Shadows

TUTORIAL Posting Deeplinked Images from Brickshelf

Files are public after they are moderated; that may take a few hours or a couple of days. It's not up to you, it's up to the brickshelf moderation team.

But each file can be deeplinked or hotlinked as soon as you upload it.

Files are public after they are moderated; that may take a few hours or a couple of days. It's not up to you, it's up to the brickshelf moderation team.

But each file can be deeplinked or hotlinked as soon as you upload it.

Thanks for the information :thumbup: Um how do I deeplink or hotlink something

Never mind!

Edited by Captain Genaro

Brickshelf file will become public by itself. Just be patient! Will take time!

The pictures go through the moderating team for Brickshelf, and then they become public. I think it takes a couple of days, although I'm not sure of the exact time. BTW: This topic belongs here. :wink:

It works!

Please don't revive old topics when you have nothing usefull to add!

And two word-posts are not allowed either actually, take a good look at the guidelines please!

How do I make a file public on brick shelf. :wacko: Not sure if this is the right place or not.

Nope, Culture and Multimedia is not the right place for this disussion.

I have merged and moved into the approriate topic, glad the rest of the members have helped you in your question.

Will EB automatically resize images on Brickshelf? I've uploaded to my account there, and the files are large pixel-wise (3008x2000) but a reduced kb/mb size, usually about 300-350 kb. Do i need to re-size them down to 640x480 before deeplinking?

Thanks.

I'm trying to get an image of Brickshelf and into my Avatar image (it's the same one currently in my sig), and i'm following the simular insructions, but it keeps saying 'Sorry, that is not a valid file extension'. What am I doing wrong?

Will EB automatically resize images on Brickshelf? I've uploaded to my account there, and the files are large pixel-wise (3008x2000) but a reduced kb/mb size, usually about 300-350 kb. Do i need to re-size them down to 640x480 before deeplinking?

Thanks.

Resize them. The board resizes them, but only after you've loaded the whole huge image, which takes a long time on slow internet. :classic:

I'm trying to get an image of Brickshelf and into my Avatar image (it's the same one currently in my sig), and i'm following the simular insructions, but it keeps saying 'Sorry, that is not a valid file extension'. What am I doing wrong?

The file extension is too long. Shorten the name of the file, then re-upload it to your Brickshelf, This will shorten the URL and it will work. I saved the picture, shortened the name, and uploaded it to my BS. See my avatar. :grin: If you want, just use the one I uploaded, I promise I won't delete it, unless I'm really mad at you. :laugh:

Resize them. The board resizes them, but only after you've loaded the whole huge image, which takes a long time on slow internet. :classic:

The file extension is too long. Shorten the name of the file, then re-upload it to your Brickshelf, This will shorten the URL and it will work. I saved the picture, shortened the name, and uploaded it to my BS. See my avatar. :grin: If you want, just use the one I uploaded, I promise I won't delete it, unless I'm really mad at you. :laugh:

Thnak you, will resize before posting.

Ok I know that Ive been here a while and can deeplink stuff already but I thought this was the correct place to ask.

If I delete pictures from Brickshelf that are in a post here will the ones in the post disappear?

If I delete pictures from Brickshelf that are in a post here will the ones in the post disappear?

Yes, the deeplink images will disappear as well because the link is no longer active, ended up as a broken link.

What if I do not have a brickshelf. :sad:

Eeehm, get an account? :sceptic: Or use some other online image hosting service such as flickr (tutorial on posting images from flickr).

Edited by Rick

BStn: Brickshelf thumbnail creator for Eurobricks

I have written a small bookmarklet that automates the creation of linked thumbnails for insertion in Eurobricks posts. You still need to 'click through' to the actual picture on Brickshelf, but after that you can hit the button associated with BStn in your bookmarks (Firefox) or favorites (Internet Explorer) bar and it will present you with the BBcode that you can directly put into your Eurobricks post.

To put the button on your bookmarks/favorites bar, follow the instructions below (or go down to the bottom of the post for the really easy solution):

In Firefox: right click on your bookmarks toolbar folder (the bar by default placed below the address bar) and select 'New Bookmark'. As a 'Name' type "BStn" or whatever you prefer. Under 'Location': (1) type "j a v a s c r i p t :" (get rid of the all the spaces, problem is it won't let me type the word out in full in a post, and without the quotes); (2) copy/past the code below immediately after "j a v a s c r i p t :" (make sure you copy it all in one go).

In Internet Exporer: I didn't find an easy way to add an empty new favorite to the 'favorites bar', however you can add any new favorite to the bar by clicking the yellow star with green arrow. You can then change the URL to this favorite, by right-clicking it, choosing properties, and changing the 'URL' on the 'Web Document' tab: (1) type "j a v a s c r i p t :" (get rid of the all the spaces, problem is it won't let me type the word out in full in a post, and without the quotes); (2) copy/past the code below immediately after "j a v a s c r i p t :" (make sure copy it all in one go and that you also remove 'http://', the URL should start with "j a v a s c r i p t :"). On the 'General' tab, the name can be changed to "BStn" or whatever you like.

u=location.href;if(u.indexOf("brickshelf.com")!=-1){if(u.indexOf("gallery/")!=-1){i=u.lastIndexOf("/")+1;a=u.substring(0,i)+"thumb/"+u.substring(i)+"_thumb.jpg";void(prompt("BStn:\nCopy/paste the code below to your Eurobricks post:",'[url=\"'+u+'\"][img='+a+'][/url]'));}else{void(alert("BStn:\nMake sure only the picture you want to transform into a thumbnail appears on your screen\n(i.e., keep clicking)."));}}else{void(alert("BStn:\nThe thumbnail creator only works on Brickshelf images."));};

Or simply go here and drag the link you find there to your bookmarks or favorites bar.

Edited by Rick

I tried uploading pictures from flikr. I feel like I tried everything but when I do it according to the tutorial it says I cannot upload this type of picture or page or image, I forget. Does anyone know how to make this work or had this problem? Thanks.

I tried uploading pictures from flikr. I feel like I tried everything but when I do it according to the tutorial it says I cannot upload this type of picture or page or image, I forget. Does anyone know how to make this work or had this problem? Thanks.

When at the picture you want, hit 'Share This' at the top. Click 'Grab HTML/BBCode' to get a box with text to come up. Click the BBCode button, and copy and paste that here. No need to use Eurobricks' 'Insert Image' feature either.