legoblockman

Chrome gold C-3PO minifig Pen?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I was at Legoland Windsor last week and i went to the shop first. I noticed a pen with a chrome gold C-3PO minifigure in the middle. it was £9, so I decided i would buy it whenever i was leaving legoland. But then I completely forgot about it! So when i got home I online to try and buy it somewhere but i couldn't find it anywhere! Does anyone know where I could find one of these pens online?

I also noticed the Golden minifig keychains in the shop, you know the ones you have to spend £60 to get one free? They were £3.50 at Legoland!

Hmmm. I've never seen it before. However, the minifigures in the pens are not real figures at all...

Hmmm. I've never seen it before. However, the minifigures in the pens are not real figures at all...
And they're also made in China, and the leg and hips assembly is just one mold.

But was the figure really CHROME gold, or pearl gold?

Edited by ILikePi

You could try to look for them on Ebay, although I've never heard of pens like the ones you described.

I was at a LEGO store last week, and they had pearl gold C-3PO pens, but no chrome ones.

OFF TOPIC: They also had a watch that came with Obi-Wan from the Death Star, but it was $20 :hmpf_bad: .

I think legoblockman is mistaken about seeing a chrome gold C-3P0 pen. Chrome gold C-3P0s were given away randomly in a select number of sets a few years ago, and are now worth quite a lot. :wink: I think you most likely saw a pearl gold (ordinary) pen.

It was definately CHROME gold. I even compared it to the chrome gold minifig keychain and it was the same colour. It looked like the promo ones apart from the legs, but the head looked quite small.

Did it look anything like this one?

lego1711_boxfront.jpg

No, the colours were a lot different, but it had the thing were you can take bits off it or add bits on. It had the Clone Wars packaging though, like the yoda pen.

I saw the chrome C3P0 pen when I was in Günzburg and my advice is "Stay away from it"

It's one mold and not even close to the regular figs.

The pens are made in China by the same company that does the magnets and they're bad - a mix of parts from Denmark and crappy parts from china. - The Rebel pilot is a strange orange with an odd flesh coloured head with bad printing and the Emperor's guard is the wrong red, except for the hood which is the regular red colour and quality.

I even saw the Yoda pen and Yoda's head had turned blue from sun damage.

"Don't do it"

"Don't do it"

I don't see what the fuss about all of these pens are. So what if they are made in CHina. The plastics the same, the moulds are the same and they are licensed by LEGO. For all intents and purposes these are LEGO products.

I don't see what the fuss about all of these pens are. So what if they are made in CHina. The plastics the same, the moulds are the same and they are licensed by LEGO. For all intents and purposes these are LEGO products.

Sadly the newer China pens are far from the same quality. I am going to legoland in Denmark tomorrow.

Perhaps I should buy a few of those crap pens and show the difference.

Are there any pics of this chrome pen on Brickset? Thanks for clearing this up KimT :classic:. Looking formward to a comparison if you get any of these pens.

Are there any pics of this chrome pen on Brickset? Thanks for clearing this up KimT :classic:. Looking formward to a comparison if you get any of these pens.

I looked on brickset and couldn't see it there.

I hate to dig up old threads, but i saw a Chrome 3PO pen today. $15 NZ. I got pics on my phone but i don't know how to upload them. I might try get some real pics in the next few days. The fact it's chrome gold is intresting though... I wonder if they're worth much?

I hate to dig up old threads, but i saw a Chrome 3PO pen today. $15 NZ. I got pics on my phone but i don't know how to upload them. I might try get some real pics in the next few days. The fact it's chrome gold is intresting though... I wonder if they're worth much?

Close to nothing.

The problem is that they're not even minifigs at all.

The entire fig looks like it's one cast and the legs are not moveable.

Plus the fact that there's a hole all the way through :laugh:

And they tend to loose the colour very fast - chinese plastic :sick:

The pens are made in China by the same company that does the magnets and they're bad - a mix of parts from Denmark and crappy parts from china. - The Rebel pilot is a strange orange with an odd flesh coloured head with bad printing and the Emperor's guard is the wrong red, except for the hood which is the regular red colour and quality.

Sorry to get back on you here, but the magnet figs are also "a mix of parts from Denmark and crappy parts from china". I heard some rumours but no facts and reliable people like you disclaiming them. I have the CW by myself and found it rather perfect, even with Mace having a slightly different print.

Are there anywhere photos to show the difference? I really wanted to get some for especially pilots. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for being off topic and late.

Let see if this fine picture by menq can't show how horrible the mix of China & Danish parts is:

mfnl-royal-dr-f.pngmfnl-royal-rh-f.png

The torso and legs are Chinese and the headgear is Danish.

Pretty ugly, eh?

Especially when compared to the right version which is the original minifig from regular Star Wars sets.

I'm guessing from the pic and the auction description that this is the Chrome C3P0 from this pen ... it looks AWFUL! The legs are one piece ... I hope no-one falls for this.

Auction Link ... £39.99!!!

That's pathetic. I really hope no poor sucker buys it, only to find scraping Chrome, crappy quality, and immobile legs.

I really hate those pens. They're deceptive and awful. At least the new magnets are great, regardless that one of my Royal Guards has a trans-red glowy torso! :tongue:

So i'm thinking of buying the magnet set with Dooku and Mace. what i'm wondering is, is the plastic for the magnets bad or is it just the other things like the keychain or pen?