KimT

Invasion Contest Discussion and Rules topic

Ok i dont have time on my hands to take photos right now. So it will have to wait until the weekend. The only reason the main body is left untouched is because i dont have enough peices, or the right ones from other themes to make a body. Besides it more or less looks like a boat anyway.

This is a very interesting contest indeed. a real challenge.

I have not seen any Star Wars movies (okay, just one, 15 years ago. Didn't like it) and I never built a spaceship.

That means it's a REAL challenge to re-do a SW vessel in another theme's style... but not undoable at all. So who knows what I'll come up with!

this looks like an awesome contest! im sure i wont win but itll be a blast brainstorming for ideas building and entering anyway! thanks for these contests! :classic:

This is a very interesting contest indeed. a real challenge.

I have not seen any Star Wars movies (okay, just one, 15 years ago. Didn't like it) and I never built a spaceship.

That means it's a REAL challenge to re-do a SW vessel in another theme's style... but not undoable at all. So who knows what I'll come up with!

For inspiration you could check the list of already done Star Wars sets here

Do I have to post it as soon as I upload it?

I have made a ship but missed some of the photos needed and I can't remember the name of the ship I based it on and my Star Wars expert is on holiday until the weekend.

So should I post it right now (As I loaded it to MOCpages) or should I wait until I have the ship type and missing pictures?

All entries posted before the deadline are considered Works In Progress and therefore I think you'd be better off posting it here as well.

You can make any changes you wish for until the deadline.

So by all means - let's have those WIPs posted here :wub:

Yes you can. Just as long as it's seriously MOD'ed.

I'd love to see for example a Classic Space AT-AT or Millenium Falcon :wub:

Rebuilding a complete set where you've just replaced the colours isn't gonna cut it.

Im guessing just covering my motorised AT-AT in classic colours and space logos won't cut? :tongue:

I might try something Classic-Spacey.... or Mars Mission :classic:

Okay!!! I can't enter, so someone else has to have my idea! Somebody, if you have a lot of arctic or soccer sets, PLEASE PM me!!! You will get a couple of awesome ideas!!! Sucks to be me :cry_sad:

I have one question Kimt, I just finished making my indiana jones sail barge and the main body is still the same as the ordinary one, but ive added things like a sterring wheel, propellers, 2 anchors and a life boat towed to one side. Also ive changed the sails and made the turbolaser on the deck look like a ship gun. Would this be allowed in the constest? because the main body of the barge hasnt changed.
Just like I'm doing a Power Miners AAT. Well, I've changed some of the main body. I'll give you a hint some of you would never think of :tongue: I'm replacing the main gun hatch with a bobcat windscreen piece :classic:

Ok, I've made something for the contest, but it falls under the 200 piece limit mark. Can I make another small vehicle to go with it from the same theme to increase the piece count, or should I try to add more pieces to the vehicle that I already have? In other words, are we allowed to have two smaller vehicles instead of one larger one?

The MOC entered must have at least 200 pieces that is correct.

But since I haven't stated that it has to be one model, you are allowed to enter 2 or more smaller models as one MOC.

Personally I'd prefer one model per entry only...

Just make sure your entry complies with the rules and you're good.

I can give you 5 days and extend it to the 15th though, how does that sound?

So... Are we getting that extension or not?

So... Are we getting that extension or not?

Noone ever replied to want it :sceptic:

But if you're still want it, I can easily give it.

Noone ever replied to want it :sceptic:

But if you're still want it, I can easily give it.

Yes, I want it, even though I'm still not sure if it will do me any good (as I am still very busy), but it will definitely make me feel better to have five more days than originally to get an entry in. :classic:

I'd like the extension, too please. :sweet:

And I see you've finally made use of that calendar on the forum page, KimT. :grin:

I'd like the extension, too please. :sweet:

And I see you've finally made use of that calendar on the forum page, KimT. :grin:

I've given the extension :thumbup:

And yes, we've finally :laugh: gotten around to activate the calendar feature.

That should make it easier for you guys to find out which contests (and events) are running and when to enter :classic:

Are entries based on biomechanical/biological Star Wars vehicles allowed?

You mean like droids that run by themselves? Eg a Corporate Alliance Tank Or Hailfire?

No, I think he means more like Rancors and dewbacks. :wink: Those were allowed on the last contest, but I doubt they are in this one. :look: I mean, how do you make, say, a Pirates themed Rancor? :sceptic:

I don't think that they are counted as vehicles. If they are, I can see an Alpha Team Wampa coming :tongue:

Entries "based" on such are welcome.

An entry with a Rancor pulling a mechanical Castle AT-AT would be more than welcome.

Thanks for updating the index KimT :thumbup:

Goodbye...

*The Relieved*

Hail Trashcat!!!

Am I allowed to enter my copy of this?

Well it is a total classic space rip-off of an AT-AT. OK, it wouldn't exactly be a MOC.

Am I allowed to enter my copy of this?

Well it is a total classic space rip-off of an AT-AT. OK, it wouldn't exactly be a MOC.

?

A copy of that?

It needs to be a MOC...

I suggest reading the rules once more, they should be specific enough on what to enter and how to enter.