Bricks

[Review] 8039-Venator

Rate the set  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion on this set (not the review)

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

this is a really nice set! it has a few more play functions that i didnt know about. it is ok that it doesnt heve more figures because there is no room inside for them. it would be nice to have more room inside like the star destroyer, but this set seems more sturdy than the destroyer. am i right? the destroyer always fell apart if you move it and wasnt that sturdy. i think TLC sacraficed the room in this set to make it more sturdy. i mostly use my sets for display and always have to move them around so it is ok that the inside was sacraficed for sturdyness. i really want this set and hope i will be able to afford it. thanks for the great review!

Thank you for the review. I've been very curious about this set and glad you showed us the inside.

Question - Can you tell us the size of the new tile?

thanks!

We get 1700 bricks for the AT-OP and Dropship

why couldnt we have got a PROPER Venator? The AT-OP has been one of Lego's biggest sellers - there is a market for big sets

This Venator seems like a budget version that satisfies no one

Make it huge and if it costs £200 - so be it, dont give a monkees about the cost - only what i'm getting for it

Atleast give us a Venator in proportion!

Imagine what it would look like done right....

why couldnt we have got a PROPER Venator? The AT-OP has been one of Lego's biggest sellers - there is a market for big sets

Make it huge and if it costs £200 - so be it, dont give a monkees about the cost - only what i'm getting for it

Atleast give us a Venator in proportion!

Imagine what it would look like done right....

I totally agree with you.

TLC should produce new UCS.

Anyway, I have friend who is working on a 6000 part Venator. When his instructions are done, I build it immediately (I already have bought some parts).

bakk20.gif

It's a great review, and a great set aswell. :thumbup:

But there are some worse things about the set. It could have been alot bigger, and it could of had a better interior.

But I will still pick this up any time!

Did I read the price right? US dollars is like $180+ Oh man. I don't think I'm buying this. Yes. I said that. :hmpf:

I like the design, my son would like the figures, but I always find it strange when a ship isn't built to some sort of scale. I wish they made a scaled version of this ship for detail, then make something else that can use the figures. Like maybe a senate set to support the senator and his guards. That way the set could be cheaper for kids to buy for the figures.

Did I read the price right? US dollars is like $180+ Oh man. I don't think I'm buying this. Yes. I said that. :hmpf:

The U.S. price is $120, starstreak. :wink:

Edited by ILikePi

Depends. TRU in Hawaii? :tongue:

Yeah, it's probably going to be $140-$150 there...

Edited by ILikePi

Hi,

this is my first post in this forum and I know this is not the best way to introduce myself.

The reason why I'm posting is just because I'm a bit disappointed to see a score of 9/10 on such a bad set.

The Venator is one of the most beautiful vessels in the SW Saga and Lego has made it the most Ugly !

If you are looking for special or new parts for your MOCs, again this set is not recommendable at all.

Construction is as easy as my son's set (he's 6).

So what ! 9/10 !!! Which rating would you give to the UCS MF ?

Again, sorry for that introduction but regarding the price of this set (140€), this is just unfair for the lego SW fans :cry_sad:

Regards,

Neuro

Thanks for that review, Bricks. :classic:

Beside the price I like that set pretty much and I think TLC pulled off the distinct shape and color scheme of that fine Star Destroyer really well.

Hi,

this is my first post in this forum and I know this is not the best way to introduce myself.

The reason why I'm posting is just because I'm a bit disappointed to see a score of 9/10 on such a bad set.

The Venator is one of the most beautiful vessels in the SW Saga and Lego has made it the most Ugly !

Hello and welcome to the a little more maverick side of the brick... :thumbup:

If I´m allowed to quote Neil Young: Red means run, son, numbers add up to nothin'... :tongue:

Honestly, that score´s representing the personal view of Bricks, and that´s just fine. But if I´ve to evaluate the value of a set

for my own needs I never need any numbers or polls or something like this. Some interesting and detailed pictures´ll do the

job for me, and a more in-depth opinion of other people, especially if they point out something I missed to realize on my own,

helps a lot too.

Edited by Asuka

How do you know how well the Dropship is selling?

Also the set satisfies no one? Have you read the last two pages? many people like it, but I guess no one likes it because you don't?

I think the dropship and the AT-OP is one of the worst sets ever made and people who bought it lost their minds. You can get the AT-TE and the Gunship for $40 cheaper, it has many more pieces and more minifigures.

How do you know how well the Dropship is selling?

Magic

..or MAYBE, because Lego publishes sales from its website :hmpf:

Also the set satisfies no one? Have you read the last two pages? many people like it, but I guess no one likes it because you don't?

Deal with it

I think the dropship and the AT-OP is one of the worst sets ever made and people who bought it lost their minds. You can get the AT-TE and the Gunship for $40 cheaper, it has many more pieces and more minifigures.

Some of us are adults (the rules do say that u need to be too...) - that means we can afford Lego (which is CHEAP, try a mortgage if you want to know what expensive is)

Some of us dont give a damn about the price. Its a hobby - a dozen sets a year barely dents $1000 dollars.

