Dr. Steve

Any Idea When the Next Pirate Sets will be announced?

Speaking as an American, we don't have a very well defined understanding of the regional differences within our own country. Stereo types of east coasters, northerners, southerners, west, south west, north west, you could write a whole book on Texas stereo types. It never surprises me that we embrace stereo types of the rest of the world.

Why do americans portray the british as evil? I mean, i'm canadian, and you invaded us in 1812. And we never call you evil. Sorry i'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just stayting something that bugs me

Speaking as an American from Massachusetts I do not think of the British as evil. I live an hour from Boston, and 45 min. from Lexington and Concord and have been to the historic revolutionary war sights many times. Despite the revolutionary war I think of the British as allies after we both fought on the same side during WWI and WWII. My family is also from Ireland, which has a reputation of hating the British for various reasons. I am the 4th generation of my family in the United States and I believe that over time prejudices that my family brought from Ireland have faded into nothing. I don't believe you can judge the people of a country or group by their governments actions like "Those Communist Russians" because may people have different views from their government.

Back On Topic:

I think that we will see some pictures from the new line very soon and that they will be avalible in October.

Yeah, but some americans can be so ingnorant calling us communists, and thinking we live in igloos

You don't live in Igloos???

LOL...Just Kidding

its usually 4-6 months before they're released and last christmas i didnt no about the pirates(cuz i didnt use eurobricks,classicpirates,brickset, nothing like that) and i saw them when my parents took me to a lego store early december. i think it was the first week in december cuz we dont do much the week after thanksgiving(idk y...). so pretty much we'll here about them sometime between late July and late september i think.(cuz our SUPPOSED TO BE august sets like PowerMiners and Castle and agents 2.0 were released in may((4 months after we heard about them)) so give it time. we'll hear either next month(i hope) or 4 months from now. I PREDICT it will be september when they're announced because current sets were announced in febuary. 4 months later they're released.(the sets im talking about are not indy,SW, etc.) so maybe all their non-licensed sets are announced 4 months before hand. ALSO... not sure im completely correct on this idea but i notice that lego doesnt hav any big events later in the year(like brickcon,brickfair,etc.) and i think THAT is why we didnt have much warning last year. because lego didnt have away to let us know. maybe they want christmas and january sets to be secretive becuase its christmas and it just dont feel like christmas when you take a 4 hr trip to the lego store far away from (u so u dont have to pay shipping and u can get one of those giant shopping bags:D) to see a magnifficent lego set you didnt expect to see so u can look over that box so much that its just the most exciting thing. its just not so christmasy and special, like that special feeling u get around christmas in your stomach. its not the same when you've known since july. THAT is my opinion.

I WRITE ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT^

(i do alot of time thinking about this stuff:D)

its usually 4-6 months before they're released and last christmas i didnt no about the pirates(cuz i didnt use eurobricks,classicpirates,brickset, nothing like that) and i saw them when my parents took me to a lego store early december. i think it was the first week in december cuz we dont do much the week after thanksgiving(idk y...). so pretty much we'll here about them sometime between late July and late september i think.(cuz our SUPPOSED TO BE august sets like PowerMiners and Castle and agents 2.0 were released in may((4 months after we heard about them)) so give it time. we'll hear either next month(i hope) or 4 months from now. I PREDICT it will be september when they're announced because current sets were announced in febuary. 4 months later they're released.(the sets im talking about are not indy,SW, etc.) so maybe all their non-licensed sets are announced 4 months before hand. ALSO... not sure im completely correct on this idea but i notice that lego doesnt hav any big events later in the year(like brickcon,brickfair,etc.) and i think THAT is why we didnt have much warning last year. because lego didnt have away to let us know. maybe they want christmas and january sets to be secretive becuase its christmas and it just dont feel like christmas when you take a 4 hr trip to the lego store far away from (u so u dont have to pay shipping and u can get one of those giant shopping bags:D) to see a magnifficent lego set you didnt expect to see so u can look over that box so much that its just the most exciting thing. its just not so christmasy and special, like that special feeling u get around christmas in your stomach. its not the same when you've known since july. THAT is my opinion.

I WRITE ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT^

(i do alot of time thinking about this stuff:D)

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Speaking as an American from Massachusetts I do not think of the British as evil.

Speaking as someone whose head of state is the Queen of England I think the British are very evil :jollyroger:

But a few more decent red coat sets would be quite pleasing!

This thread is a bit off topic aint it?

This topic is getting obscenely off subject. There isn't a single country in the world that doesn't stereotype others.

