WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 1

I have a few announcements of the history of the train that I wish to make, and I won't let you miss them. :tongue:

But before that, who's up for a game of Aussie Hold-em?

Ohh, I love history? Anybody else a history buff? This should be quite exciting. I'd take notes if my pen hadn't exploded.

Aussie Hold 'Em? Not sure how to play that one...

Aussie Hold 'Em? Not sure how to play that one...

You grab an Aussie, and hold 'em down until they confess! There's always a crime, all Aussies are descended from convicts you know.

Mon Dieu! I hope we don't have any aboard this train :oh:

I'm getting this very strong feeling that the staff are trying to hide something from us, as they are preventing us, their guests, from entering another carriage which we have the right to go into. It is a passenger carriage after all. I still hold by my choice to go visit the other carriage, in fact, I think we should all go. :sweet: Even if there wasn't a knife, I want to go see what's next door. Mr. Conductor, you can tell us your stories on the way if you like.

And I'm really not appreciating the abuse from some of the staff members. Really, some "luxury" service. I'll be telling all my 1274 Facebook friends about this. :hmpf:

I'm getting this very strong feeling that the staff are trying to hide something from us, as they are preventing us, their guests, from entering another carriage which we have the right to go into.

Read your ticket:

Please note that boarding the train is at your own risk and any of the staff have the right to refuse entry to any part or the whole train at any given time.

I'm getting this very strong feeling that the staff are trying to hide something from us, as they are preventing us, their guests, from entering another carriage which we have the right to go into.

I think you're right... I don't trust them. Drinking on duty, barely knowledgeable about the location of the various cars, whispering about important details that may relate to our safety and now attempting to prevent our free movement.

I object, your honour! I move that this trial be temporarily adjourned to give counsel an opportunity to retire to the next cabin to examine the evidence! Bailiff, take that contemptuous conductor into custody until we can determine what to do with him!

*snaps out of it* :look:

It is a passenger carriage after all. I still hold by my choice to go visit the other carriage, in fact, I think we should all go. :sweet: Even if there wasn't a knife, I want to go see what's next door. Mr. Conductor, you can tell us your stories on the way if you like.

Agreed. We go. If we don't go, maybe you could use a Vulcan death grip on the conductor while he isn't looking.

I'll be telling all my 1274 Facebook friends about this. :hmpf:

Dorkus Maximus. :hmpf:

Read your ticket:

My ticket doesn't say anything of the sort, but my hands say "get the hell out of the way, you overstuffed excuse for a model train playing kid." :wacko:

Fine, my hands aren't overly articulate, but they're well articulated, so don't try me. :angry:

Ohh, I love history? Anybody else a history buff? This should be quite exciting. I'd take notes if my pen hadn't exploded.

*hands Herman another exploding pen*

I'm going. I want to know more about this knife situation especially since our host didn't show up for the trip so suspiciously. :wacko:
I'm getting this very strong feeling that the staff are trying to hide something from us, as they are preventing us, their guests, from entering another carriage which we have the right to go into. It is a passenger carriage after all. I still hold by my choice to go visit the other carriage, in fact, I think we should all go. :sweet: Even if there wasn't a knife, I want to go see what's next door. Mr. Conductor, you can tell us your stories on the way if you like.

And I'm really not appreciating the abuse from some of the staff members. Really, some "luxury" service. I'll be telling all my 1274 Facebook friends about this. :hmpf:

We're not hiding anything but rather thinking of your best interests. :hmpf:

Also you didn't have to come on this train. :tongue: It is luxury, We're trying to friken protect you guys! :hmpf: And as long as im alive no one (Unless the big voice in sky intervenes) is going in that other carraige except for staff!

We're not hiding anything but rather thinking of your best interests. :hmpf:

Also you didn't have to come on this train. :tongue: It is luxury, We're trying to friken protect you guys! :hmpf: And as long as im alive no one (Unless the big voice in sky intervenes) is going in that other carraige except for staff!

How dare you speak to us in that way!? :angry: We are guests on this train! What sort of a luxury train is this when the passengers are constantly abused by the staff? Have you never heard of "the customer is always right"? Why are you so paranoid about keeping us out of the second car, anyway? :wacko: It's not like we have any reason to suspect that there is anything wrong in there. It is a passenger car, designed for our use, and yet you are trying to prevent us from going in there, with no valid reason other than a supposed knife, while the entire staff heads through to have their own private orgy chat! I'm with Grease over there, whether you like it or not, I want to go through to that carriage.

...and shouldn't you be driving the train or something, rather than hanging around in our passenger carriage drinking with us? Really, it's disgraceful, I'm already starting to dislike this trip, and it has barely begun! :hmpf:

At least the other passengers are cool, especially my new best friend Herman. :sweet:

You grab an Aussie, and hold 'em down until they confess! There's always a crime, all Aussies are descended from convicts you know.

Mon Dieu! I hope we don't have any aboard this train :oh:

So are Americans, you douche! :blush: Oops, pardon me. I've had one drink too many...two. Knives make me nervous. And so do women. Two women, one knife, two drinks, a whoopee cushion. It all mixes up to equal...what was I talking about? *huh*

How dare you speak to us in that way!? :angry: We are guests on this train! What sort of a luxury train is this when the passengers are constantly abused by the staff? Have you never heard of "the customer is always right"?

Um, weren't your tickets paid for by the missing Miss Elizabeth Thornton? Haven't you heard the expression 'you get what you pay for'?

We don't even know if Elizabeth actually settled the bill! Maybe she's done a runner and that's why she hasn't shown up. How am I supposed to braise tomorrow night's caribou steaks with saffron and queen bee jelly glaze if I can't even buy the ingredients?

