Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder On the Emerald Express: Chapter 11

It's probably Greaseman, he seems interested in touching anything with a pulse. :laugh:

You overestimate my standards. :devil:

His hand is probably the one on my thigh... :look:

I wondered where that hand had gotten to... :grin:

Walking through the dark tunnel, feeling the walls, and talking about D&D, the group eventually sees a light at the end and quickly picks up their pace. The tunnel opens back up to the forest where the fading sun can be seen in the distance. Walking for another 10-15 minutes, the group reaches another fork in the track. The track leads in the same direction; Southeast, and another track branches off to the East/Northeast direction.

Snitchman gets the urge to look at the switchtrack lever realizing that it is rather rusted, although it looks like it had been recently moved (and now the track leads toward the SE direction).

So, since now we've set the rails to the direction that Jennifer wanted us to set them, we should follow where the switch plate is leading us, right?

So, since now we've set the rails to the direction that Jennifer wanted us to set them, we should follow where the switch plate is leading us, right?

Well maybe we should go the other way first and then come back...

I think this might be switch seven. I'd like to manually pull the switch over too the other position, and if nothing happens, I'd like to switch it back.

How's about we go northwest first again?

How's about we go northwest first again?

I don't think Northwest has ever really been an option. But I agree that we should go east first, and then continue back southeast.

I think this might be switch seven. I'd like to manually pull the switch over too the other position, and if nothing happens, I'd like to switch it back.

Strangely, the switch track is locked into position. It does not budge despite efforts to push and pull it the opposite direction.

Strangely, the switch track is locked into position. It does not budge despite efforts to push and pull it the opposite direction.

I'd like to check the actual track to see if there is anything blocking the track from being switched.

I would like to use my train engineering skills to think about how the switch is built and check each part of the device to see what could be topping it from moving.

I think the switch tower blew out, which means that we've got to leave the tracks as they are. The gnomes will be very displeased if you try to force the tracks to move again, the tracks told me so.

I'd like to go Southeast, even if these bums don't want to follow me.

Oh please, won't someone think of the children!?! :sing:

What's that? Oh nothing, I'm just mumbling to myself. :blush:

After we've finished checking out this switch, I think we should go north-east first, and force Howard to walk in front. I'm trying to figure out why he is so worried about going up that track...

I'm trying to figure out why he is so worried about going up that track...

I believe Jethro is a town council member, but Howard is getting more suspicious as well. He's always trying to keep suspicion away from himself about the council and trying to list others as potential threats. Perhaps that is his tactic: set himself against the town council so we don't suspect him. Man, what a bunch of loons. I'd rather hang out with gnomes, you know? :laugh:

Well, if we've definitely excluded this as an escape route, and there doesn't seem to be anything else of interest, we should press on.

Perhaps I should leave a trail of M&Ms so we can always work our way backwards... :look:

I'd rather hang out with gnomes, you know? :laugh:

Totally, gnomes are way cool. :laugh:

Perhaps I should leave a trail of M&Ms so we can always work our way backwards... :look:

I'd rather not eat them off the ground, thanks. :blush:

I'd been trying but there's some pony keeps eating them. :sceptic:

Yeah, that way we can find our way if the tracks disappear. :look:

I wonder if we cannot move the tracks because they're broken, or because it's only possible from the switch tower. I'd like to check the track with the others to make sure it isn't sabotaged in some way, causing it to stay stuck. I'm fine with going Southeast then.

Onward Southeast!

This seems to be switch 7, the one that was broken at the switch tower. Maybe Jennifer is trying to point us in a direction to find clues about where she has been or where she was going from the grave (or freezer, wherever she is).

I believe Jethro is a town council member, but Howard is getting more suspicious as well. He's always trying to keep suspicion away from himself about the council and trying to list others as potential threats. Perhaps that is his tactic: set himself against the town council so we don't suspect him. Man, what a bunch of loons. I'd rather hang out with gnomes, you know? :laugh:

That's just it- he's acting like he's suspicious, but why is he making it so obvious? Last time I checked, manipulation and name-calling was what evil-doers do, but not giving themselves away. It's almost like he's trying to throw suspicion on himself as well as on the town council.

Upon further inspection of the switch, it is definately only movable through electronic means.

avdavid.jpg

Yes - I remember when Willoughby purchased these antiquated switch systems. They were tied to the master control system not allowing manual override. Due to safety reasons, many of them had been replaced years ago, but Willoughby ran out of money long before we were able to retro-fit all of them. I trust many of these switches are in the same order.

Upon further inspection of the switch, it is definately only movable through electronic means.

avdavid.jpg

Yes - I remember when Willoughby purchased these antiquated switch systems. They were tied to the master control system not allowing manual override. Due to safety reasons, many of them had been replaced years ago, but Willoughby ran out of money long before we were able to retro-fit all of them. I trust many of these switches are in the same order.

If many were retrofitted, was this one? Or did someone already answer that?

"The Bedouin monks of the Al Maghreb mountains developed a system of sonic chanting. The sound of their chanting would bounce back off any obstacles, and using their highly tuned ears they could paint a mental picture of the path ahead. However, you must always sing in E-flat."

*Not in-story* Haha! Bravo for this reference sir! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*Instory* This switch is a might bit interesting to be sure, but maybe the mysteries could be revealed up on ta Southeast tunnel? I'm frankly all for it, ain't got no reason ta be afraid, least me anyway, I deserve to die. Besides, longer we stay in one spot, more likely we get bad luck dumped on us.

This switch is a might bit interesting to be sure, but maybe the mysteries could be revealed up on ta Southeast tunnel? I'm frankly all for it, ain't got no reason ta be afraid, least me anyway, I deserve to die. Besides, longer we stay in one spot, more likely we get bad luck dumped on us.

Ok, I'm all for Southeast. Let's go. :classic:

Yes, onward southeast it is, and be on the lookout for any x's or johnson rods or local stereotypes looking to impede our progress *looks over at Jethro* :sceptic:

Maybe we could Electric boogaloo the switch to work. I saw that once in an in flight movie, Ali G I think, surely that would work.

These guys seem to have all five points lined up

Ok Bulldog is faithfully following the mob along the track. Hmmm M+Ms yum