Guss

The " Going Merry"

Hi everyone... I didn't know where to put this creation, but as it's a ship, a pirate ship, I'm going to put it here!

This is the first ship of the Luffy's Crew in the manga " one piece" , see more here : one piece wiki

I did it for an exhibition but also because I'm a great fan of the manga, so I think it's the only moc i'll not destroy it !

anyway, here it is:

P3056307_235c8f.JPG

P3056309_2d681f.JPG

P3056320_26e172.JPG

P3056308_26c5ca.JPG

More pictures in the gallery on my website :

http://guss.teammu.com/modules/extgallery/...lbum.php?id=139

or on flickr :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9868626@N03/s...57620674285112/

Comments and critics are welcome^^

Edited by Guss

Fantastic work Guss! I love the detail in this ship. It has a comic feel to it and it is fun to look at. You did a magnificent job there buddy, keep it up. :pir-wink:

It strikes fear into my heart...

Nice ship! It really does look comical! The way you did the masts is good, and that ram's head is quite interesting!

great work! :thumbup:

Very nice work, Guss! This ship resambles the one in the manga/anime very well. The details are awesome, such like the figurehead and and the cool shapes on the ship. The sail is very good, I like it. Are you also planning on making your own One Piece figures?

Very nice ship Guss ! I like the custom sails and flags.

By the way, what the scale of the ship ? I guess it's not minifig scale ? Is it the same scale as your previous boat ?

thanks a lot Captain Zuloo and Admiral M

Thanks a lot Matn, I'm planning on making a Minifig scale Going merry with crew and detailed interior, but It ll be a very long term project, it surely will be over in 3 years (or maybe more! ) so yes I'm planning to make the minifig, but not now^^

Thanks a lot ma louloute! ^^ the ship is at a strange scale ^^ it's smaller than minifig, you can see it scale on this WIP pic : http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3396/350337...cb5f2ce26_b.jpg

Very original to make a ship this way! It really has that manga-feeling over it and it made me think of Link's ship in 'Zelda phantom hour glass'. The anchor is also nice, I might steal the idea :pir-sweet: It's a very fearsome ship :pir_laugh2: btw, is there a small GARDEN in the back of the ship?!? :pir_wacko::pir-classic:

Edited by YnyklY

A garden to harvest fruits to avoid getting disease on the ship. :pir-tongue:

Great ship Guss! The thing which stands out for me is the hull, I´ve never seen a ship in this style.

Good job on the headrails! :thumbup:

I only don´t like the red/white striped tricorne sail at the back. Perhaps it´s better to make a white one instead.

thanks you two^^

YnyklY , this ship is from a manga, and as you can see here : Going_merry.jpg

there is some fruit trees at the back ( mandarin trees ) , they belong to the navigator of the ship, a memory of her childhood.

Cap'n Blackmoor, I didn't have the choice of the colours scheme as I recreated the ship ^^ thanks for the hulls, I had some difficulty to recreate it, but it turned well !

Edited by Guss

Hi guys I am a great fan of one piece thank you for making this. I have looked all over for a Going Merry moc and this is the best so far. I have made some mini figures from the one piece world and maybe i shall post them on here later. I got into doing my current moc pirate king stuff because of one piece and will post some pics of my fleet as soon as I finish the sails for the flagship. But I must ask you are you going to do the Strawhats' new ship the thousand sunny

Hi Guss,

this is an interesting ship and a great MOC! :pir-classic:

Did you modify the front hull piece, by adding studs on the side?

Kind regards,

Teddy

This is great! It looks like it came straight out of a manga. :pir-classic: The bow is very interesting, and the ram figurehead is hilarious. :pir_laugh2: I look forward to your minifig scale version, even if it takes a while. :pir-laugh:

Commodore Hornbricker : Thanks a lot, I like my anchor too and I think I'll reuse it for another ship!

Thanks a lot Zorro and Joey Lock ^^

thanks a lot captain hook, it's good to see there's other one piece's fan here! to answer yoru question, I am on the big project on making this one minifig scale + the thousand sunny minifig scale to with working "dock system", and a detailed interior for the two ships , but right now I don't have the parts to do it so I think it's a very long term project ^^

and yeah, please show us your custom minifigs ^^

thanks Teddy, I never modify parts, I HATE parts modification, the front hull just have a sticker put in it, easily removable. I photographied the size of the ship then photoshoped a little to makes it looks good then printed it on stickers , and put it on the hull , so I can remove it without damaging the hull ^^

Thanks Millacol88 ^^ I think it'll take more than a while :pir_laugh2: but when I'll start it, I'll show some WIP pics! ^^

Do you want me to post them here or in another topic i have Mihawk, Sir Crocodile, White Beard, Luffy, Zoro, Don Kreig, Shanks, and Ace, and working on Blackbeard.

The Captain :jollyroger:

Edited by captain hook

I think it'll be better to post them in the minifig customization forum ^^ create a new topic there!

A fancy creation IMO, Guss! Looks cool :pir-wink:

Fine rigging and many lovely details everywhere!! My favourite features are the bow and the mandarin trees! :pir-laugh:

Very good rendition of the original, must have been quite a challenge. But the mandarins are actually tangelo's as far as I know :pir-wink:.

I'm looking forward to the minifig scale version. Also any chance we might see a thousand sunny one day?

Thanks a lot Stonew4 ^^

Thanks a lot Fluyt, Hum... don't tell anyone, but when I'll make the going merry at minifig scale... I'll use these hulls to make the thousand sunny microscale.. before the minifig scaled one ^^

but don't tell anyone :P

Of course there is, a brick built one, you can see it on some pictures^^

Edited by Guss

Of course there is, a brick built one, you can see it on some pictures^^

hey, but it looks like the fairly-new spring-loaded cannon! thats not brick built

oh yeah , I didn't read the word " bow "XD I thought you were talking about the canon at theback of the ship ^^ yeah this one is the new shooting canon^^