Sign in to follow this  
mediaprobe

New old Bluecoats!

For all those that missed bluecoats :pir_bawling:

Well...

vintageminifigs3.jpg

They are back in the 3rd minifigure collection! :pir-classic:

Source? my local lego shop :pir-blush: :pir-skull:

Lets hope this hasn't already been said... I'm new!

The other hint that blue coats may return was in the LEGO Battles Trailer.

Edited by Mister Phes
Giving this thread a better direction to encourage discussion

im sure i have seen this somewhere.... :pir-sceptic:

Edit: Beat to the post!

Edited by MrTools

Already been posted. :pir-wink:

Indeed it has! But it seems we don't have a thread for this in the Pirate Forum so I won't merge them.

Does anybody think this may be another hint an updated blue coat sub-theme will appear in the future? We saw them in the LEGO Battles Trailer.

Indeed it has! But it seems we don't have a thread for this in the Pirate Forum so I won't merge them.

Does anybody think this may be another hint blue coats will return in the future? We saw them in the LEGO Battles Trailer.

Maybe, but definetly NOT the old ones... most likely reverse versions of the new ones. ( Just think of what appeals to kids. Lego scrapped man vs man for trolls Etc. in castle and who knows if they will return? Some things wont happen, i mean red and blue were seprate, and lego has not done imp V imp. weel have to wait and see...

Does anybody think this may be another hint blue coats will return in the future? We saw them in the LEGO Battles Trailer.

I doubt it. Lego would make a new torso for them like they did with the red coats, and the bluecoat has the old torso in the vintage minifigure collection. Besides, I think just the redcoats and pirates is selling well for the kids. Add in bluecoats and it would probably confuse them of who's the bad guy and good guy and all that. I think this is just Lego's way of saying, you got Lego pirates back and now you want blucoats too. (Which is a reasonable request) So they stuck a bluecoat in the 3rd VMC for all of those who missed out on the original pirates and wants a bluecoat. It's for the adults, besides, how many children do you know who point a VMC out in the magazine and put it on their wishlist. Lego even put the VMC on the order page in last year's Christmas catalog, which every child skips over. OK, so after all of that ranting, I'm not saying that I do not want bluecoats, in fact I would love to own an entire army of new, redesigned ones. I'm just saying that they won't come out this year. Hopefully next year though. :pir-classic: Hope that all made sense. By the way, VMC stands for Vintage Minifigure collection, in case you were wondering.

I doubt it. Lego would make a new torso for them like they did with the red coats

That's actually what I meant, it wouldn't seem logical to reintroduce the old torso given the style of torso in modern sets has changed significantly over the past 20 years.

I think this is just Lego's way of saying, you got Lego pirates back and now you want blucoats too. (Which is a reasonable request)

Well we're the consumers, so if the LEGO Group doesn't manufacture products that we want to purchase then their business won't be as profitable. But apparently, AFOLs only represent a small perfectage of the overall LEGO cosumers anyway, though I'm curious how far into the future this may extend.

Nonetheless, there is always a possiblility for a blue coat themed Shop@Home exclusive aimed specifically at AFOLs, and now that we have a LEGO Ambassador to relay information back to the LEGO Group, it's not something we should overrule completely.

Its not a sign at all.

The Lego company added the Blue Coat to the collection because it is was so important/popular, and yes, I think we will see some new Blue Coats in about 2 years.

Nonetheless, there is always a possiblility for a blue coat themed Shop@Home exclusive aimed specifically at AFOLs

I agree 100%, if we don't see any in the regular shelf sets.

The Lego company is not going to let Blue Coats slide just like that. They are WAYYYY to popular and profitable to ignore

Edited by Ratshot

These days everything is a "clue". Clues for elves; clues for a new monorail; clues for bluecoats. While I think it's possible that LEGO might introduce bluecoats next year, I certainly don't see the classic minifig packs as being a clue. It certainly isn't a clue for the return of the Black Falcons, Western or Classic Space.

These days everything is a "clue".

Yeah, its all the Davinci Code's fault - ever since that became popular people are over speculating everything and seeing things where there is really nothing at all :pir-grin:

Just as likely as the return of the Black Falcons and Cavalry. :pir_laugh2:

Seriously, it isn't likely. They've already upped the standards for pirate minifigs with double-sided torsos and the printed shakos, so we'll never see a simple figure like this return, as much as we wish they would.

If pirates continues into 2010, I do expect a new faction and bluecoats would work fine for that, but I think they would definitely match the new ones as said earlier.

When I asked the question "Is this a hint the blue coats might return?" I wasn't referring to the original blue coat mini-figures. I meant an updated blue coat sub-theme, with updated torso designs, similiar to what's been done with the red coats.

So now everybody can stop writing "the old blue coats will never return" because that's not what I was actually asking!

I meant an updated blue coat sub-theme, with updated torso designs, similiar to what's been done with the red coats.

Like in the lego battles trailer. But it may have been like that so the little kids :jollyroger: won't get confused by whos who

But they put in the guy with redcoats in the new fort...

But he did have a red stripe...

I anwser my own questions dont I? :pir_wacko:

Edited by mediaprobe

I think that the saber in the Indiana Jones set proved that pirate was coming back. I think the updated blue coats in the LEGO battles trailer is also proving that updated blue coats will be back as well.

But they put in the guy with redcoats in the new fort... But he did have a red stripe... I anwser my own questions dont I? :pir_wacko:

According to the LEGO Battles game that mini-figure is Broadside. So what if this proves the red coats and blue coats are the same facton, just different divisions? I.e. Red = marines. Blue = Navy.

LEGO_battles4_smaller.jpg

According to the LEGO Battles game that mini-figure is Broadside. So what if this proves the red coats and blue coats are the same facton, just different divisions? I.e. Red = marines. Blue = Navy.

And you mention that right before the start of the "1st Annual Redcoat vs. Bluecoat Tournament of Retribution"? An army fighting another division of the same army... :pir-tongue:

And you mention that right before the start of the "1st Annual Redcoat vs. Bluecoat Tournament of Retribution"? An army fighting another division of the same army... :pir-tongue:

Yes, a good old civil war right here in our Pirate Forum!

Who has obviously been promoted...

He was Governor Broadside in the original Pirate theme and it appears he's still Governor Broadside in the new new Pirate theme. Only his uniform has been updated, which is to be expected because fashion does tend to change over the decades.

This all looks promising, and I am quite certain the bluecoats will return at some point, but I'm rather afraid they will be new-styled (and double-torso printed :pir-wub: )

He was Governor Broadside in the original Pirate theme and it appears he's still Governor Broadside in the new new Pirate theme. Only his uniform has been updated, which is to be expected because fashion does tend to change over the decades.

... and he's gone gray, which also tends to happen with the passage of time.

Yes, indeed you are correct Rick - and his facial hair appears to somewhat unkempt compared to 20 years ago.