achris

Ben 10 discussion thread

I think this theme is too late. IMO, the peak of Ben 10's popularity was Dec. 2008 - Feb. 2009

I think this theme is too late. IMO, the peak of Ben 10's popularity was Dec. 2008 - Feb. 2009

Wow! A whole 3 months! He was quite the hit. :wink::laugh:

I personally find the Ben 10 cartoon to be completely obnoxious. I'm not trying to come into this thread to be a downer, but I really think that it was a poor desicion on Lego's part. (If we are allowed to express out love about something, we should be able to express the opposite, its how this world works :wink:)

There are plenty of other of franchises that Lego could have tried to partner with, that would appeal to both kids and adults. While Lego is first and foremost a child's toy, I think that its appeal to all age groups has been what makes it so popular over the years. Even the new Toy Story line may have appeal to some adults that are fans of Pixar, I know a few of them.

But Ben 10 is just another cartoon that really has nothing to offer to adults, and will most likely be forgotten within a few years, if not sooner. Spongebob is watched my kids and adults, and has become the arguably most iconic cartoon character of the past decade. I think that its a shame that Indy is ending next year, when this theme is being picked up.

Just my thoughts, as I don't recall giving my opinion on the new liscense. :classic: Please don't scold me for being a downer, everyone is allowed (and encouraged) to share their opinion. If you have points that can disprove mine, please, by all means do so.

Been meaning to post this for a while, but I didn't for some reason. Sorry to burst your bubble, system lovers, but Greg F, the writer of the Bionicle story and a longtime employe of TLC, has said on BZPower that aparrently the Ben 10 kits will be similar to Bionicle kits and will possibly even share parts with the latter line.

Unfortunatley, I have no idea what topic that quote was in, so I can't really state this as a fact. But, if you want system, than I have a feeling you'll be disapointed. :sceptic:

Finaly got a chance to watch a full episode. Well tried to at least. Found the show pretty lame. Waste of a theme. Lego's time should have been spent else where.

Maybe the Ben 10 bosses went begging to Lego to make it a theme so kids would rekindle their interest in Ben 10.

Maybe the Ben 10 bosses went begging to Lego to make it a theme so kids would rekindle their interest in Ben 10.

#1) I doubt that the network executives were on their hands and knees, begging Lego to give them a chance

#2) Having Ben 10 Lego most likely won't interest more kids in the show, as it will probably be the fans of the show buying the sets.

I just don't think that Ben 10 is hugely popular, and if it was at anytime "popular," it was definately a couple years ago, or at least a few months. I'm not trying to be a downer, but if this theme is in the same scale as Bionicle, it will probably be like Galidor ( :tongue: ) and will end up being a flop...

I just don't think that Ben 10 is hugely popular, and if it was at anytime "popular," it was definately a couple years ago, or at least a few months.

It is popular in Poland! There almost no Ben Ten Toys on shelfs- but kids wants more! I am Ben Ten fan too, so I probably buy some sets :]

I predict that these sets will sell awfully in the US, considering that Ben 10 isn't very popular. It did have a nice fan-base, but that was a few years ago, and it isn't nearly as popular or widely known about as Spongebob or Toy Story. I think that people who like the series would rather by action figures than a LEGO-Bionicle-action-figure-hybrid. Oh well, more money to spend on Disney! :tongue:

Either way, we can atleast look forward to some potentially cool set and pieces and minfigs, and if not, then likely it won't last that longf anyway.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

I predict that these sets will sell awfully in the US, considering that Ben 10 isn't very popular.

Are you serious? It is popular with kids. Stuff always sells out in Target and Wal-mart. :P

-Omi

I'm concerned about the minifigs...

If the rumors are true, there wont be any minifigs. :sadnew:

All I really see is a failure if there are no regular figures. It's alittle wierd to see someone else have green text.

What is this stuff I watched a few on utube they have some sort of counterpart ALIENFORCE which i do not understand but the dnaliens in lego would be cool

Cool. Will be good for sales, but I'm concerned about the minifigs...

-ZotS

Bionicle has no minifigs generally, and look how well that does.

-Omi

Ben 10 is still fairly popular in Aus. I reckon. Where I work people are always buying Ben 10 toys, bags, books and etc.

And hopefully the figs should be pretty cool :thumbup:

All I really see is a failure if there are no regular figures.

Yeah, and the upcoming live action movie probably wont help the sales of the sets either, considering how awful the last one was. :sceptic:

As for the quality of the sets, I'll try to stay open-minded until I actually see them.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'm not a Ben 10 fan, never have been, probably never will be, so this news doesn't really excite or interest me. However, I do hope that the theme will introduce some cool MOCing parts, in which case I could possible pick up a set or two.

-Nuju Metru

By the look of that trailer, there's barely any focus on aliens at all - just on riding motorbikes and Kevin's car.

BTW though - in real life Kevin's car is pretty friggin sweet :wub:

Edited by The Rancor

I think that's a 2009 Dodge Challenger. It is a nice car.

All I really see is a failure if there are no regular figures. It's alittle wierd to see someone else have green text.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the possibility of there not being normal minifigs. I don't know if it would cause it to fail, but it would be a catastrophe to me.

Bionicle has no minifigs generally, and look how well that does.

But that has a totally different attraction and building style. If this were made with normal bricks then there is a chance that it could bomb, partly because of a lack of "real" figs.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

Yeah, and the upcoming live action movie probably wont help the sales of the sets either, considering how awful the last one was. :sceptic:

As for the quality of the sets, I'll try to stay open-minded until I actually see them.

There was a last one?

I also agree, we should stay open minded until we see the sets :thumbup:

But that has a totally different attraction and building style.

And right now we don't know of Ben 10's attraction (that being kids anyways) and building style.

-Omi

I'm trying to stay open minded. PoP and the existing themes(Indy and SW) are making it hard to.

I'm not a Ben 10 fan, never have been, probably never will be, so this news doesn't really excite or interest me. However, I do hope that the theme will introduce some cool MOCing parts, in which case I could possible pick up a set or two.

-Nuju Metru

That would be really the only reason for me to buy anything if they don't have minifigs. :sceptic:

2009 Dodge Challenger, my dream car... :wub: