Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 12

At this point, I think we'd better move on. Wasn't there one path that we didn't explore yet?

Excuse me? I'm sorry if you're in a hurry to go somewhere, but there's four people bleeding their larynxes out here! Can you at least help us tie our wounds? :cry_sad:

*Grabs my trucker jacket off the floor and rips some of it off into even strips*

Here, don't fret, Eleanor, I'll help :sweet:

*Lorraine stems the bleeding from Eleanor's throat and moves onto the others*

Oh, and Eleanor, dear... you're paying for a new jacket!

I know, I know, I was just saying, for later. Here, let me bandage that up...

Oh, and Eleanor, dear... you're paying for a new jacket!

Thank you, Lorraine! Of course I will, dear. :wub:

*mutters* ... As if we ever get out of this town alive. :hmpf_bad:

I know, I know, I was just saying, for later. Here, let me bandage that up...

Beat you too it! Ha!

Now go on, don't mind us or Eleanor's condition, like you'd care! :sadnew:

Aagh, my neck is all torn up! :sing: Does someone have a scarf or something I could use to patch this up? If not I can tear up my shirt.

Can we check the wooden knife, chisel, and saw blade to see if they're bloody? Examining them and the wounds on our necks, would we be able to tell if they match up?

Ah, hell with it, I guess I'll be the Florence Nightingale here!

*Using another strip of cloth from my jacket, I tie up the Mayor's wound*

There!

Now, who else?! :sadnew:

Jeez! Who has the dang rope? I'll start patting people down and wanding them 'less someone speaks up! :angry:

... If some of your faces are a bit... smelly, sorry. I think someone slipped me a laxative last night. :blush:

Now, who else?! :sadnew:

I'll take the rest of your jacket, if'n you please. :blush:

*smack!*

Ow... I'll just settle for some cloth, then...

Wild fennel... check. Garlic... check.... Onions and parsnips... check.

*thoughtfully runs fingers along Ruffy's bloodied corpse*

2:00 Steve Thomas returns from his "walk-about" to wake up Pete Smith for a shift change. While Steve begins shaking Pete to get him up, Schmelt wakes up and taps Arin on her shoulder. Shmelt whispers to her, "I have grits and cranberry vodka with me for a midnight picnic if my darling would like to partake". Arin turns around closing her eyes to say, "not know honey, I have a headache". Pete wakes and looks at a red-faced Schmelt, before Schmelt decides to just "quit while he's ahead".

:laugh:

2:16 - 3:00 Max, Steve Thomas, Mayor Brown, Eleanor, Hans, and Scruffy all sleeping near one another, awake to extreme pain. :oh: With their necks bleeding, one or more persons have attempted to cut their throats. Hans and Scruffy fall back to the floor where they now lay dead. Everyone wakes up looking around the room. A wood knife is found on the ground near Grill'n George, a small saw blade near David, and a sharp chissel near Arin. Max and Mayor Brown sustain 2 Life Point Damage. Steve and Eleanor receive 3 Life Point Damage. All of them are holding their necks while bleeding profusely.

So everyone note, david did not have his pin and has a saw blade lying close to him. The chisel is lying close to me and I didn't do anything. George has been suspicious since we got to this town so I suspect he might have tried to kill you all. I think we can safely say that the townies with their necks cut are not a threat to the trainies. Let's have a moment of silence for Hans and Scruffy and throw them down the stairs with the other rotting bodies bury them beside the mill and mark their graves. :cry_sad:

4:00 Arin says, "well, I was planning on heating some water to put Austin's finger in it, but then all this crap happened".

See.. this was what I did last night. I just though it would be funny to see the rich dude wet his pants. :laugh:

Trying to compare the wounds with the weapons that were discovered on the floor is rather difficult, as many of the weapons are in fact dull after years of cutting/use. No "exact matches" are discovered, but they all have blood on them.

The group takes Hans and Scruffy outside the mill where they conveniently find a few shovels leaning up against the wall. They dig a shallow grave, then a little deeper resting Hans and Scruffy inside. A few pieces of wood nearby serve as a makeshift grave marker.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! *HOLDS NECK* Gahhhhh......... i need a medic over here! :sing:

Oh...the bleeding stopped...thanks to whoever patched me up... :blush:

R.I.P. scruff&hans. :sadnew:

now whos the sonofabeotch(s?) who did this?! :hmpf_bad: *looks at killin' george*

A throat slitter? This must've been all from the same person. Blood makes me really squeamish but I know these wounds need pressure...I think. We have to stop the bleeding. Oh no! Ruffy!!! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

*freaks out deciding who to help and turns to Eleanor as she's making the most noise.

