Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 9B

I would like to check her pockets! I want to dig in the dead woman's pockets. Maybe there is something there.

Nothing is found in her pockets or person, aside from the locket.

Suddenly, the motor of an aircraft can be heard in the sky. It's Grill'n George's airplane, landing near the Emerald.

WOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!

The plane makes a quick landing along the small dirt road near the tracks.

Well that took a few years off my life I can tell you. Well I tried to draw a map of the train lines, but the voice didn't seem to hear my pleas for some grease proof paper to draw on :hmpf:

Nothing really of note, no X's seen anywhere, but a big storms a comin, so we best take shelter back on the train mighty soon.

but a big storms a comin, so we best take shelter back on the train mighty soon.

Thunder claps again... CLAP! The sky begins to turn dark as grey clouds can be seen overhead.

avmcfarlin.jpg

Think you may be right boy! Our storms can be pretty bad too!

CLAP CLAP!

avdavid.jpg

Ever get rid of that CLAP Jeb?

avmcfarlin.jpg

:angry:

A storm?! Perhaps we can all shelter in the Emerald Express? Don't worry, I'm sure we can bunk in the dining car or something, we shouldn't have to share beds.

Well, that was one hell of a flight I tell ya! :laugh: I hope you all enjoyed and I got a couple of big juicy wieners left. Would anybody like one? Anyways, what have you all discovered? Hey, who's that lady over, ther-Oh my god! Its a dead woman! What in the hell happened here!?! :oh:

The noly part that onfuses me is who could have done it. We were all together when we left the train, so it doesn't seem likely that it happened after you stepped into Willoughby!

Did anyone go back on the train after the rest o us? Didn't the conductor go get Hellanor's gun after we all left the train?

With this dead girl lyin' right here, I choose to not sleep on the train. I don't think you city folk can be trusted!

Whoever killed her must be trying to send us a sign. If they were trying to hide the body, the coal tender is one of the worst places.

The train has been sitting there for a couple days now, right? Could someone have sneaked back during the night and killed her? If the blood is still wet, then she must have died recently. Maybe she was hiding on the train, someone came back in the night, saw the lady and shot her.

As of now, we know only of the guns possessed by Gary and Eleanor, and thus it can only be Gary's gun that committed the crime. However, that has the same amount of bullets as when it was found, so the murder must have happened before the safe was opened. I'd be willing to bet that whoever owns that office is the killer.

As of now, we know only of the guns possessed by Gary and Eleanor, and thus it can only be Gary's gun that committed the crime. However, that has the same amount of bullets as when it was found, so the murder must have happened before the safe was opened. I'd be willing to bet that whoever owns that office is the killer.

The gun wasn't in the safe, but considering we went into the office right after we opened the safe, you're probably right about the murder occurring before that. The only other option I can think of is if someone slipped it into the drawer while pretending to search.... I don't think that's too likely though.

The office is not owned by any one person, and as far as I know, anyone who needs to see the files has access to it.

A storm?! Perhaps we can all shelter in the Emerald Express? Don't worry, I'm sure we can bunk in the dining car or something, we shouldn't have to share beds.

I don't think we really want to let any of you townies on the train just yet, since we don't know who we can trust. Sorry. However, you guys could all return to your homes while we, the train passengers and crew, stay on board this nice train! :sweet:

I don't think we really want to let any of you townies on the train just yet, since we don't know who we can trust. Sorry. However, you guys could all return to your homes while we, the train passengers and crew, stay on board this nice train! :sweet:

My friend, we can form an angry mob.

My friend, we can form an angry mob.

