Rate the set  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

this set actually exceeded my expectations, from looking at this review, it seems good

Thanks for the review KimT! :classic:

It's an alright set. Sure no figs, but it's nice. The design is nice, the idea of Midi-scale is cool. (Midi scale Slave 1 :wub: )

The price is not good at all, and the DSS is the worst I've seen. :sick: for that price it should all be printed :sceptic:

But iverall, I am considering it..

Thanks for the review again :sweet:

Excellent review, KimT.

I'm not a fan of the mini or midi scaled sets. I'm more of a minifig scale only person.

Although the set does look nice! Is it available in North America yet??

Like many, this set doesn't do much for me, and as a technic fan boy it's hard to accuse me of being mini-fig obsessed! :grin: I'm very surpised that there aren't printed parts. I do think that TLG should continue the concept though; I'd just prefer ships that hadn't been done so much.

svelte_corps Show off! :tongue:

Some of the parts are printed.

The exhaust 2x2 round tiles at the rear are all printed.

I am a big fan of this set. The size is perfect. Not too big, not too small. It has plenty of detail while maintaining a manageable size.

Thanks for the great review kimT!

I am also a big fan of this set and hope there are more like it to come, the stickers are a bit of a shame but something i am coming to live with.

The size a shape all look very good to me and i like the light blue tubeing for the engines, it was good on the 7190 falcon first of course :classic:

This set makes no sense to me, I have no clue why LEGO bothered making it.

Because someone like me would give Lego money for it. :tongue: Haha. Not what I meant, but I think you get the point.

As many others have noted, it's a way to start producing supermassive ships in a scale that doesn't have to worry about pleasing the fans, who like nothing more than arguing about the size of their... sets :wink:

Probably SW Lego fans who have a wide collection of sets and various versions of the Falcon won't find it too appealing but I bet the casual buyer thinks differently - "Hmm, I need to get a gift for John or Jane for around $US30-40, and I know they're into Star Wars..." Unlike most of the new Clone Wars sets (which are brilliant), the Millenium Falcon probably has wider public recognition so it was a good choice to launch the line with.

I suspect this is very much a test set - if it doesn't sell we probably won't see too many more of them.

Think of them as like the Architecture sets but for Star Wars! :laugh: Reasonably detailed models which capture the spirit and shape of the vehicle rather than absolute accuracy and tacked-on play features.

Until now, Lego has produced 3 expensive MF sets (7190, 4504 and the current UCS version) which are out of reach of the average 'casual' buyer. Plus 7190 and 4504 were only available a number of years ago. Lego have also produced a mini version which most people wouldn't consider a 'proper' Lego set at all. So there's a huge hole in the MF line up - I've always thought it was strange that they haven't produced a mid-sized MF set. Finally they've done it, and this set fills that hole nicely. Lego would have sold lorry-loads of this set if they'd priced it more competitively, but even at the current price they will I think sell more than enough. Hey - it's the MF, after all !

Dr. D.

Thanks for the review KimT.

I just saw this today at my local toy shop, I think I'm going t get it. Its on sale here on Thursday for just AUD$50, which isnt too bad. I was actually surprised by how big the box was, and also how heavy it felt. I think I like the scale, and as others have said AT-AT would be great in this scale. I think I'm going to display this MF at work, and have the mini-figs from 4504 next to it.

Well done LEGO, glad you tried a new idea.

I've been asked to post a better picture of the inventory and I will.

I just need to figure out how to do it while I am on vacation :laugh:

I like the thought of this new scale being the Architecture sets of Star Wars... it has a nice ring to it :wub:

Now we've got UCS and Arcitechture...what else could we possibly want?

(except the midi-scale AT-AT?)

And this is the best I can do for now:

gallery_101_16_63805.png

That would be amazing - to have a mid-scale Death Star :wub:

I so love this set. I want more midi size ships. I plan to buy two of them. One to display at work. one for home.

I think if Lego announces additional mid-scale ships in the future, it will retroactively make this Falcon set more appealing. As it stands now, the set is kind of an oddball. If this ends up being a scale that Lego develops further, then this set will look pretty sweet as part of a larger collection of ships this size. If this is just a one-off set, and Lego has no intention of producing similar sets, then I think a lot of people are going to pass (especially at that brutal price point).

It is definitely a nice-looking set though. No question about it.

It reminds me of the "special edtiion" Naboo Fighter from a few years back, with all the chrome parts. I bought that, thinking it was going to be the start of a new line of sets slotted in between mini-fig scale and UCS-scale. Then Lego never did anything else at that scale.

It reminds me of the "special edtiion" Naboo Fighter from a few years back, with all the chrome parts. I bought that, thinking it was going to be the start of a new line of sets slotted in between mini-fig scale and UCS-scale. Then Lego never did anything else at that scale.

It wasn't a special edition. It was and still is a UCS set.

There's no coherence in size when it comes to the UCS sets.

Today I decided to build my own midi-scale ISD. It started off well, and I eventually even got as far as having the frame, side greeble sections, and engine bay at the back. Unfortunately when it came time to add the shapely plates, my annoying lack of angle plates intervened and destroyed hope forever.

The point of that story is to convey my feelings for this line of sets. I like the scale, it is relatively easy to replicate it own your own, in the form of a MOC. I plan to buy this MF (I have none so far anyway) and as soon as TLG comes up with their own Midi-scale ISD, I'll be in line to buy it.

I think if Lego announces additional mid-scale ships in the future, it will retroactively make this Falcon set more appealing. As it stands now, the set is kind of an oddball. If this ends up being a scale that Lego develops further, then this set will look pretty sweet as part of a larger collection of ships this size.

What about Darth Vader's TIE Advanced from the 10188 Death Star play set? :laugh:

Thanks for the review KimT. :classic:

Can't wait for this set to hit my local toy store.

Its now available at LS@H Europe. Prices vary significantly by country.