Stereotyping is in our blood. Everyone stereotypes, its just like the fact that there isn't a single person in the world who is not prejudice. As horrible of a thing that prejudice is, everyone has it, as minuscule or grand as it may be. Speaking on the behalf of being born in America to a Cuban family tracing back to Spain, I do not see the British as evil. I see Britain as loyal allies as we've fought side by side in WWI and WWII. Of course there is the whole... Revolutionary War deal but a countries gaining independence isn't a sin, its natural. That war also happened in the 18th century, and we're currently in the 21st.

Today America is seen as the scum of the Earth, and some countries disrespect Americans as a whole when the things we do that anger others isn't the entire country's fault, bu the old men up in management.

I myself respect Britain and other countries, even though I may not agree with how things are done in other places, that's just my upbringing.

The world is divided by land and ocean, but the human race should not be divided as such. We aren't Americans, Europeans, South Americans, Canadians, Africans, Scandinavians, French, Asian, Chinese, Japanese, etc., we're simply human, and if the divisions that society places on the world have never existed, we could have colonized planets by now.

That's just the opinion of a simple college freshman.

Agree or disagree, there's my two-cents.

Edited by Chiles

I Would like to stay with red coats, but the blue underneath annoys me, as it cant be used for later redcoat MOCs (brit empire)

I Would like to stay with red coats, but the blue underneath annoys me, as it cant be used for later redcoat MOCs (brit empire)

Redcoats DID wear blue underneath the red coats in some regements, other times they wore white. Look:

Grenadier_21st_Regiment.jpg

I think that we will see and hear about the 2010 pirate sets by August, and they'll start popping up in various TRU's amd Lego stores by October. We'll get our first reviews of the set in November, and they will be everywhere by december, if that is when they are to come.

Yeah, but some americans can be so ingnorant calling us communists, and thinking we live in igloos

I can tell you right now that I have never heard an American say what you just wrote. Then again I live in Texas where Canada isn't brought up much. Living in Texas there are many stereo types about us Texans. If there is a stereo type about the whole state of Texas it is ingnorant because Texas is way too huge to fall under one stereo type and the same is for Canada.

Now back on subject: June is over and now it's July. Why haven't they leaked the sets yet?

Now back on subject: June is over and now it's July. Why haven't they leaked the sets yet?

I was thinking the same thing

For once in my life I'm DYING for leakage...

Every day, I do a search.

"lego pirates 2010"

"lego 2010"

"redcoats pirates lego 2010"

"red coat ship lego 2010"

So far, all I've gotten are the 2009 sets, people's mocs, and Lego Battles... so there isn't anything on google.

Edited by Admiral M

I've only just got my hands on the 2009 Pirate Impulse sets and the larger sets haven't even been released in this part of the world.

I've only just got my hands on the 2009 Pirate Impulse sets and the larger sets haven't even been released in this part of the world.

They are always slow getting the new themes out down here. Ive only seen a couple of sets appear in the shops so far(mainly the impulse sets). Just have to order them online unfortunately when you cant wait :pir-cry_sad:

The Impulse sets are $4.88 at Big W. That appears to be cheapest they are anywhere in a retail store that I've seen.

So I might have to stock up before they're all gone.

Now that Classic-Pirates.com has a LEGO Ambassador we should have a much better idea of when or if new Pirate sets are scheduled 2010.

Whether we can pass that information on is another matter entirely.

I have a bad feeling that there won't be any new Pirate sets. The Pirate sets are not doing well here in AZ, sets really havn't flown off the shelves like the Power Miners, Agents and Castle Sets. I hope I'm wrong.

I have a bad feeling that there won't be any new Pirate sets. The Pirate sets are not doing well here in AZ, sets really havn't flown off the shelves like the Power Miners, Agents and Castle Sets. I hope I'm wrong.

NO! NO! NO!

If they don't make any new pirate sets, how can I afford to get a couple of small ships for my navy for under $300!!

(I could make them, but they don't look great, CC,IFS and AFS are all really expensive) I agree that pirate sets aren't doing bad, they're just not doing as good... what's the matter with kids these days?

Edited by Admiral M

I kind of doubt LEGO would cut a line like Pirates after 1 year. They just brought it back after a 10 year absence, so even if they don't sell like hotcakes I would hope that they'd keep it up for a little.

We haven't heard of new 2010 sets for any other themes, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Let's hope for the best! :pir-classic:

Clone Wars really sucks in the kids. One more year of Pirates would be great, like the others said, the more we buy the better chance we have of another year. Spaniards, Islanders would be heavanly and an Imperial ship and $99 soldier fort would be sweet. I got the money and will spend it if only LEGO will make it. :jollyroger:

I really hope Lego will continue the Pirates theme.

Its nearer to the end of the year and still no news of 2010 sets.