The Rancor

Review: Hyperspeed Pursuit 5973

5973 Hyperspeed Pursuit  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set (out of 5)

Great review! I like the set a lot. I'll pick it up for sure.

Only downside, the bad guys faces are terrible. Not a fan at all. The Helmets just won't be coming off...

Two cool ships for a reasonable price. Apart from the Skull Twins the jewel element in this set for myself is that big trans-dark blue windscreen. Though not perfect, and very sticker heavy, this set looks over all better IMO than anything in Mars Mission save the Ultra-Drill Walker.

Now, if only this and Galactic Enforcer would come to the United States... :thumbup:

Thanks, you have made me want this set :wub:

Me too :classic: Great review, this is the best SPIII set IMO

One request though, can you make a picture from the bottom sides of both ships?

Thanks!

I suppose I can, as soon as I have time. I'll need to take, upload and deeplink the pics. :thumbup:

Great review! I like the set a lot. I'll pick it up for sure.

Only downside, the bad guys faces are terrible. Not a fan at all. The Helmets just won't be coming off...

I could imagine the Skull Twins are like marmite. (And, luckily, I love marmite sandwiches :grin: )

Thanks for the review, top notch.

Apart from the minifigs, the Space Police line does nothing for me, but fair enough, it's not marketed or made for me, and I'm cool with that.

One request though, can you make a picture from the bottom sides of both ships?

The pics have now been added to the first post review for your viewing pleasure (not that underneath they look that good)

The pics have now been added to the first post review for your viewing pleasure (not that underneath they look that good)

Thanks! So the 2 grey discs are spare parts from this set? Nice!

It's not that exiting no, but I was curious about the looks. :thumbup:

Wow, very nice! This and Galactic Enforcer are going to be the only two sets of the wave I'll be getting- Gold Heist and Space Truck Getaway simply can't measure up. :wub: Although I don't get why they're not available in the U.S....

This looks way better than the SP3 sets people have reviewed so far. The SP ship has great looking weapons and it certainly lives up to the set's name with those engines. :thumbup:

The alien craft is not as good (too many stickers and no interesting transparent colors), but it's solidly built and doesn't look hollow at all like the earlier sets did. I didn't like it in the preliminary pictures but the design is growing on me now. It should be easy to mod it so that the windows are covered and there is room for the second guy.

Thanks for this great review! I am really, really liking this set! It's my favorite out of all the known SP3 sets! Both vehicles look really cool, seem well designed, and have some interesting parts! And you just gotta love the skull twins! :skull: The price might be a little bit high, but for about $10 less, I'll be sure to get it! :sweet:

Thanks for the review and the excellent pics. That sticker sheet is a huge turn off and is the worst I've seen since some of the speed racer sets.

I was really hoping that the Twins' ship could fit both of them at once. Especially since it has the wide 6stud windshield; in the past TLC has used jumper plates to get 2 minifigs to sit side by side in that kind of space.

Seems easy enough to mod, you just need to lose the side walls in favor of some thin snot paneling.

In a perfect world, you could buy each of these ships seperatly at 20$USD each. Are they really worth 50$USD combined?

I really like the form of the police ship, but vastly prefer the villians in general.

I may just skip the whole set and MOC the police ship in red and black...

Edited by xenologer

btw "Zumbi" is one of the designers that worked for the SP III theme :)

He worked for Powerminers too, but the best thing is, that he comes from Poland!^^

Thanks for the review. I bought the Freeze Ray Frenzy to give the line a chance, and did not really like it. BUT, with this review, I can see the details have been put into the bigger sets. I must get this one.

When I saw the number 3 all over the twin's car, I was thinking it was a converted racer, and then when I saw they were wearing the race suits. that confirmed it. I wonder if they escaped from a Death Race kind of prison on their planet, or if their whole planet is just that mean. They are a couple of rough looking dudes.

Wow! this is even more amazing than i thought it would be! there is so much detail! must buy now! thanks for the review!

Well, I'm very pleased with the response for this set - I feel lucky to own it at the moment.

24 people (the highest amount) voted this set 5/5 on how good it was - now that's saying something :thumbup:

It would seem so far that this is the most popular and 'would buy' Space Police III set.

I don't have it at the moment and probably won't for quite a while, but I hope to see a Galactic Enforcer review soon on EB :cry_happy:

Well, I'm very pleased with the response for this set - I feel lucky to own it at the moment.

24 people (the highest amount) voted this set 5/5 on how good it was - now that's saying something :thumbup:

It would seem so far that this is the most popular and 'would buy' Space Police III set.

I don't have it at the moment and probably won't for quite a while, but I hope to see a Galactic Enforcer review soon on EB :cry_happy:

Here here- that set looks beautiful. If I can get my hands on it, I'll review it pronto.

Thanks for the review, this and the Galactic Enforcer are truly the best sets of the Space Police III theme. Love the Skull Twins, but the ships are the real prize here, both so different yet so well constructed. The only mods I'll be doing is to remove the shooters.

Batbrick Away! :devil: