Ras 74

The official photo thread of the 2009 event!

That seems like it was really fun. I would love to meet some of the members here, but I guess that's for when I'm a bit older. :classic:

eb_event_2009_01.jpg

Here a pic of all my lego stuff from the event : extras and so on, my swipper prize, my ambulance plaine prize, my promo '09 plane (Once again, thanks a lot for all those bricks), my PaB selection and the medieval village and Emerauld Night.

@ Captain Green Hair : the Emerauld Night is really a true piece of beauty! So sad that there were no box for you this time! And just let me know how do you find Town plan...

And thanks for sharing your pics! Looking at them, I feel nostalgic...

Where are your 20 black bricks Alex?

The contest is over, so you can show them or talk about them :wink:

-Ras-

Where are your 20 black bricks Alex?

The contest is over, so you can show them or talk about them :wink:

-Ras-

Well, I had put them in my PaB selection when I came back home (a stupid idea, that added 20 more pieces to store among all of those new bricks... :hmpf:)

For eventies with very good eyes, we can start a new competition : what as my 20 black bricks?

Price : a jelly rat that I found on one of my tire. Maybe it stucked here when we leave the hotel... And it survived from the Gunsburg - Nancy trip! :laugh: (Ok, I'm not that credible).

Wow, you guys look like you had a lot of fun. Legoland, contests, legoland, behind the scenes! Looks great. I'd love to go sometime, but unfortunately I live on the west coast of the U.S. so that'd be one heck of a pricey trip for a few days. Ah well, at least I can see how it went here.

There was even more, but preventing me from a myocardial infarction I chose to eliminate the memory of this. Thank you - and don´t ever mention it again.

So, how was the hotel again? :tongue:

One of the event pictures is on MicroBricks (Burj Al Arab).

Once again,... thx for the good times.

Wow - they chose my picture. :cry_happy:

So, how was the hotel again? :tongue:

I don´t know what you´re talking about. :look:

I don´t know what you´re talking about. :look:

--> I understand how you feel Holodoc and you have every right to be pissed off, but beside the breakfast thing the hotel in general was clean (what I personally find the most important thing), the beds were ok and the bathroom too. I think that I may say that for the prize we payed it was good. Ok the breakfast was a disappointment/vexation but nobody will blame you for it. At least I don't blame you... :wink:

--> I understand how you feel Holodoc ..... Ok the breakfast was a disappointment/vexation but nobody will blame you for it. At least I don't blame you... :wink:
I do, really bad Event Admin helper organisation :devil:!

CopMike

I do, really bad Event Admin helper organisation :devil:!

Wait till I meet my swedish speaking friend. I´ll ask him how to curse you in swedish. :devil:

(I don´t have to come back to the missing 1x1 round plate for the small tractor, do I?):tongue:

Holodoc

official representative of the EAHO.

I blame the hotel.

What kind of hotel would have an entire breakfast area with tables for 150+ persons locked down at 11 in the morning, with the reason that "They've had to prepare the tables for next mornings breakfast" *huh*

We had no place to sit and their internet connection didn't work :hmpf:

It sucked and I'd never recommend that hotel to anyone going to Günzburg.

Euro Hotel is bad bad bad bad.... even sleeping under a car is better than what they provided.

I blame the hotel.

What kind of hotel would have an entire breakfast area with tables for 150+ persons locked down at 11 in the morning, with the reason that "They've had to prepare the tables for next mornings breakfast" *huh*

Euro Hotel is bad bad bad bad.... even sleeping under a car is better than what they provided.

Wow. Tell us how you really feel... :classic:

Wow. Tell us how you really feel... :classic:

I can't do that because of the word-filter here :laugh:

The Event was a blast, but that wasn't because of the Hotel and I say again:

If you ever go to Günzburg to visit Legoland there, then don't use the Euro Hotel in Deffingen...

Simple as that.

:vader:

I blame the hotel.

Well then, see you at the Eurohotel parking lot next year! :tongue:

Oh, will we be in Günzburg again? :)

Well, now that I know what to expect from the Eurohotel... I might go there again and avoid everything that disappointed us this time. If you´re not going to get breakfast, the rooms were quite cheap for a night, weren´t they?

Oh, will we be in Günzburg again? :)

Well, now that I know what to expect from the Eurohotel... I might go there again and avoid everything that disappointed us this time. If you´re not going to get breakfast, the rooms were quite cheap for a night, weren´t they?

I've stayed in the Eurohotel several times before and will return to it again simply because its the most convenient and cheapest hotel to Legoland and the rooms are clean. There is also a restaurant/ bar / bowling lane in the carpark within spitting distance (almost) of the hotel and a service station to stock up on supplies for the day. The row over breakfast shouldn't recur because everyone would know what to expect. If the breakfast isn't seen as good value (and given some children's eating habits this may be the case) then breakfast can be obtained elsewhere. I appreciate there were other glitches regarding internet access and the public areas for meeting but the restaurant facility across the carpark would surely only be delighted to have 20+ meals/ beers etc. every evening, especially if it was in an off-peak time. I'd look at the location as a package with the hotel primarily being a base for the night and the restaurant/bar providing the social aspect.

My two cent.

David

Curses! You stole my 2 cents! :tongue:

Seriously, I see it as Dfenz does. Although I wasn´t too excited about that Restaurant. I´ve eaten worse (e.g. breakfast at the Euro Hotel) in worse locations, but I was expecting a lot more for my bucks. A LOT more.

There is also a restaurant/ bar / bowling lane in the carpark within spitting distance (almost) of the hotel ...

Exactly.

The distance is 2 3/4 jelly rats. :sick:

(For me. For others it may be 4 1/2 jelly rats :wink:)

Yeah, yeah...

Next year we will try to find out some more competitions that you are not so good at my dear Doctor.

When we will come back to Günzburg next time, we will probably have forgoten about the things we found

so terrible this year.

But we will for sure not make the same misstake with the breakfast.

Yeah, yeah...

Next year we will try to find out some more competitions that you are not so good at my dear Doctor.

When we will come back to Günzburg next time, we will probably have forgoten about the things we found

so terrible this year.

But we will for sure not make the same misstake with the breakfast.

Word!

So, I hear that the plan is to host the EB event in Australia next year?

What? After I'm going all the way to Windsor to have an event??? :oh3:

If that is true then ASSSOME! Make is in Brisbane. :grin: Spare beds at my place! (I won't be closed for breakfast)

What? After I'm going all the way to Windsor to have an event??? :oh3:

If that is true then ASSSOME! Make is in Brisbane. :grin: Spare beds at my place! (I won't be closed for breakfast)

You don't happen to have an airline company as well do you? :laugh:

You don't happen to have an airline company as well do you? :laugh:

Well, now you mention it.... :tongue: