Sign in to follow this  
Zorro

Port Invasion

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 80c

I made this MOC (working on it all day and night), being inspired by Piglet's Spanish Port, the MMV chicken and Slyowl's soldier style

invasion1.jpg

An overview.

invasion2.jpg

invasion3.jpg

Sadly, I didn't have more green doors/windows, so I couldn't make the building any bigger.

I hope you like it!

Looking good Admiral! Lovely to see the classic Bluecoats again instead of the new Redcoats.

I'm fond of the docks, the stones along the sides add a lot. :thumbup:

The fight looks great as well, the cap used as blood is nice.

I should remove the red stones in the building since there are already tan accents in there, I think the red stones make the coloursheme a bit crowded. But that's just my opinion. :pir-wink:

I hope you will make more MOCs in the future! :pir-sweet:

Brilliant! I love this Zorro! This is certainly frontpage material. I love your use of a red baseball cap for blood. Thanks heaps for sharing mate! :pir-wink:

Already working on my next one! Sadly I have not THAT many bricks, but I can also do something with my huge army...a battlefield or something.

It's just I need some MOC examples for my (possible) CP Ambassador nomination!

Very good MOC!, as many people have said before, it's very ingenious how you made the blood slash under the head :thumbup: I also like how you made the chain fence, I haven't seen that before (or maybe I just didn't notice). I agree with Blackmoor that the red bricks don't suit very well in the building, but on the other way it might look boring without them (so just leave them, it's ok. :pir-classic: ) So, good job, but next time should be just as good (or better) and bigger :pir-wink:

Very nice MOC. I like the use of the red. It gives it a more playful classic feel. The diverse selection of figures also works well. Those green doors are hard to come by. I think I only have two as well.

Very nice MOC! At first, I didnt notice what the blood was, I automatically just thought blood. As always, love seeing the blue coats. I hope to have my next MOC done soon, and then I plan on making an invasion scene myself!

This is a nice little MOC zorro. :thumbup:

I like the docs you've build.

How did you connect the head to the red cap?

Good luck with your Ambessador ambitions. :pir-classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

How did you connect the head to the red cap?

I think the head is just resting on the cap, perfectly balanced. But if Zorro pushes the MOC it will fall over I think.

Or it is glued....

Or there is a very brilliant technique used....

@Teddy, the head is just balanced on top. I did experiment with red rubber bands, but it didn't work out....

I wouldn't use glue easily!

Anyway, thanks for the comments so far!

I see a brick birdie! It kinda looks like a chicken though...

Yes, I definitely see the SlyOwl inspiration and it's quite a good attempt given you're not usually an active MOCer.

The new pirates versus the old soldiers and one very distressed damsel!

Already working on my next one!

Good cause we don't get a lot of MOC's from you, and you obviously have the ability to build. Good Job pal :thumbup:

@Teddy, the head is just balanced on top. I did experiment with red rubber bands, but it didn't work out....

I wouldn't use glue easily!

Anyway, thanks for the comments so far!

Wow, that must have been a delicate balancing act. :pir-classic:

No, glue is a big no no in my book.

How did I miss this so cool little scene, thanks to the RSS I saw it !

Lovely scene Zorro, I love the black chains , remind me where I used to live, there were the same thing!

There is also a lot of action going in a little space , but without looking to messy, wich is really cool !

Oh, and the tiled wall ( the one who goes on the sea, I don't know the english name^^ ) is really cool too

Great job!

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, I'm really glad you like it!

More MOCs are following soon!

More MOCs are following soon!

Great, I can't wait.

Haha our Sleepless Guardian building mocs... so the moaning of Green Hair, Bonaparte and me in Günzburg has paid off... nice job !!!

So our great admiral has finally decided to start building. :pir-sing:

You've made a nice little sscene with some nifty techniques there Z, i don't think i've seen the hat for blood technique yet, nice work!

I hope you have fun building these and will make more in the future, so you might even join in on our Benelux-Whatever-Team-Rocks projects. :pir-sweet:

Haha our Sleepless Guardian building mocs... so the moaning of Green Hair, Bonaparte and me in Günzburg has paid off... nice job !!!

--> Yeah finally! :pir_laugh2:

This is a great little port scene That is just fantastic but perhaps some more water action if you take my meaning so I'll give it 8/10