Navy Trooper Fenson

Misprints and Other LEGO Production Oddities

My 8970 Robo-Attack arrived yesterday and look what I´ve found between the many 1x1 tiles with measurement printing.

ra-50.jpg

The tile is only printed on the inside, the studless surface is plain grey.

Because I only found one thread for misprints on Star Wars figures, I think one thread for all other parts and figs could be useful too.

I would like to know how much such a misprint could be worth.

Edited by Fugazi
New title for a broader purpose

isn't there already a topic like this?
Because I only found one thread for misprints on Star Wars figures, I think one thread for all other parts and figs could be useful too.

:wink:

That's a cool misprint you got there, Navy Trooper Fenson. I don't have any misprints, since they're extremely rare.

Edited by ILikePi

Can we also post mis-molded parts here? I have a 1x1 brown plate that has excess plastic that I can photograph later today.

Edited by Ricecracker

Can we also post mis-molded parts here? I have a 1x1 brown plate that has excess plastic that I can photograph later today.

Yes, mis-molded would be cool to look at :thumbup:

I would like to know how much such a misprint could be worth.

It is rare but it doesn't have much use so I personally wouldn't put a very high value on it. Still cool to see though!

I think the last one was only about minifig misprints. Personally, I find minifig ones alot more intereasting. It looks like another print was put overtop of the gauge. I would still love to see pics.

I have a padme with one eyebrow. she is one of my coolest mini figures.

Why don't you take a picture of it if you still have it?

Misprints are rarely valuable in LEGO, unless they serve a purpose. A face that has a different expression would be considered potentially useful, a tile printed on the wrong side is basically useless outside of a bit of curiosity factor, so you can't really expect any value.

I prefer marbled bricks, a completely different kind of mistake resulting from bricks being made during a colour change and having some of the old and new colour mixed together.

I would be interested in buying any that are out there, feel free to PM me.

They aren't really useful either, but at least they look interesting.

For example:

marble05.jpg

My current collection

How?

How what? As I said, it's just what happens when they are switching the machines from one colour to another.

Usually, they're tossed out, I guess. I'd love the definitive answer on that, better yet, a big bucket of them. Hello LEGO factory? :wink:

For example:

marble05.jpg

Exacly where do you find these bricks? Bricklink, buying sets hoping for them?

Exacly where do you find these bricks? Bricklink, buying sets hoping for them?

I've heard of them appearing in sets, but never found one (I had a technic arm that was very vaguely marbled once, but really useless).

As for where... it's a secret. Can't have everyone beating me to them. :grin:

Never had a misprint (and those marble bricks look really cool), but I did receive a second bag that contained armor, sheilds, spears, and some other pieces in 8877 Valdek's Dark Fortress. IMHO, one of the few respectable sets in the KKII line, BTW (made only better by having paid only half MSRP for the set), but that's neither here nor there. I'm still not sure what I want to do with the extra pieces. Right now, I have the armor on top of spikes (spears) set high on the fortress, in the way that cities might put heads on a spike as a deterrent. The rest I've bagged up. I'm waiting for the pieces in the bag to reach critical mass when I can build something with them.

I'm not sure I'd like misprints. They may be of no consequence (e.g. if the minifig has a dual head, and only one side is messed up), but I can see how they'd be annoying, as in this case. But those marble bricks...here's hoping TLG doesn't throw them out but would opt to sell them as a novelty item instead. I'd love to pick some up just to have around.

:laugh:

:tongue:

I hand type them these days, it's faster, and usually more efficient. :blush:

p1030624.jpg

Nothing special, just looks like the paint was smudged before drying.

That vomit slope would make an awesome tie dyed pillow for a 70's/80's MOC. :tongue:

How what? As I said, it's just what happens when they are switching the machines from one colour to another.

Usually, they're tossed out, I guess. I'd love the definitive answer on that, better yet, a big bucket of them. Hello LEGO factory? :wink:

I heard somewhere that people who build things at LEGOLands use the marbled bricks to support the inside of the sculptures and whatnot that are made, since they won't be seen from the outside. :wink:

I wish I could get some cool looking messed up/marbled bricks and misprints. :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

Back on topic...

I have had various misprints, productin errors, extras, and such in my time of collecting. Let me go over some of what I know (pics later)

-Second silver winged helmet in dwarves mine(only in the first wave of them)

-A off-gray brick.

-Black Epaulette(not sure how this happened, but I love it! Got it in an edventurers set, which was supposed to have a white one.)

-2x6 plate with the bottom all messed up(studs were "mushed" and morphed.)

-Red EpIII Clone Helmet

Back on topic...

I have had various misprints, productin errors, extras, and such in my time of collecting. Let me go over some of what I know .

-Black Epaulette(not sure how this happened, but I love it! Got it in an edventurers set, which was supposed to have a white one.)

-Red EpIII Clone Helmet

I'll trade you anything for those. Some minifigs that you want maybe?