Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

Yay! I use Brickshelf, and I don't faith in it that much, but as someone says, it's free, so I make the best of it. One day I'll buy a Flickr account, but for now I'm happy with it. I still keep all my pictures on my computer though.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Basic Flickr accounts are free, in case you are wondering. I personally have both a Brickshelf and Flickr.

If anybody has a brickshelf account. I suggest you get over there and check your folders mine are all empty. :cry_sad::thumbdown:

Topic is merged. Please continue the discussion in here. Thanks.

Question (that I have seen before but can no longer find).

Can you, if so how, message users on brickshelf?

For example: There is a user advertising something for sale on brickshelf, I wish to purchase it but have no know method of contacting him.

Please help

Buttons the cat

I don't think so. Unless a user displays their email address in the folder description or you know the user name from a blog/forum etc, there's no way of contacting them. But if they're stupid enough to advertise a sale without any means of contacting them, I'd be a little worried about giving them my money. :sceptic:

Hey everyone,

I've been updating my Brickshelf folders quite a lot over the last few weeks; unfortunately one of my folders has displayed the "This folder is not yet public." message for some time now... and I have no idea why. It's the folder I've been uploading my Star Wars MoCs and although I originally updated my Castle folder at the same time - which was made public as normal - my SW folder still hasn't. It doesn't violate the ToS in any way and after sending some mails to support I haven'y yet had a response or a resolution. Sucks a bit as I can't send the links to my non-AFoL friends.

I've started updating my MoCpages but really it would be nice if my Brickshelf account just worked!

Anyone else had any problems with this?

Anyone else had any problems with this?

I had merged and moved this topic here, since it's all Brickshelf's related. :classic:

And to all people who moan about BS being unreliable - yep, you're spot on. BS is unreliable. Furthermore, its file upload system and the entire user interface is old and annoying. BUT it's free. End of story. I would only expect someone to moan about someone else's services if they pay for those. Which we don't. So unless we start supporting Brickshelf by paying an actual amount of money to the people who run it, I think it is totally inappropriate for us to start pointing our fingers at the site.

I agree with all you said, apart from the bolded bit. Many people don't have backup files on their computer, so if BS were to go down permanently, they would have lost their photos. True, it's their fault for not having backups, but BS still has a responsibility to ensure the user is notified that their "property" is inaccessible or lost. (they could have at least sent out emails to every account when it went down 2 years ago).

I've been updating my Brickshelf folders quite a lot over the last few weeks; unfortunately one of my folders has displayed the "This folder is not yet public." message for some time now... and I have no idea why. It's the folder I've been uploading my Star Wars MoCs and although I originally updated my Castle folder at the same time - which was made public as normal - my SW folder still hasn't. It doesn't violate the ToS in any way and after sending some mails to support I haven'y yet had a response or a resolution. Sucks a bit as I can't send the links to my non-AFoL friends.

My Pirates folder hasn't been moderated for some weeks now, whilst my Other Stuff one has. I don't know the process of moderation, but it's possible that different people do different "shifts" of moderating, and the un-moderated fiels are in a backlog somewhere. That's just speculation, though.

You could try uploading one of the files again, to "bump" it in the moderation queue, if it's got lost...

Brickshelf's service stats say that there are 0 files on their website. Are they just doing repair on their servers, or is this a permanent thing? :cry_sad:

Brickshelf's service stats say that there are 0 files on their website. Are they just doing repair on their servers, or is this a permanent thing? :cry_sad:

Dunno.... but please no more new topics on BS problems. We've got this special topic afterall. :wink:

:tongue: Sorry about that, but still. I can't access anyone's folders without getting [empty], and I'm not sure if I can upload anything new.

I'm happy it wasn't just my computer :tongue:

Thanks ILikePi for the info but somebody knows how many time could it last? :look:

Edited by BlueBard

You never know when it will be back.

The folders are not empty btw. If you look at deeplinked pictures they still work, meaning that the original file is still on the server.

Maybe they are updating or something like that....

The folders are not empty btw. If you look at deeplinked pictures they still work, meaning that the original file is still on the server.

Maybe they are updating or something like that....

I agreed. Let's give them time to do their maintaince or updates on their site. I am sure it will be alright. :classic:

It is working for me now.

Uploading the invasion contest pics as I am typing.

Well, it looks like Brickshelf is up to its usual tricks again. Saying it has 0 files again. :hmpf:

Well, it looks like Brickshelf is up to its usual tricks again. Saying it has 0 files again. :hmpf:

Yup, every gallery thinks it's empty. :hmpf_bad: How, and why does this happen sometimes?

Edited by Darth Legolas

Yup, every gallery thinks it's empty. :hmpf_bad: How, and why does this happen sometimes?

I do not know, but whatever it is it seems to be a recuring problem.

Maybe they are doing some kind of maintenance with their servers?

Just checked my Brickshelf and it seems it's currently empty as well.

I'm having the same exact problems. Good to know it's not only me. :tongue: However, every picture I've ever deeplinked is still there. :sceptic: It just shows the folders as empty.

Brickshelf is back to normal. It seemed the administrators in Brickshelf must have done some maintainance check over at their server, and to prevent others from updating or uploading new images, the folders could have been disabled from public viewing.

It's back down again...

The folders are gone, but the files are still there... does anyone know how often this happens? This is the first time it has affected me.

Edited by Admiral M

does anyone know how often this happens?

It seems to be once ever 1 to 2 months.

My BrickShelf is stating that it's [empty] even though all my pictures are showing up in my reviews; should I be worried...?