I think you forget who has the two handguns. Friend. :devil: *laughs evilly*

Jokes aside, what shall we do now? I want to have a good rest in my comfy 5-star train cabin if I can please. :grin:

I think you forget who has the two handguns. Friend. :devil: *laughs evilly*

Jokes aside, what shall we do now? I want to have a good rest in my comfy 5-star train cabin if I can please. :grin:

Mate, I have an axe, so unless you want certain body parts cut off, you'll let us on the train. :angry::devil::tongue:

Jokes aside, what are we supposed to do now?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to my cabin to get a niiice long shower and then take a niiice long nap. It's been a small eternity since we had a chance to relax, so now that the cat is out of the bag and someone has finally died, we can let off the tension for a while, right? :grin:

*everybody looks at her in a funny way*

Be well and behave, ladies and gentlemen. :wink:

*Eleanor goes to her cabin, humming a cheery tune, and makes sure to lock the door behind her*

*Eleanor goes to her cabin, humming a cheery tune, and makes sure to lock the door behind her*

Which raises the question about where all these extra refugees passengers are going to sleep!

Did we search the rest of the train yet? Maybe Max, the Cap'n and Brakes should have a look at the engines to make sure they're not tripwired with a bomb or anything. If the Town Council doesn't want us to leave, who knows what they may have done while we've been away.

Which raises the question about where all these extra refugees passengers are going to sleep!

This is their town. They have their own homes though. So we shouldn't be too worried about their stay. The mayor could easily arranged accomodations in Main Street.

Did we search the rest of the train yet? Maybe Max, the Cap'n and Brakes should have a look at the engines to make sure they're not tripwired with a bomb or anything. If the Town Council doesn't want us to leave, who knows what they may have done while we've been away.

I afraid not. We have not inspect the train yet, when we arrived, especially after discovering this corpse at the top of the tender. You are right. I think we should go to the front and check if everything remain the same after we left. We should now take note, whom is boarding the train now. I am not keen to let others board the train without a ticket.

This is their town. They have their own homes though. So we shouldn't be too worried about their stay. The mayor could easily arranged accomodations in Main Street.

I afraid not. We have not inspect the train yet, when we arrived, especially after discovering this corpse at the top of the tender. You are right. I think we should go to the front and check if everything remain the same after we left. We should now take note, whom is boarding the train now. I am not keen to let others board the train without a ticket.

And how much are tickets?

Before the day is out, I'd like to put the Crocodile Rod back in the Croc and wheel the fuel tank over to load 'er up. If I could check the position of the switches on the way, that'd be great.

The passengers and crewman board the train. They conduct a thorough search, but do not find any CLUES at this time. A few take showers and clean up while others have waffles in the dining wagon.

Meanwhile, the Townies are gathering outside the train in "mob formation" while a light rain begins to turn into a heavy one. The Mayor humbly requests that the townies be allowed aboard the train promising that they will stay within the dining wagon if permitted (at least until the storm lessens), while the next actions are planned.

Conductor Max is hesitant, but considers the request... :sceptic:

Conductor Max is hesitant, but considers the request... :sceptic:

What should we do then? Should we allow them to come in after all? There are so many of them though. Even if we allow them to come in awhile during this storm, I think a close watch on them could be good. Don't think we want others to roam around the luxurous emerald express.

What should we do then?

*counts bullets, counts townies... considers...* :devil:

I'm afraid I'll have to ask all you passengers to find other accommodation. Not that we personally have anything against you guys, but LRTS has other ideas. The railway company prohibits anyone without a ticket to board the train. It is unfortunate, but required. And no, we don't sell tickets here. The train is booked until March 2010 anyway. I'm sorry, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Or the way we maintain our jobs anyway!

So I'm sorry, but it's no townies on the Emerald Express. If you guys didn't have other accommodation options, it would be different. But you're probably safer in a house with strong foundations anyway.

I say let 'em in! These townies may be a might bit suspicious, but we know they do their business in secret, as long as we stick together we ain't got nothin' to fear. Plus, we can determine certain facts with them, or ask questions or whatnot. Just my idea, I could distract a few with my get-rich-quick schemes!

I say let 'em in! These townies may be a might bit suspicious, but we know they do their business in secret, as long as we stick together we ain't got nothin' to fear. Plus, we can determine certain facts with them, or ask questions or whatnot. Just my idea, I could distract a few with my get-rich-quick schemes!

Sorry, but it's against LRTS policies. I'm afraid we can't let them on. sorry.