Its True.

No great sales in the UK.

I watch Argos ,Smyths , toy'r'us ,Toys Direct, Tesco, Asda and Toymaster - its months since any good value sales have appeared. Even lego" sales and deals" hasn't had a decent new item in over 2 months.

The only thing I see as good value is TRU and their Chrome Vader offer- free with over £30 spent on Star Wars lego-by the way the least you can spend to qualify is over £34. I think thats mean.

One isolated item to add ,Lego® Indiana Jones™ Flight on the Flying Wing(7683) at Argos £25.99 ( £38.99 usually at Argos and £41.09 at lego online )

One last thing . Beware Sainsbury's- they had a 25% off sale off all toys for a while but their stock was amazingly bad- particularly lego( not a clone battle pack set in sight) and it included Ahsoka’s Starfighter™ & Droids™ ( 7751) for over £44 (lego shop at home £31 .29 - it was cheaper , below £30 awhile ago I could have sworn)

God I miss Woolies.

Sing along :pir-sing:

" Shine up your buttons with brasso,

its only a penny a tin,

you can buy it or steal it at Woolies ,

depends on the mood that your in,

Shine on , Shine on, Shine on your buttons.........."

Bad Dad

"Lego store summer sale starts 24 June.

Sale items and inventory vary by store."

Does this also count S@H, because I'm miles and miles and miles away from any Lego stores.

My local Sainsbury's have Ahsoka’s Starfighter™ & Droids™ for £22.50( was an amazing £44.99)- it seems that this reduction is spreading through out the UK now .

Argos are having an end of catalog sale , Lego Indiana Jones™ Shanghai Chase is £16.32 (was £24.49).

I went to newtownabbey yesterday and went to toys r s there. They have a very good selection of lego. they have a lot of discontinued sets such as lego star wars jedi star fighter and hyper boost ring. I bought the x-wing fighter and got a chrome vader free. i think the bionicles are good prices there but i'm not really sure because i don't buy bionicle.

i also went to stewart millers and they also had lots of discontinued sets such as anakin's y-wing for £40. i also saw a set called dino 2010 for £50 but i'd never even heard of the theme so i don't know if that's a good price or not.

My local Sainsbury's have Ahsoka’s Starfighter™ & Droids™ for £22.50( was an amazing £44.99)

Note that the RRP is £31.29 at Lego shop.

So not half price but 28% off. Still a good deal.

@ legoblockman: Dino 2010 is apparently a theme that had only 5 sets in 2005 and was then discontinued.

Thanks for sharing your finds!

PS Only 5 days till Lego Summer Sale! :grin:

Start saving!

*taking small bite of old stale dry bread and sipping rain water*

Argos are having an end of catalog sale , Lego Indiana Jones™ Shanghai Chase is £16.32 (was £24.49).

Thanks for the info - I picked one up this morning, the last one :grin:

There was only 1 in each of my other local Argoses, according to the website, so it looks like a very last-stock thing.

At £16 it's a good buy, definitely not the rip-off of £25, but some of the other similar priced sets are much better value, like Tower Raid...

PS Only 5 days till Lego Summer Sale! :grin:

Start saving!

*taking small bite of old stale dry bread and sipping rain water*

Cool. Who's having the sale?

I went into the lego shop in Bluewater a week or so ago and they had a leaflet saying there was gonna be a summer sale instore starting june 24.

Might be some reductions on the website as well i guess.

Lego store. Got the info from the Milton Keynes Lego store event calender.

It doesn't give more info than that.

So no idea when it ends, or what will be on sale.

And no info about an online sale either.

Does anyone know if these sales are usually any good?

Good discounts, and many sets on sale?

I see summer sales starting gradually on the high street, so more toy stores will follow soon I guess.

I just added all my post dark-ages bills: £470 in 3 months.

Am trying not to buy before Wednesday.

Needed a fix badly though, so bought the 8290 Mini Forklift to keep me going.

Just returned from the Brighton store.

Not a great selection on sale, no Star Wars or City on sale.

Did pick up a couple of Market Streets for £42, other than that it was 30% off the first wave of Agents and Indy (all except Temple Escape) . Also the Castle Troll ship and castle battle packs were reduced and the odd Bionicle etc.

Also they had 7747 - Wind Turbine Transport in stock

Edited by emilec

Just returned from the Brighton store.

Not a great selection on sale, no Star Wars or City on sale.

Did pick up a couple of Market Streets for £42, other than that it was 30% off the first wave of Agents and Indy (all except Temple Escape) . Also the Castle Troll ship and castle battle packs were reduced and the odd Bionicle etc.

Also they had 7747 - Wind Turbine Transport in stock �39.15

Similar in MK, but no Market Street and less Indy sets.

Also some Duplo and Cookie Jar etc on sale.

As expected: left the store with much more than planned. Sets, not money that is. :tongue:

Nothing on sale in TRU MK today.

if there are some UK folks that live very near to the Brand Stores, do you think you could go regularly and then post the pictures of the store calendars like folks do for the US versions? This would be very handy ...

That is a good idea i would but my camera is busted and with learning to drive its gonna have to wait. I can tell you the calendar say 6-8 july Rogue Shadow is 50% off at lego stores.

if there are some UK folks that live very near to the Brand Stores, do you think you could go regularly and then post the pictures of the store calendars like folks do for the US versions? This would be very handy ...

Im happy to do this, here is the June/July one.

calendar1.jpg

calendar2.jpg

Ah, so here's some highlights for people who might have that DON'T live near a S @ H.

1. 23rd June is when TLG release their own Battles game in the stores (and hopefully online)

2. 24th June is when the Summer sale @ stores start (i also hope online)

3. 1st July is when the Lego Board games AND the Grand Carousel are released.

4. 6th-8th July is a sale of 50% off the Rogue shadow (still not worth it :tongue: )

5. All of July, it seems that purchases over £60 earn you the gold minifig keychain.

I'm interested for the gold keychain and a proposed sale, but not really the other news.

Thanks for the information everyone! :thumbup: Now I know what to spend my money on. :classic:

Greetings,

JD

Has anyone seen the new star wars/indy sets in the three Lego Brand stores yet?

EDIT - Found all the new Star Wars sets (except Home One) in the Brighton store.

Edited by emilec

Has anyone seen the new star wars/indy sets in the three Lego Brand stores yet?

Or in any other store maybe?

(Some sets are now available from S@H)

EDIT: just found all new Indy sets at TRU. (Bought the Ambush in Cairo for £9.99)

I am not up to date about the SW sets, so can't tell you if they are on the shelves too.

Edited by UserNameInvalid

Hamleys in London has a over 50% off the ATPE and the black star wars ship (one with darth, vader, apprenist etc)

Argos are currently have a 7 day clearout.

Three items of interest are:

The City 4WD and Horse Box - £10

Indy Flying Wing - £29

Star Wars Republic Gunship is £68.29

There is also a bit of bionicle , duplo and a building tub. Nothing spectacular though.