Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

For those who think that 7591, 7592, and 7595 are just minifigs in a box...
I think 7595 would be awesome if it was primarily minifigs in a box, IMO. ( :grin: Had to do it) That would make an extremely awesome Military Battle pack, even if it was Toy Story labeled.

I am still looking forward to this theme, and can't wait for it. I still think the minifigs are practically Neo-Fabuland wannabees, because of the big heads and odd new arms, plus all of the new unique pieces.

Does what? Use acronyms? Yeah, if you're around the Star Wars forums a lot, you have to deal with many relatively long names, so you get used to using acronyms. It's just easier, and usually everyone knows what it means. Besides, it's not like I/we use leet speak.

Thanks for backing me up, daxflame.

Sorry, that came out a liile wrong. I hate how people go " OMG!!!! ur sooooo cool! Brb!" a.k.a. talk in text. BTW, I'll probaly start using them more often.

In that whoever posted these made the set names up, that's how. :tongue: As salty_tbone pointed out, most of these don't sound like real set names. They lack the exciting terms. :wink:

I remember making that thread, it was fun! :laugh:

But you probably are right about the sets sounding fake, unless they are preliminary names...

I remember making that thread, it was fun! :laugh:

But you probably are right about the sets sounding fake, unless they are preliminary names...

Preliminary names??? :wacko: TLG should know about that issue. C'mon! It'd think they could be Duplo but are Duplo nubers very low and don't start around 6 and 7. Preliminary names are highly possible. I'm starting to womder if they are giving Indy a rest for the beginning of 2010 for PoP.

I think 7595 would be awesome if it was primarily minifigs in a box, IMO. ( :grin: Had to do it) That would make an extremely awesome Military Battle pack, even if it was Toy Story labeled.

I think Batbrick is right. Since everyone seems to think this way, TLG would be smart to put the army men into a large set. :tongue:

BTW, I'll probaly start using them more often.

Obviously. :grin:

And while you're at it, start learning how to spell "probably" right as well. You seem to have problems with that. :tongue:

I'm starting to womder if they are giving Indy a rest for the beginning of 2010 for PoP.

I think PoP might be part of the summer wave, considering it's based on a movie coming out in summer.

I think Batbrick is right. Since everyone seems to think this way, TLG would be smart to put the army men into a large set. :tongue:
That would be just plain cruel, although still smart. :tongue:
Obviously. :grin:

And while you're at it, start learning how to spell "probably" right as well. You seem to have problems with that. :tongue:

:laugh:

The pictures that we have seen originaly could be what the sets are like, after all the licence for Toy Story is most likely different than the Star Wars one and there could be sets with just minifigs, for all we know. As for the names, well im not liking how basic they are, hopefully they will change.

Obviously.

And while you're at it, start learning how to spell "probably" right as well. You seem to have problems with that.

Damn, I thought I got over that! Sinner pointed it out to me and I was fine up to now.

They sound okay now. I will decide when I see the final pictures.

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I'm really looking forward to seeing this new Toy Story set. The 3D toy story movie comes out in Oct and the hype should start :classic:

Not going to happen. After the lawsuit dealing with Star Wars and Hasbro I don't think any licenses will have Impulse sets.

yeh i know, although disney are a bit more...nice than hasbro and probably wouldn't see a problem with having them as an impulse. As long as there are some building parts in there.

Hasbro makes toys for Disney too...I doubt that we are getting any impulse sets anytime soon....

7595 - Green Toy Soldiers

If this list is real then this seems to be the only one worth buying. The set names sound made up though without words like chase or attack. :tongue:

Hasbro makes toys for Disney too...I doubt that we are getting any impulse sets anytime soon....

Aww, really? mm guess not then..

Although if they come with some sort of building kinda thing...just maybe :tongue:

I'm as excited as the next guy for this series but I wosh the minifigs weren't such a stretch from the normal minifig.

I doubt there will be Impulse sets, since no other licensed line gets them, but it wouldn't surprise me if we saw the usual assortment of keychains and magnet sets.

I am sooo looking forward to these sets. I love the movies and so do my kids and when I heard that Lego are making them into sets I was blown away. This is gonna be one of those things where I am going to be a completist! Buying every set!

I am sooo looking forward to these sets. I love the movies and so do my kids and when I heard that Lego are making them into sets I was blown away. This is gonna be one of those things where I am going to be a completist! Buying every set!

Same here! :sweet: This will be the first theme I will really collect!

Probably going to bulk purchase the army soldier set assuming its a cheap battlepack.

Toy Story was my favorite movie when I was small, and I dreamed of Toy Story Lego. 7 years later, it's happening.

I might get a set or two for old times sake, most likely one with Zurg and Buzz.

7593 Buzz' Star Command Spaceship sounds like it could be based on the cartoon with Buzz and his crew. (Also one of my favorites as a kid)

7593 Buzz' Star Command Spaceship sounds like it could be based on the cartoon with Buzz and his crew. (Also one of my favorites as a kid)

Oh yeah, I remember that cartoon! That was easily one of the best Disney-based TV shows the company has ever made, and miles better than the Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers crap they make now. I'd love to see a set of the ship from that cartoon, and maybe some more based off of it if the first one sells well. :thumbup: