Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Where would you prefer to discuss Custom Pirate LEGO Mini-Figures?

Choose wisely!  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer to discuss Custom Pirate LEGO Mini-Figures?

• LEGO Pirates Forum
    • Minifig Customisation Workshop
    • Either forum is fine
    • Custom Mini-figures don't interest me
  2. 2. Which of those forums do you visit the most?

• LEGO Pirates Forum
    • Minifig Customisation Workshop
    • Neither of those forums/Don't care

Currently the Custom Pirate LEGO Mini-Figures are discussed in the Minifig Customisation Workshop

While this forum is a great asset to Eurobricks, the Classic-Pirates.com Crew is pondering whether the Pirate MOC Forum would a better place to discuss Custom Pirate Mini-figures.

So we’re curious to know where you would prefer.

Please vote in the above poll and share feedback, the more information you give us, the better we can tailor to your needs.

Eurobricks staff may click here to view the planning thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some additional information to explain why we’re asking:

Why is the Pirate MOC Forum a better place?

Classic-Pirates.com Crew is dreaming up some wonderful events which involve custom Pirate mini-figures, but problem is the mini-figure discussion takes place outside the Pirate Forum.

Why is that a problem?

The Classic-Pirates.com Crew has worked very hard to build an online Pirate LEGO community united under the one banner. So if you’ve been Classic-Pirates.com itself, the LEGO Pirates, the MySpace Profile, Twitter Profile, etc. you’ll notice they all have a similar design theme with consistent Classic-Pirates.com branding.

Problem is, when you send people outside of the Pirates Forum it’s like stepping outside Classic-Pirates.com. From a marketing perspective identity cohesion is extremely important, particularly when running a promotion or event. But if we send people to a forum without the Classic-Pirates.com branding it somewhat undermines the promotion. Same happens when we want to frontpage Custom Pirate Mini-Figures.

Does that really matter?

We are now at a point in time where planning and future direction is critical. We have new SYSTEM Pirate sets for the first time in a decade, we have our first LEGO Ambassador and we have a website averaging over 11,000 unique visitors per month. While this is a great achievement, we want to keep building upon our success and pushing new boundaries. It also takes more resources and coordination to monitor discussion outside the Pirate Forum, not to mention, those who only wish to discuss Pirates cannot chose whether their level of involved. I.e. if they only want to be involved in Classic-Pirates.com or the entirety of Eurobricks.

What impact would it have on the Minifig Customisation Workshop?

There would be a couple less threads in the Workshop, but at present you will observe we don’t have much Pirate Mini-Figure customization activity anyway. Interesting to note, prior to the Minifig Customisation Workshop there was more threads involving Pirate Minifig Customisation.

Obviously this has changed, perhaps because there is less interest in Pirate Mini-Figure customization at Eurobricks or maybe the Minifig Workshop doesn’t motivate Pirate Mini-figure customizes. We’ll let you decide.

So if the majority votes “Pirate MOC Forum” will the discussion be relocated?

Not necessarily, this poll should only be considered as preliminary research but your input is very much appreciated!

It is really important to express your thoughts people, also for our Ambassador program, so please state your voices!

I don't like costimzation. But I do admire people who do.

If it's a pirates relavent custom, it should be posted in Pirates MOC forum

I feel the same way too. ~LW 8~

I feel the same way as the fellars above. I want the pirate custom stuff to come my beloved pirate forum.

It seems we're 4 votes shy and I could have sworn somebody voted for "Either forum is fine"

I.e. the total votes is 25 but the poll choices each add up to 21.

So has anybody edited the first post of this thread? Sometimes doing this causes the votes to reset to zero which seems to be a very annoying bug in the forum.

I think the best place is the pirate MOC forum is the best place. minifigures can be just as interesting as other MOC's. I think a frontpage with Louis XIV or something like that won't cause less visitors. And you can always just put other MOC's (non-minifig) on the frontpage and leave the minifig's just on the forum itself. Something like that :pir-classic:

I think the best place is the pirate MOC forum is the best place. minifigures can be just as interesting as other MOC's. I think a frontpage with Louis XIV or something like that won't cause less visitors. And you can always just put other MOC's (non-minifig) on the frontpage and leave the minifig's just on the forum itself. Something like that :pir-classic:

No, as you said, minifigures are just as interesting as MOCs, so there is no for custom minifigs to not have a place on Classic-Pirates.com, after all, we cater for everything LEGO Pirates! :pir-classic:

The Pirate Forum is winning by a landslide - wonder what will happen when we move this thread to the Mini-Figure Customisation Workshop.

The Pirate Forum is winning by a landslide - wonder what will happen when we move this thread to the Mini-Figure Customisation Workshop.

I think the best would be a "link" between these two entries. Why?

In principle pirate Minifig MOCs are most interesting for the pirate audience. On the other hand the Miniig builders would be interested in some customization techniques.

If I had to choice between either the one or the other the Pirate Forum would be my favorite.

I'm sure that many great Pirate scenes would be lost when only placed in the Customization Forum. Let's give an example: The customizations of Michael Evans and his empire proposal is great. I wonder how many Pirate/Army lovers woul not have seen it when only placed in the Customization forum.

Woody64

I think the best would be a "link" between these two entries. Why?

We could indeed link them. I.e. create the thread in the Minifigure Customisation Workshop and then move it to the Pirate MOC Sub-Forum. That would indeed link directly to the thread in both forums, however it would require additional effort every time a thread is created.

I'm sure that many great Pirate scenes would be lost when only placed in the Customization Forum. Let's give an example: The customizations of Michael Evans and his empire proposal is great. I wonder how many Pirate/Army lovers woul not have seen it when only placed in the Customization forum.

Yeah, you're right. I have no idea what you're referring to!

If I had to choice between either the one or the other the Pirate Forum would be my favorite.

You're one of the all time great Pirate Minifigure customizers, so if the Pirate forum is your favourite that's saying something.