achris

Ben 10 discussion thread

i prefer the return of BATMAN, rather than that weird license

Oh Lord you just got me thinking about how cool Batman: Brave and the Bold sets would be. So much potential.

Oh Lord you just got me thinking about how cool Batman: Brave and the Bold sets would be. So much potential.

Oh that would be brilliant! And allow me to expand on my DC universe as well

By the way, I love your avatar as well.

to the Batbrickmobile! :devil:

As I see it, we have two options for a theme here- We could have normal minifig sets that have a few brickbuilt things such as spaceships, the RV maybe, or Kevin's car. But then there are Ben's aliens, which are the focal point of the show. I'm not sure how TLC could make the aliens into minifigs, but after seeing the new Space Police aliens I think it might be possible. However, it would still be very limited on what you could do with them, as many have multiple arms, wings, tails, and so on that you just can't do on a minifig.

The other option is, of course, Galidor-ish sets, which seems the most likely to me. This way, Lego can do a better job with the aliens, and be able to produce the proportions better.

I'd prefer to see standard minifig-sized sets, but seeing as the show is based entirely on oddly-proportioned alien superheroes/monsters, I can't see how TLC could pull of a decent copy of them.

I've seen the show too, and it's not bad- exponentially better than most of the terrible garbage that Cartoon Network usually has, and is right up there with Clone Wars, Batman, and another new show, Secret Saturdays.

I feel that the lego company could easily create the multiple arm, just look at the minifig of Doctor Ock from spiderman 2

I feel that the lego company could easily create the multiple arm, just look at the minifig of Doctor Ock from spiderman 2

Yeah, but it wasn't supposed to look natural. When they do four-arms, it will need to look natural

Yeah, but it wasn't supposed to look natural. When they do four-arms, it will need to look natural

He seems taller so they will probaly do something like Hagrid but with four arms or add two extra holes to a minifig torso. Isn't that what you wanted as your sig? Some four armed fig?

He seems taller so they will probaly do something like Hagrid but with four arms or add two extra holes to a minifig torso. Isn't that what you wanted as your sig? Some four armed fig?

Yeah, I have been wanting a sigfig with four(or more) arms. The Unique torso like Hagrid's would be a good way to do it.

Good point. If they do Four-arms in minifig scale, they'll have to do something like they did with Frenzy.

Either way, there's not much point in speculating any further about this IMO since A) we don't even know if these are gonna be minifig scale yet, and B) it is said that the sets will be based on Alien Force, and Four-arms doesn't appear in that show. :wink:

Good point. If they do Four-arms in minifig scale, they'll have to do something like they did with Frenzy.

Either way, there's not much point in speculating any further about this IMO since A) we don't even know if these are gonna be minifig scale yet, and B) it is said that the sets will be based on Alien Force, and Four-arms doesn't appear in that show. :wink:

But an alien of the same species did.

If they wanted to do four arms they could make something like the dexter minifig from star wars on the Lego star wars game.(the first one in the cantina)

Something I think would be cool is lately Cartoon network has been been showing "Teen titans" regularly for the first time in about a year and if Lego already has two Cartoon network licenses would'nt a teen titans theme be neat? It probably wont happen but I think if it was done right it would be awesome. :sweet:

Something I think would be cool is lately Cartoon network has been been showing "Teen titans" regularly for the first time in about a year and if Lego already has two Cartoon network licenses would'nt a teen titans theme be neat? It probably wont happen but I think if it was done right it would be awesome. :sweet:

Well, they've already done Robin, so it might be a good way to appease the Batman fans [especially if we got a Mad Hatter fig or someone like that] as well as draw in more kids. Plus I would kill for a dark blue hood from a potential Raven fig.

Well, they've already done Robin, so it might be a good way to appease the Batman fans [especially if we got a Mad Hatter fig or someone like that] as well as draw in more kids. Plus I would kill for a dark blue hood from a potential Raven fig.

Imagine how cool a red X fig would be! The minifig head for him would be awesome!

Something I think would be cool is lately Cartoon network has been been showing "Teen titans" regularly for the first time in about a year and if Lego already has two Cartoon network licenses would'nt a teen titans theme be neat?

It sure would! I would love a Cyborg fig! But Teen Titans is a dead show. I don't think kids even remember it anymore. So dream on. :sceptic:

But wait - two CN licenses? What are you talking about? :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yeah but these days, Lego can do anything.

-Omi

They have? Where do you live? I haven't seen teen titans in a long time.

I have a rather good opinion on this because it could be turn out to be a nice theme or not but with aliens in the theme, it could be ok.

Pros

Lots of new aliens

Maybe a few good vehicles

New figures

Probably a few new parts

A myself am very glad that lego are doing a lot of licensed themes.

It sure would! I would love a Cyborg fig! But Teen Titans is a dead show. I don't think kids even remember it anymore. So dream on. :sceptic:

But wait - two CN licenses? What are you talking about? :look:

Well where I live Teen Titans is on every day! And Doesn't Clone wars count as a cartoon network license? General: I live in Missouri USA.

I'm just hoping for some new fleshie faces and cool torso's. Other than that, not really interested in this theme as a collector.

Wait a second, if it's based on the "Ben 10: Alien Force" series, that means no original Ben 10 sets. Meaning... no RV... :cry_sad:

Nonsense. The RV was featured in the newer series as well. I can see TLG will probably want to create a set of the massive teleport arch portal-thing at the end of the current Ben 10 Alien Force season/series and it should be easy to get lots of DNAlien moulded heads, which may come in handy!

Well where I live Teen Titans is on every day!

I often see the original Star Trek series on TV as well, but that doesn't mean we'll get sets from it. :tongue:

In other words: Reruns don't count!

Doesn't Clone wars count as a cartoon network license? General: I live in Missouri USA.

Er, no. It's not an original CN series. CW is made by LucasAnimation, Lucasfilm's own animation studio. CN only has the privilege of airing it. :wink:

Nonsense. The RV was featured in the newer series as well.

Yes, but only for an eighth of an episode, during which it was only parked. I highly doubt they'll make a set off of that. :hmpf:

Besides, I still have the feeling these wont be minifig scale.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yes, but only for an eighth of an episode, during which it was only parked. I highly doubt they'll make a set off of that. :hmpf:

There was an episode called 'Kevin's Big Score' where the RV played a huge part. It was used as a bargaining tool for Kevin to get Alien tech from some human sized rat person, but Kevin was left whilst the Rat-Guy got away in the truck, until he was caught again. I would say the RV is worth at least 50% of the plot of that episode. TLG couldn't miss out on an opportunmity like that.

Oh yeah, forgot about that episode. Well, I suppose they could make a set off of that ep. It would be awesome getting a fig of the rat guy. :thumbup:

But, again, that's just assuming the sets are minifig scale.