Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

Passage Fort

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 79a

1244189012m_DISPLAY.jpg

These images show Passage Fort which is one of the smaller fortifications in the system of forts that protect the waterways in and around the Port of Brick Royal. Passage Fort sits on the western edge of the harbor and its main function is to protect the inland waterway passage which is primarily used by smaller merchant vessels to reach the Ports inland commerce shipping area.

Passage Fort's batteries consist of nine guns. Four permanently mounted and 5 mobile. The guns are capable of sweeping the entire entrance or egress of the inland channel.

The batteries of Passage Fort were built to ensure that any attempted raid of the Port's merchant fleet and facilities or enemy cutting out expeditions will meet with a bloody and unsuccessful end.

1244188526m_DISPLAY.jpg

12441885302_DISPLAY.jpg

Views of the rear and sides.

12441878791_DISPLAY.jpg

12441878802_DISPLAY.jpg

Images of the modular design and construction of the fort and the interior of each level. The fort opens into four sections that fit easily together which gives it a lot of playability and makes storage and future modifications easier.

1244187528m_DISPLAY.jpg

You can see in the main level of the fort an entrance leading down into the forts subterranean powder magazine. There are three soldiers on duty on this level of the fort guarding one pirate. There are several small details, muskets, pistols, barrels, containers visible in addition to the 4 cannons.

12441875301_DISPLAY.jpg

The second level has an additional three soldiers, more weapons and storage containers an additional 4 cannons and houses the soldier's barracks. There are six bunks a small dinning area, storage for weapons and spare clothing. There are currently three soldiers off duty inside the barracks.

12441875333_DISPLAY.jpg

Additional images are available on my MocPage MocPages

I hope you enjoy this creation ~ Regards Commodore Hornbricker

Edited by SlyOwl

This is awesome! I love all of it its a rendition of Eldorado fortress right?

The only problem is that its held by redcoats the Eldorado is maned by bluecoats.

VERY IMPRESSIVE Commodore. You did an awesome job on the modular build :thumbup: The details are very impressive too. My favorite part is the soldiers barracks and I also like the middle floor. The outer part of the fort reminds me of Eldorado.

I am sure I have seen this somewhere else before. :pir_laugh2:

Where did the monkeys go? Or did they grow into redcoats? :pir-tongue:

I like this fortress a lot. It really has the classic LEGO pirates feel over it, but with some modern accents. :thumbup:

The fort looks quite well equipped with cannons, and everything likes to be functional. I like the large crane too.

Everything together makes it a really nice fort, I have to watch out with my ships sailing not too close to this fortress. :thumbup:

This MOC doesn't just scream Classic Pirates...it jumps out, punches you in the face, and says 'behold my Classic Pirate awesomeness'. Seriously though...I like this a lot. The modularity (is that even a word?) is great and the guy with the sausage...well...he just really adds to the MOC. :wink: An excellent melding of an old skool theme with new skool building techniques. Way to rock...on an island.

-Dave

This is wonderful Hornbricker! :pir-wub: I love how the architecture is unique yet reflects the design of the original. :thumbup:

This is awesome! I love all of it its a rendition of Eldorado fortress right?

The only problem is that its held by redcoats the Eldorado is maned by bluecoats.

It is my all grown up version of 6271 Fort Eldorado. It has basically the same building footprint with a little expansion here and there. It is one yellow brick higher at the bottom. The modular design forces some modification. It obviously has completed walls and levels and the layout on the upper levels is very different. It is what I imagine Fort Eldorado really is. As I have said before in my little corner of the world Bluecoats are British Navy and Redcoats British soldiers so this isn't a betral of the Blues which I love but they are busy out on the high seas not cooped up in a smelly old fort.

VERY IMPRESSIVE Commodore. You did an awesome job on the modular build :thumbup: The details are very impressive too. My favorite part is the soldiers barracks and I also like the middle floor. The outer part of the fort reminds me of Eldorado.

Thanks the barracks are my favoite as well. I was also happy with the addition of the powder magazine entrance on the lower level as that was a very late inspiration that was a real pain to install. The modular design is my trademark. I don't build anything that I can't open up and play with.

I am sure I have seen this somewhere else before. :pir_laugh2:

Where did the monkeys go? Or did they grow into redcoats? :pir-tongue:

Shhh the monkey's are sleeping off their hangover. But I did imprission the pirate iron hook as a memory of the battle and the brave monkey that ripped his peg lego off and beat him uncontious with it (I don't think that was so clear in the picture as no one caught that detail....but I thought it was damn funny.

This MOC doesn't just scream Classic Pirates...it jumps out, punches you in the face, and says 'behold my Classic Pirate awesomeness'.

I like you already. You're funny and you have my dream Lego Building Labrartory. Thanks. I am a Lego freak but my interest runs totally and fanatically to this one theme. I buy other stuff but only to addapt it in. As a result I have a lot of classic pirate sets but I also have a huge inventory of additional pieces specific to the sets, especially Eldorado and Trading Post...so you'll see lots more to come in this flavor.

I am planning the main fort to sit on six 48x48 plates to the east end of the harbor and if I can swing it, it will be elevated 38 - 50 bricks high on top off cliffs and bluffs....Don't hold your breath yet as that one is still rolling around inside my brain but it is finally starting to itch. I just got the final pieces I need for my naval storehouse MOC so I am finishing the details on that one this weekend and will repost it next week. Then I am committed to building the Capstan Pub next.

It looks much more peacefully as with the monkeys :pir_laugh2: And now you can watch the building a little bit better. I see some nice things, like the green parrot, and also the inside of the building looks great. I would have a lot of respect for the one who is able to take this fort :pir-classic: I also like all the windows, and how you made them one with the rest of the fort (if you know what I mean)