Sign in to follow this  
MdrnMrvls

MOC: 9002 AIC 'Frogger'

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Well, this is something of a fictional build. It has some Russian inspiration hidden in their, but I thought it would be fun to make a fictional APC of some sort. AIC means Assault Infantry Carrier.

An overall view:

3605158301_a5ec65996c_o.jpg

Troops debarking:

3605975752_b7f043e72b_o.jpg

Another view:

3605975482_e07c7abb6d_o.jpg

For more pictures, visit my Flickr photostream or my Brickshelf (when uploaded/moderated) gallery.

And, as always, enjoy!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Overall, a solid little MOC, and I particularly like the headlight design. Also, I like the use of Star Wars weaponry, but I would like to suggest the use of BrickArms if you have them.

However, I did notice a small problem, which is the location of the exit hatch on the front of the vehicle. The problem with this is that when it opens the men inside are as good as dead, and as such would require a rear hatch so as to utilize the AIC as cover.

I, a lover of all MOCs APC and Tank, must say it is a great MOC. But as Frankie here pointed out, you'd get your troops, and the crew inside mowed down before they even get out if there is a MG Nest somwhere infront. I suggest moving the door to the rear, and adding a smal silt window to the front with a driver, maybe a escape hatch for him.

I <3 the Headlights, something I must steal for my next APC/Tank. The wheel configuation is also great. I see the APC has 5 studs of room inside with wise, wich I suppose means that 2 soilders can comfortable sit oposite each other? (after looking at the Flickr Pics I can say that yes, clever design)

I also like the various variations of your APC and it compliments your QRV quite well. Do post the QRV aswell as I would like to ask some questions about it.

So to sum it up, move the door to the back, move the driver/gunner forward. Possibly add a small hatch at the front.

Stauder.

I, a lover of all MOCs APC and Tank, must say it is a great MOC. But as Frankie here pointed out, you'd get your troops, and the crew inside mowed down before they even get out if there is a MG Nest somwhere infront. I suggest moving the door to the rear, and adding a smal silt window to the front with a driver, maybe a escape hatch for him.

I <3 the Headlights, something I must steal for my next APC/Tank. The wheel configuation is also great. I see the APC has 5 studs of room inside with wise, wich I suppose means that 2 soilders can comfortable sit oposite each other? (after looking at the Flickr Pics I can say that yes, clever design)

I also like the various variations of your APC and it compliments your QRV quite well. Do post the QRV aswell as I would like to ask some questions about it.

So to sum it up, move the door to the back, move the driver/gunner forward. Possibly add a small hatch at the front.

Stauder.

and

Overall, a solid little MOC, and I particularly like the headlight design. Also, I like the use of Star Wars weaponry, but I would like to suggest the use of BrickArms if you have them.

However, I did notice a small problem, which is the location of the exit hatch on the front of the vehicle. The problem with this is that when it opens the men inside are as good as dead, and as such would require a rear hatch so as to utilize the AIC as cover.

I'm glad you guys like it! However, the whole point for this build was to make it so troops could exit through the front, rather than what is commonly seen, the back. In a strategic matter these wouldn't necessarily be used in the leading edge of a frontal assault, contrary to the name, but that was the whole point of the turret up top, to provide cover fire for the troops. It would allow the troops to quickly run out and find cover, when cover was found, and set up their positions. May not be totally realistic, but that's the way I see it. Once again, thanks for the kind comments. I'll get the QRV uploaded here in a little bit. :classic:

It would allow the troops to quickly run out and find cover, when cover was found, and set up their positions.

Reminds me of the WWII Landing craft used by allied forces on the 6th of June 1944. The following pictures should do the talking.

300px-1944_NormandyLST.jpg

300px-MG42-1.jpg

180px-German_military_cemetary_normandy_1.JPG

But I suppose they could deploy behind a smokescreen or some walls or some general cover.

Ps - I hope no one finds this in bad taste, but it is the first real life scenario that I tought of.

Stauder.

It's based off modern technology though, so it could be used in exactly the same sense, but as you suggested, could be used in a smoke-screen or something. Also, there are satellites now to pinpoint enemy strong points and what not. I was thinking a little bit about the Higgins boat while building this, but also something from a game I used to play.

Higgins Boat! That's the name. I had it on the tip of my tongue, but for the heck of me couldn't remember the exact name.

Well, as far as I know most modern APC's have rear/side entrances and exits, with hatches at the front for drivers. But after looking at your Russian APC (the name eludes me at the time BPT-90?) I see that you know of this quite well. I suppose it could be used in ampibious covert ops, when not under fire, or when in cover.

Stauder.