Sign in to follow this  
Mirandir

Vintage Minifig Collection Volume 3

I never liked the yellow spaceman, even as a kid,I thought he was naked.

hahaha, thats funny. I must confess that thought crossed my mind as a kid as well. :laugh:

about vol3:

must have black falcon.... :oh::wub:

must have cowboy... :oh3::wub:

must have bluecoat!...... :wub::wub::wub::cry_happy:

Didn't care for vol1 or vol2, but this is amazing!

Edited by Teddy

This is the best one yet, and definitely a candidate for multiples- it's just a shame there's yet another classic spaceman. :sadnew:

I never liked the yellow spaceman, even as a kid,I thought he was naked.

He pre-dates me, but when I saw previews of this set I was like, "Awesome tattoo pal! But I think you should get your head looked at..."

vintageminifigs3.jpg

OK, I'm really happy to see an acknowledgment of the Western theme. BUT, I'm not quite as happy as I could have been had they included a cavalry private in there instead of a Lieutenant. I can cross my fingers we'll see either a reintroduction of the western theme (with the included cavalry soldiers I love to use as Civil War-era Federals), or maybe I'll get lucky in Vintage collection volume 27 or so. Regardless, Volume 3 will be the first of these collections I'm enticed to buy.

Cheers LEGO! Please keep making great products like these!

-John

BTW, this isn't all the classic space guys. There is still the blue one that has yet to appear in these fig packs. (the blue one came out in 84)

Not really liking these sets, why have they given us so many classic spacemen instead of other figs (e.g. other newer space figs like Blacktron or Space Police or Ice Planet)

I expect to see the price of black falcons, chefs, cavalry leaders and yellow classic space figs fall a bit as pirate fans buy multiples of this set to get the blue coats and sell the rest of the figs. Although that may be balanced out by castle fans buying it for the Black Falcon and western fans buying it for the cavalry (I cant see anyone buying multiples for the chef :)

Still not worth $20, but at east this one ends the classic Space guys, thank god...

Nope! There's still the blue one left. Most likely included in a volume 4...

oh the hope i get from seeing that western figure :sweet:

I really, really, really want to see some western sets back in the stores...........

To bad the put in a general and not a foot soldier or cavalryman, there aren't that many generals in a army.......

Wow, I'm really surprised to see all the hate here for Classic Spacemen; I'd have thought they were the major selling point for these collections. I thought surely it was the most beloved vintage LEGO theme ever. :(

Vol. 2 would be one I'd need multiples of, but the inexplicable printing of the Space torsos has made me pause on buying it so far (has anyone heard anything about the possibility of them offering a corrected version, BTW? It seems like it'd be a very easy fix, since they're already printing the torsos properly with the same print for Vol. 1 and now Vol. 3, but one never knows...).

Anyway, this does look like a gorgeous collection, though I have to admit the newer Pirate sets have spoiled me a bit with the printed shakos on the soldiers. I wonder how well this older-style bluecoat will mix with future additions to my still-beginning Pirate collection. But I definitely want this guy and his four friends anyway... :D

Nope! There's still the blue one left. Most likely included in a volume 4...

Darn I thought V2 had a blue one.

I don't hate them, but they are plain and boring. The minifigures cost $4 a piece and I rather have different ones. Same with a Chef. Out of all the City/Town minifigures ever made they pick the chef for this set? I have like 25 chefs as it is, they are quite common. How about an "Indian" to go with the cowboy?

EDIT - Turns out in the USA they are only $18... I swear they were $20. So that means it's only $3.50 a piece. :)

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

I today finally decided to not buy this minifigure collection.

Of course it's awesome - that can't be denied.

But since I have no use for the imperial soldier and the spaceman 15 Euros for three minifigs (black falcon knight, chef and Western soldier) are for me too much since I already really need this money for all these excellent sets (you can see in my signature) I aim to buy.

And btw: If TLG releases a new Western theme (which I really hope - but regrettably highly doubt) we'd surely get some (new) Western soldiers anyway - so why now spending a huge amount on this special one?!

Klaus-Dieter

Wow, I'm really surprised to see all the hate here for Classic Spacemen; I'd have thought they were the major selling point for these collections. I thought surely it was the most beloved vintage LEGO theme ever. :(

Vol. 2 would be one I'd need multiples of, but the inexplicable printing of the Space torsos has made me pause on buying it so far (has anyone heard anything about the possibility of them offering a corrected version, BTW? It seems like it'd be a very easy fix, since they're already printing the torsos properly with the same print for Vol. 1 and now Vol. 3, but one never knows...).

I like the classic space guys, but there have been quite a few of them now and none are fully authentic (all have wrong helmets and some have misplaced printing). I would rather see some of the later, space faction minifigs at this point.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any corrected version of volume 2, and it's been out for a while now. It's strange that they made such an obvious error in the first place, especially since the first one had it right like you said.

Definitely that is the best volume of whole collection, I only wish TLC put redcoat instead of bluecoat :hmpf_bad:

not really vintage if you are using the newer helmet :hmpf_bad:

other than that, looks like a good mix

mmm Not impressed, paid £11.75 at a Lego shop, then spotted them at Legoland Windsor for only £8.50 and then I get 10% annual pass discount!