So its cheaper to buy AT-TE's? What kind of argument is that? If cost is the determining factor then dont waste money on a childrens toy!!

I'm not intrested in the number of bricks i get or the exact number of mini figs it comes with - just whether I like the set

EDIT: The pic was posted in another thread. thanks though

Hey Bricks, thanks for the nice review. The first one I've seen so far.

Anyway, if you have a chance can you take a picture of this set next to the 6211 Star Destroyer if you have it?

I'm a little jealous that this isn't available in the US yet.

Edited by Drock

Lets all calm down now. Everybody has their own opinions. I bought the dropship. As a parent, I have no idea how the target audience is supposed to buy a $200+ set, but it is considered a UCS, which is why as a AFOL I could afford it. As a benefit my son gets to play with it. I would not buy it for him.

While Lego could've made that set into two "cheaper" set, they didn't. The dropship is cool, but very weak buy on its own without anything to "pick up".

Just remember, there are many age groups that read here, so the posts will vary in maturity. Lets not get on to a yelling match.

This is why we have reviews. So we know if a set is worth buying. Don't cut the person down for his own opinions. Buy the set and give your ideas.

Wow, that set's great....if its 50 bucks! What a terribly overpriced sham - it has no true inside! The ISD was clunky but at least had a decent interior. This thing is a hunk of junk....I will be ignoring this one on the shelf.

Some of us are adults (the rules do say that u need to be too...) - that means we can afford Lego (which is CHEAP, try a mortgage if you want to know what expensive is)

Some of us dont give a damn about the price. Its a hobby - a dozen sets a year barely dents $1000 dollars.

So its cheaper to buy AT-TE's? What kind of argument is that? If cost is the determining factor then dont waste money on a childrens toy!!

I'm not intrested in the number of bricks i get or the exact number of mini figs it comes with - just whether I like the set

And yet as an adult, you're fighting with a possible under age member? you were at least calling him one in your post :hmpf:

Shows how mature you are.

Wow, that set's great....if its 50 bucks! What a terribly overpriced sham - it has no true inside! The ISD was clunky but at least had a decent interior. This thing is a hunk of junk....I will be ignoring this one on the shelf.

thanks for informing me... :hmpf_bad:

Anyways, back on topic, I really like the venator. the figs are great, would've prefered gree in it though. For the first venator the TLC has ever produced, I think they did a great job. Playiblity looks pretty cool but id rather have more intior. Like palp's office, id rather that be a control/ command centre.

Edited by Mocha

Man this set looks good. I don't watch cartoons much, so I haven't seen the CW series and can't comment on how well it actually compares to the television show, but from a LEGO set standard, I'd say it's top notch. The fact that it has a handle is what amazes me. Try picking up the ISD with one hand without people gasping. :tongue:

Another thing, I think the office room is really cool, and the gunner with a sliding turret seems really fun to me. The bombing mechanism looks really cool too. I cannot wait to pick up this set. I'd say the price is worth it for unique-ness alone. :thumbup:

So this is my first and last post on this web site. Bricks, your review was really bad. Poor layout and lacking in detail. you did not back up your score that is why people are giving you a hard time, and your first response back to someone who disagred with you was very immature and childish. Many of the posters here are punks who have no social skills. Piss poor review, piss poor website, piss poor members.

Edited by usul

So this is my first and last post on this web site. Bricks, your review was really bad. Poor layout and lacking in detail. you did not back up your score that is why people are giving you a hard time, and your first response back to someone who disagred with you was very immature and childish. Many of the posters here are punks who have no social skills. Piss poor review, piss poor website, piss poor members.

what are you complaning about?

He bought the set with his own hard earned cash.

He took the effort to take pictures and he took the effort to give his opinion.

No-one can argue with his opinion, because that is what it is: his opinion.

Negative critisism is easy, anybody can do that.

Do you really believe that stomping on him like this is helping anybody?

It will not help you and it will not help him.

Ofcourse someone is defensive when you are attacking them negatively like this.

That is human. Heck, I would be steaming with anger.

Being positive and constructive is hard and requires the social skills you are talking about.

I'm sorry but any person posting a reply like the one quoted above is the one clearly lacking in the social skills department.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

Many of the posters here are punks who have no social skills. Piss poor review, piss poor website, piss poor members.

Well, at first I wondered a little why you shouldered all the inconveniences to register as a member just for a post like that, but I´ve to say that

your last two sentences really made my day, even when the included wit might be more on the involuntary side of humor... thanks nevertheless. :laugh:

Dirty%20Harry%202.jpg

Thanks for stopping in! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

As for the review (in a feeble attempt to stay on topic), I thought the review was fine, I just didn't agree with the conclusions. This set is a definite pass for me. I haven't liked any of the animation-style Clone Wars mini-figs faces, and Palpatine's is the worst of the bunch. The set itself is clunky and weird. The most exciting thing they can come up with is an OFFICE?!?! Hey, kids, now you can reenact board meetings in Palpatine's office!! Yay!