95 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks for reviewing this, and yeah they ought to use a smaller box. :laugh:

I've frontpaged this, to give it the same highlight as the other new sets.

:thumbup:

I good reveiw of a great set. I'm really looking forward to this one, and will most definately buy mutiples.

It is expencive, but compared to other 2009 sets, I'm happy with it.

I hope it comes to NZ soon! :cry_happy:

Thanks for the creative review! I'll be honest; with these figs and a taun-taun I'd pay full price for the set even if it just included 3 1x1 white plates to represent snow on Hoth and it came with nothing else. This time last year you may have been able to get two snowtroopers and a Hoth rebel for that price but that's about it. Plus the Hoth rebels now have those fantastic goggles.

Though perhaps tone down a wee bit on the language, I know you censored it, but, well, I'll leave it to the rest

Its supposed to be a forum for adults..... Just sayin'.

Nice review btw im glad we get another Han with the dark blue hood :cry_happy: , I lost my dark blue hood from 4504 :cry_sad: Annnddd.....thats pretty much the only reason im getting it. Oh and for the figures, Never have to many Hoth Rebels. (And Taun-taun of course) :tongue:

Thank you very much for this great review, jansued! :thumbup:

I voted for average

since this set is - apart from the awesome Tauntaun - totally unneccessary! :sad:

Pros:

+ awesome Tauntaun :wub:

Cons:

- again a Hoth Han minifigure! :hmpf:

- no Snow Trooper Captain/Commander/ ... to lead the Imperial troops :thumbdown:

- no Rebel Captain/Commander/ ... to lead the Rebel troops :thumbdown:

Of course this set is a brilliant BP for someone who doesn't own yet the Hoth Rebel Base. But since I do own the Hoth Rebel Base I would never have bought this set if there wasn't that lovely Tauntaun included! :angry:

Imo it would have been much better to release another small OT set instead of this this year and then offer a big complete Hoth base with many and new minifigures, some rooms and interior to us next year! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for a fun review!

Got this set as well at the event, and will build it this evening.

Played around with the mini-figs.

The Taun-taun is so super great.

By judging from your refrigerator, are you living alone :tongue:

Mine looks the same :grin:

I rarley eat at home :hmpf:

@ Klaus:Hopefully your "downside" on the Luke issue, we will see another set with him and a Wampa.

I really like the new mold of the half cylinder.

Hope that there will be a trans-light-blue one of those soon.

Then you can build a good Bacta tank for Luke.

Also the new googles is really great.

Suits best when they are "up" though.

Cant wait to go home and build it, and my new Endor set.

-Ras-

This will be first Star Wars set I will buy because I love this new creature, and his horns!

And I loled on "How package should look like" :thumbup:

Great review!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

This is really a great little set. I love the fact that it is pretty much a BP except with a more substantial base. It is a little pricier than a BP, but the Tauntaun makes it all worth it.

I lost my old Hoth Han :hmpf_bad: So I'm glad they made another one :tongue:

Also, so far the only errors I've found is the old R2-D2, Jet Tropper, and the Rebel (Hoth) has no backpack. The last one probaly isn't it though :P

Great review!! :thumbup: But u said u also got the Tank Droid thing :wub: from TRU, so when u have time PLEASE review it. :wink:

Another round of cheers, Xenck :thumbup:

@ Klaus:Hopefully your "downside" on the Luke issue, we will see another set with him and a Wampa.

Do you only think that there might be a set with Hoth Luke and the Wampa or do you know that, Ras 74?

I really hope that we'll see the Wampa's Cave with Hoth Luke, the Wampa and a skeletton animal next year. And since it's the year of ESB celebrating and we haven't got yet neither a Hoth Luke nor a Wampa it would be very logical. But many things would be logical. Plus notice that for the Wampa a new mold is needed. So I don't know - might be, might even not be. :sceptic:

Hope that there will be a trans-light-blue one of those soon.

Then you can build a good Bacta tank for Luke.

I totally agree with you, Ras 74! :thumbup:

If TLG one day hopefully releases a big and complete Hoth Base with many new minifigs and some rooms with furnished interiors this bacta tank should - in addition with a medical droid - of course be included there, too!

And I loled on "How package should look like" :thumbup:

I totally agree with you, Lordofdragonss!

It's really a shame that TLG announces that they want to do something for protecting our environment and therefore diminish the box sizes. But what's with the box size of that set?! :angry::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Very good review, I enjoyed reading/looking at it.

The set is good, and if I had the money which I now sadly have to spend on armybuilding, I woulc buy this epic set.

This entire review was Top Notch!!! I like the commentary, the humor, and the settings! Keep up the good work, and it's an 18+ site, so you keep up these type of reviews. I needed a good laugh today, and I knew I would find it on EB!

Thanks for the review! I loved it. :wub: I'll be buying this set.. but I'll probably cringe when I see the price! Are the Tauntaun horns compatable with anything else?

Oh, fair point. There's good things and bad things about that new design. For example towers won't work so well... that might mean that the Taj Mahal (which has axels inside the 4 side towers) is on its way out. :cry_sad:

Its supposed to be a forum for adults..... Just sayin'.

True, but "adult" isn't the same as "talk like you're with your home boys". Swearing for the heck of it grows tiresome real fast...

Thanks for the review! I loved it. :wub: I'll be buying this set.. but I'll probably cringe when I see the price! Are the Tauntaun horns compatable with anything else?

I was told by a reliable Australian source a while back that RRP would be $39.99 which I don't think is too bad. I'm sure the first wave to hit the shops will sell quickly but with a bit of patience there'll b eplenty around for the 15-20% off sales. Mind you, if they're $40, I'll be grabbing two straight away, not because I'm flushed with cash, but because I'm an ESB tragic, particularly anything to do with Hoth.

I was told by a reliable Australian source a while back that RRP would be $39.99 which I don't think is too bad.

Considering the prices of Snowtroopers $40 would be cheap! :tongue:

Thanks for that fine and very funny review of a really much longed for set, jansued. :thumbup:

Perfect MFs and a well fitting and lovely 'squirrel' indeed. :grin:

i counted 6 mistakes with the 2009 poster :tongue:

And those are?

Thank you for a nice review. I've built the set myself, and kind of think it's a battle pack, or what ever such a minifigure-collection should be called. It's a great set though, but really mostly minifigures.

One thing I have to point out is that letting Lego bricks come in contact with butter is a bad idea. It weakens the material, and although the feet of the big "squirrel" probably isn't subjected to high loads, I would never do something similar.

I voted average.

My goodness, those goggles are lovely! :wub:

Also, A chance to finally get some snowtroopers without paying an arm and a leg for an AT-AT or the Millennium Falcon ! Hooray!

Cheers!

-Nich