*removes his shirt and passes out from embarrassment.*

*wakes up and hands his shirt to Eleanor*

Please don't laugh at my third nipple. Wrap this around your neck. I can't think of what else to do. Oh! Oh! Wait!

*snatches shirt back*

*rips the sleeves off*

*rips the remaining part into four more pieces*

OK. That should be enough for everybody.

*passes out from stress*

*wakes up and hands his shirt to Eleanor*

Please don't laugh at my third nipple. Wrap this around your neck. I can't think of what else to do. Oh! Oh! Wait!

Ew, cover yourself up! I'm already patched up! :hmpf:

So it seems that all three blades were used to slash people's throats. I suspect Hans and Scruffy were cut with the sharpest saw blade, me and Steve with the chisel and Max and the Mayor with the wooden knife. I'm just not entirely convinced the potential murderers would sleep next to the murder weapon, so I think some people have been framed.

Damned be this accursed town! :angry:

Ew, cover yourself up! I'm already patched up! :hmpf:

:hmpf_bad: ungrateful, psychotic, wedding-dress-wearing...

:blush: Does anybody have an extra shirt?

*passes out again from stress*

Herman, you great lump of foolish, blubbery oh how I love you so much... er, nerd?

No? Okay then.

Right then, seeing as I've patched everybody up, the Florence-bloody-Nightingale I am, we need to think about who the killer is!

Hmmm... all of the weapons were bloody, but that doesn't mean all were used... The murderer could have cut himself with 2 of the weapons as a red herring!

Could George, Arin and David please roll up their sleeves and show their arms, for any signs of self-harm as to create such red herring?

Edited by AwesomeStar

So it seems that all three blades were used to slash people's throats. I suspect Hans and Scruffy were cut with the sharpest saw blade, me and Steve with the chisel and Max and the Mayor with the wooden knife. I'm just not entirely convinced the potential murderers would sleep next to the murder weapon, so I think some people have been framed.

Damned be this accursed town! :angry:

Funny, I was about to suggest that maybe some or all of the people next to knives have been framed. ? I think atleast 1 has been framed, unless theres 3 of them trying to kill us. :wacko:

:blush: Does anybody have an extra shirt?

*passes out again from stress*

Uhh I guess you could take my vest? :look:

Dammit, that really hurt! :angry:

When I find out who just did that, I'm going to kick your megablocks!

Are you others alright? Gee! It appears scruffy and Hans aren't. Who would kill an innocent talking dog? Sick people. Now, who is responsible for that? I'd like to look around for any traces of footprints in the dust where we were sleeping and compare them to people's shoes.

Max, somehow I doubt that checking shoeprints will work, seeing as a few of us have been trotting around on night-watch duty :sceptic:

Good point Lorraine. Perhaps we should examine to see if anyone (other than the victims) have blood on them or any of there possesions.

Good point Lorraine. Perhaps we should examine to see if anyone (other than the victims) have blood on them or any of there possesions.

My jacket has blood all over it, but thats because I used it to stem the bleeding :wink:

I still think those who had weapons near them should show us if they have any blood on them, possibly caused by said red herring?

Dear goodness! Oh my, oh my Texan riches! Are you guys all right? What a stupid question, anyone in particular need help?

So everyone note, david did not have his pin and has a saw blade lying close to him. The chisel is lying close to me and I didn't do anything. George has been suspicious since we got to this town so I suspect he might have tried to kill you all. I think we can safely say that the townies with their necks cut are not a threat to the trainies.

I'm agreein' with ya here Arin, I can't not suspect George past this point and though I certainly ain't a suspicious man I'll be sure ta keep a closer eye on 'im. Better yet, what say we tie him up?

See.. this was what I did last night. I just though it would be funny to see the rich dude wet his pants. :laugh:

Well I can certainly appreciate a mighty fine practical joke Arin, but I think this is not the time to think of laughing matters.

Again I repeat, can we please tie up George?

Again I repeat, can we please tie up George?

*shoots George in the leg, and I'm serious*

*shoots George in the leg, and I'm serious*

No, you're doing it wrong.

*shoots George in the head, and is serious*

*Mark looks around in horror at all the bloodshed*

qaStaH nuq jay!!? *huh*

Um... I don't suppose this would be a good time to suggest a card game? Or some breakfast? :grin:

:look:

I'll... ah... just be, um, over there. Let me know when the shooting stops.

*Mark dashes behind a workbench*