You people are, how you say, eating my brains, with your constant demands and questions :hmpf: I think we all need to take a time out. Here, everyone have a glass of warm milk. The serotonins will soothe your thoughts.

Ok how about us staff go look at it first then the rest of you can come? Because its our train we need to make sure its not a danger to anyone else.

we're just trying to help.

Also schmelt is right, We all need to calm down and think this through.....

Um, weren't your tickets paid for by the missing Miss Elizabeth Thornton? Haven't you heard the expression 'you get what you pay for'?

Exactly the point. At the present, her whereabouts are unknown, and we're on a train with a crew of drunken morons who seem to think that the discovery of a knife is important, just not important to the passengers. Well I'll tell you this much... until we know where she is and that she is safe, I for one will be damned before I sit and wait around for you stooges to regain whatever minimal professionalism you may have and do your jobs.

Dynamic movement: I am going to check out this knife situation. NOW. Anyone coming along?

I think we all need to take a time out. Here, everyone have a glass of warm milk. The serotonins will soothe your thoughts.

If you'd like, I can toss you in the corner and you can take a little timeout on your own. Personally, I don't think we have that kind of time to waste. :angry:

danger to anyone else.

So you admit it's already been a danger to someone? :hmpf_bad:

Dynamic movement: I am going to check out this knife situation. NOW. Anyone coming along?

Why yes, I'd love to. :sweet:Dynamic Movement: Follow Mr. Greaseman into the 2nd Passenger Carriage.

I agree Mr. Greaseman. These staff really aren't very professional at all! Maybe they are fakes!! :laugh:

Actually, I haven't had anything to drink so you can't count me in with that bunch.

Waffles... get your delicious waffles here. Who wants a waffle? You, sir? And how about you madame? Everybody loves ze waffles!

Guys, just calm down!

There's definitely something swishy-swashy going on, but we're not going to find out what it is just by following a knife! Let's just keep looking around where we are now. Let the staff do whatever they want to.

Guys, just calm down!

There's definitely something swishy-swashy going on, but we're not going to find out what it is just by following a knife! Let's just keep looking around where we are now. Let the staff do whatever they want to.

I'm actually staying calm. Pretty cool, huh? Er...I'll just stay here and be calm with you. So...do you play Dungeons & Dragons? Or are you a Magic the Gathering type of girl? :wink: :wink:

So...do you play Dungeons & Dragons? Or are you a Magic the Gathering type of girl? :wink: :wink:

*stares at Herman blankly*

Are you hitting on me? See this? *waggles her engagement ring in front of Herman's face*

I don't want to play games, anyway. I want to know why I was invited in this circus-on-rails in the first place!

If I told you there was a car crash in the street, would you all walk into the middle of the road?

For all we know, this is a perfectly innocent knife which may have gone astray from my kitchen, I don't know why I need an entourage to attend to such a matter. You're all like little schoolgirls who won't go to the bathroom without their best friend to hold their hand. Doesn't anyone want to eat my rabbit for dinner? :default_huh.gif:

*mutters*

So maybe its not rabbit afterall, maybe its Elizabeth! *huh*

We don't even know if Elizabeth actually settled the bill! Maybe she's done a runner and that's why she hasn't shown up. How am I supposed to braise tomorrow night's caribou steaks with saffron and queen bee jelly glaze if I can't even buy the ingredients?

You people are, how you say, eating my brains, with your constant demands and questions :hmpf: I think we all need to take a time out. Here, everyone have a glass of warm milk. The serotonins will soothe your thoughts.

This elaborate attempt at censorship by the staff has got my hackles up! down hackles

Dynamic Movement check out the knife with the mob!

*stares at Herman blankly*

Are you hitting on me? See this? *waggles her engagement ring in front of Herman's face*

I don't want to play games, anyway. I want to know why I was invited in this circus-on-rails in the first place!

Ahh an engagement ring! Then mind games really are a specialty of yours! *huh* *huh*

*enters dragging a large luggage*

Oh, I didn't realize this was a party train...

Hi, everyone. My name is Eleanor Grigsby. I'm thrilled to have gotten a ticket to this exclusively fantastic train! So, who of you is behind this invitation I got?

Oh, none of you? You all got the same invitation? Splendid!

Welcome lass! 'Names Austin Parker Jr, but you can call me Austin Parker. Given that we both, er, like this beautiful train, I say you and me team up and solve this mystery together huh? Please? I need something to brag to everyone later!

Welcome, Mr. Parker. The name's Jim Butcher, of course, although I think we already met, in that one place called "Discussion Thread". :tongue::wink:

In a what?

Anyway, is carriage three open?

Oh, and hand me another pint will ya Schmelt, I was almost sober for a second there! Just kiddin', A Texan can never be drunk, too strong!

Oh, and hand me another pint will ya Schmelt, I was almost sober for a second there! Just kiddin', A Texan can never be drunk, too strong!

My pleasure; here you go. Now, nobody told me if they had any special dietary requirements; please let me know so I can plan the menu accordingly.

Has anyone read any good books lately? Any murder mysteries they could reccomend?

Given that we both, er, like this beautiful train, I say you and me team up and solve this mystery together huh? Please? I need something to brag to everyone later!

Yes, let's team up! I think you're one of the few gentlemen here who doesn't behave like a six-year old.

Care to join us, Miss Arian?

The discovery of a a knife in Passenger Car #2 has flung the passengers and crew aboard the Emerald Express into a frightened panic. While the crew wish to examine the "clue scene" alone, a number of the passengers demand to follow the crew. A reluctant Conductor Maxwell, fearing "mob mentality", has decided that in the best interest of safety, anyone wishing to follow the crew would be permitted to do so.

They slowly walk toward the front passenger car wondering what they will discover in a train destined for Mystery...

End Chapter 1