you when you got voted off. :laugh:

Ha, so that was you? It might have been IS, but I'll kick YOUR butt in hell too! HA!

Ha, so that was you? It might have been IS, but I'll kick YOUR butt in hell too! HA!

I did have the funny hat and tommy gun.

I love my role. :grin:

I did have the funny hat and tommy gun.

I love my role. :grin:

So you killed Dr. Agon...... Shawn had a funny hat, too. And you killed Eugene? In my role, the only "special" thing I had was I was inncorupptible. BTW, do you have any idea why Bob ratted us?

So you killed Dr. Agon...... Shawn had a funny hat, too. And you killed Eugene? In my role, the only "special" thing I had was I was inncorupptible. BTW, do you have any idea why Bob ratted us?

You would have made a good replacement to Darth_Legois... :devil:

And he ratted us because he didn't trust me. :wink:

You would have made a good replacement to Darth_Legois... :devil:

And he ratted us because he didn't trust me. :wink:

He was right. :tongue: Yeah, I would have I guess, Darth was kinda unbelivible. Didn't belive her for a second.

He was right. :tongue: Yeah, I would have I guess, Darth was kinda unbelivible. Didn't belive her for a second.

I mean, he tried to kill me, if it wasn't for Legois, I would have been dead on Night 2! :hmpf_bad:

Darn you, Bob! :laugh:

What's funny is when you finally learn what was going on behind the scenes; I didn't even know that Ricecracker and Bob had tried to kill me.

Edited by Striker

I mean, he tried to kill me, if it wasn't for Legois, I would have been dead on Night 2! :hmpf_bad:

Darn you, Bob! :laugh:

What's funny is when you finally learn what was going on behind the scenes; I didn't even know that Ricecracker and Bob had tried to kill me.

Yeah, Legois was a protector? Bob did a good job. And you killed him, you got him back in a more painful way. :devil:

Yeah, Legois was a protector? Bob did a good job. And you killed him, you got him back in a more painful way. :devil:

Take a look at Night 2's status:

Night 2

JimButcher: Kill Escape the Fate

Ricecracker: None

Bob the Construction Man: Kill Sal

ImperialShadows: Convert Hinckley

Sandy: Investigate ImperialShadows

Stash2Sixx: Investigate Escape the Fate

Darth Legois: Block Bob the Construction Man

Results:

- Escape the Fate is killed (Town)

- Sandy finds out that ImperialShadows is Scum

- Stash2Sixx believes Escape the Fate is Town

- Bob the Construction Man doesn't kill Sal

- ImperialShadows converts Hinckley

I think Legois saved me... I think I may have misread this, though... :wacko:

Take a look at Night 2's status:

I think Legois saved me... I think I may have misread this, though... :wacko:

I guess she did save you, albiet indirectly.

Oh, Legois saved you alright...

If only I didn't tell her him my role...

Well well, congratulations to the scum, well done. :thumbup:

And I'm not sure, but this just might be the worst I've played a mafia game on EB. Too afraid to openly attack when I should have, too eager to support voting, etc. Oh well, die and learn, again. :hmpf_bad: Still, I do believe one of the biggest mistakes certain townies made was to target Shadows and only Shadows. As has been pointed out earlier Striker was probably the most obvious scum, but no one really targeted him.

In a way I feel I must congratulate Hinckley the most, I never even suspected him until I was told he was scum. :blush: By then it was almost too late, Day 6 happened and everything really fell apart.

Speaking of Day 6..

One of my biggest complaints regarding the hosting of this game is the duration of Day 6, it should never have been allowed to go on for as long as it did. ("well over 6 days" is not "about 5 days"). Not that I think that alone could have saved us, we really played horribly, but it did tip the balance even more towards the scum's victory.

Another thing that bothered me was how TinyP went back and "enhanced the truth" (i.e. edited the opening post of the Day) after a conviction had been reached.

And of course the unwillingness to enforce the rules. If you don't follow your rules, how do you expect us to do so? (admittedly a large part of why I wanted YG-49 dead in Day 1 was that he broke the "3 edits" rule even after being warned.)

But apart from those three things, good job hosting, you've improved a lot since Witch Hunt :thumbup: (but then again Witch Hunt was positively screwed anyway :tongue:)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your next game, just please be more explicit and strict. (I hate things like "about 5 days" and such, the duration of a Day should in my opinion be set in an exact number of hours. Or if it's a requirement that a conviction has been reached or everyone has voted please say so explicitly)

I really don't think I played the game right either, making myself susceptible to IS's bad-mouthing. He would just utter the word "drunk" and "paranoid" and all trust in me was gone. And even though my role stayed hidden until I was dead, it was also the reason I was killed. Note to self, never try to roleplay again in a Mafia-game. :laugh:

Or at least never roleplay someone who's a drunk, that doesn't exactly make you trustworthy. :tongue:

And, "WHAM", we strike jackpot, but he twisted every single words of mine with his FBI Agent story, which I believed him for a moment, because quoting from my past experience as Agent Sky, in Baritones I, I knew what is his role, and he knew that I will understand how this role will work, which buy him some time off, to keep himself alive... The thing is, I have been trying to aim Shadows, but everytime there is not enough votes to do so, until I am giving myself up since I don't know whom to trust...

We got really really close on Day 6, if only Newright had believed me when I wrote to him telling him to change his vote. :cry_sad: (I considered Stash to be a lost cause, and making any of the scum change their votes of course wouldn't have made sense.)

Night 6

Striker: Kill QuarryMan

Stash2Sixx: Investigate keetong/NewRight

Commander Flash: Protect No one

Results:

- Striker kills Bob the Construction Man

- Stash2Sixx believes that keetong/NewRight is Town

Uhm, here you've messed up something in the results :tongue:

Statistically, I'll probably be loyal in my next game. How's that for using past performance as an indicator? :laugh:

And continuing to use past performance as an indicator you'll probably die on Day 1 :tongue:

Sign in to follow this