Rate the set  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Oustanding

When i saw the first pictures to this set i realy wanted it but now that i can see it in full im reconsidering seems a little under finished if you ask me... :hmpf:

This set looks pretty nice, and I like the mini-figs (except Obi-Wan)... If you've seen the episodes of Clone Wars this appeared in, it was just pirates + Obi, Anakin, and Count Dooku (if I remember correctly). So, Dooku would've been my mini-figure choice. I'll be picking up one of these though.

Thanks for the review, jansued!

This set looks pretty good, though I still can't decide if I want it or not. I'll probably get it if it's $40, but probably not if it's $50.

The pirates are awesome. They have some really detailed printing! :classic:

Obi-wan is just OK, since you could previously only get him in the Republic Attack Gunship. However, I would have wanted a Jar-Jar and a few of those red colored clones instead.

EDIT: I voted above average because the pirate tank looks really good, and the pirates have some good printing.

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for the humorous review :thumbup::laugh:

While it looks fantastic for the piece selection (brown and tan galore :cry_happy:) and figs, I just don't know if the price justifies the purchase for me.

This review has put it into serious consideration though.

T-Nui

Great set. I think it provides a little breather from the othe Clone Wars sets. This is an exclusive, right?

Great review, one of the funniest I've read in a while. The minifigs are strange but in a good way. Good parts selection too, I might get this if it's on sale, mostly for those black epaulets :tongue: and parts. Still not sure about the minifigs though I think I'll wait to judge these.

The ship appears to be just ok, and they once again included a jedi that we have at least ten of.

You have at least ten CW Obi Wans? *huh* How the heck did you get 'em? :wacko: And why?

First of all: Great review.

Then the set:

Finally something different then droids or clones and a welcome addition to the Lego CW Universe.

Some great new minifigs that can be used elsewhere in the Lego Universe. :thumbup:

And a great vessel in itself.

However even on this set the piece to price ratio is going to stop me from getting this. :thumbdown:

So of to bricklink/e-bay/other to find the minifigs.

Hey jansued, I love your original way of reviewing the new sets, the Echo base was hilarious, but you made me laugh again with this one!

Design and figs of the Pirate tank are great imo.

Thanx again,

DR

looks like an awesome set! I agree with people when they say it would be a lot better with jar jar aswell but the minifig are still pretty awesome. The pirates have great detailing and obi wan is an awesome character and i have yet to have him in clone wars formation. The ship looks awesome with the republic tank so i cant wait to get it to put them side by side. The ship looks like it has a fair bit of detail on it which i like for star wars. The tan, grey, black and dark brown go great together. I can wait to get this now the review is here!

Great review aswell!

Edited by Roncanator

It's definitely different, but I really like this set. The design of the tank is pretty cool, and I like the piratey minifigs.

I'd quite like to see them do some more sets like this, based on the random planets and aliens from Clone Wars.

My one complaint is, again that they could have included Jar-Jar since he was features so heavily in that episode. But perhaps they thought nobody would want him? It is a little strange having people screaming for more Jar-Jar :tongue:

I love that Lewis gun that the soldier is carrying :wub:

Good Review. I might buy this set if I can afford it (Which I doubt I will be able to :sceptic: )

What a great review. Fantastic and creative. And who better to show off a pirate ship than...a pirate?

This set interests me only because we finally get a little something different. How do you make a fight between Clone Troopers with brains and clunkers with wiring that does not match? You bring in the unpredictable pirates. I like the pirates for the simple fact that Clone Wars is expanding the universe in the visual realm, and not just in the books anymore. The LEGO sets are not anything to scoff at either. They are fun to build and are well designed.

I am looking forward to this set.

You have at least ten CW Obi Wans? *huh* How the heck did you get 'em? :wacko: And why?

I think he just means Obi Wan figures in general.

When I see the marks that EB members give to some models (many models actually...), I wonder if these members get money from TLG... :hmpf:

really,

I think they can do better than that. I like the minifigs but not the ship! I think it would be cool to have those minifigs on a motorbike(I don't mean Obi Wan). :tongue: maybe with a different head...

Btw, excellent report!

Edited by alexandertam

When I see the marks that EB members give to some models (many models actually...), I wonder if these members get money from TLG... :hmpf:

Haha I wish that was true :cry_happy:

I think the design is movie accurate, so it's well designed - but it doesnt give me the SW feeling like the other sets do.

The minifigures look good, but they could also have come from the pirate theme.

Thats why I would rate this set average.

of course we don't.

It gets donated by TLG on our behalf to the illuminati to buy a new super laser to continue their world domination. :hmpf_bad:

Don't be stupid.

Yeah sometimes votes are a little "up there" :laugh:

But hey, people are allowed and meant to vote as they wish.

I think this is well designed with some great minifigs, my gripe is still that I can't place it as a SW set since I don't care for CW and thus this is a meh! set to me and I therefore gave it an average rating.

I did give the Venator a 'poor' rating since I actually think it's a 'bad' set, but that's not the topic here.

The minifigs are cool. Looks just like from the CW tv show. I was all set to buy it, but the tank seems "full of holes". Similar to how the Millennium Falcon had floorboards missing.

Nice review :thumbup:

the Tank is overall OK but i think TLC could have improved the set by adding Jar Jar and Commander Stone :wub: anyway just my thoughts :tongue:

is this set up on S@H?

Thanks

CommanderFox

Aren't Weequays one of the stupidest creatures in the galaxy? How could they be pirates? :tongue:

But the set itself looks okay. Won't buy it, but it could be scrapped for parts to build trade federation tanks. all that brown... :wub: And to much Obi-wan! :oh3: I still prefer my pirate AAT, but I love the minifigs, (except Obi-Wan.) :tongue:

The ship appears to be just ok, and they once again included a jedi that we have at least ten of.
And too much Obi-wan! >SNIP< I love the minifigs, (except Obi-Wan.) :tongue:

*huh* WHAT? What's wrong with you people? CW Obi Wan is a cool fig and he only came in one, overly expensive set! We should be grateful that we get a chance to get him in a set below 50 bucks!